Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bubble Bath


When was the last time you took a bubble bath?  I can't even remember, how sad is that.  I think I'm due for one--Calgon take me away!

I saw a tutorial by Mel McCarthy of Mel Stampz on how to make shiny tiles and when I saw this adorable Pure Innocence image, I was inspired to create a bathroom scene with her too.   If you haven't visited Mel's blog, you must--she is very creative and most inspiring.  You can find her tutorial on making shiny tiles here.

I used Mel's technique but I didn't follow her process exactly.  First, I took a piece of DP and ran it through my Xyron machine so I could have an adhesive backing.  Then I cut it into squares and adhered them to a piece of white cardstock, leaving spaces between each square--for the grout as she put it lol.  After the squares were all in place, I took my VersaMark stamp pad, patted it all over the paper, covered it with embossing powder and heated it with a heat gun.  The floor was embossed as well.  Since I didn't have any clear dew drops, I put drops of Diamond Glaze on the tile to create my water drops, sprinkled glitter on her suds and glued on some crystal tube beads. 

I had a lot of fun with this and even found some challenges:

1.  Paper Cutz Challenge, #32, Anything Goes 
2.  Secret Crafter, #74, Anything Goes
3.  Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential, SSHP22, You're So Slick!!
4.  Crafty Cardmakers, #16, A Feminine Celebration
5.  Totally Gorjuss, Challenge 21, Sweet!

Coming back to my opening question, "when was the last time you took a bubble bath?", I'm actually really curious as to how you would answer that.  Since my bubble bath was probably when I was a child, I'm wondering if that's really pathetic, LOL! 

Ok, I know in poker the saying goes "pay to see" so here's the deal--I'll put up candy for your answer to my question.  The question is, "When was the last time you took a bubble bath and if you weren't alone, who were you with?".  Ohhh, I can't believe I said that.  Well, I guess you could lie--I'd never know....

The winner will be by random pick (not by your answer) but you must answer to be in.  Enter by Wednesday and I'll announce the winner on Thursday.  (The candy is a package of Orange Creme Trellis Roses by Prima and Basic Grey Bling It.)  Thanks for playing!

Card recipe:
Paper:  kimemories--raindrop
Stamp:  Pure Innocence digi by Heather Ellis
Ink:  Copic Markers, VersaMark
Tools:  Nestabilities, Laura Ashley Sticker Collage, Doodlebug Glitter, Crystal Tube Beads, JudiKins Diamond Glaze, embossing powder, pop dots

34 comments:

Elise said...

Shirley... you made me LMAO when you said, "Calgon take me away!" OMG, I really laughed out loud!!! I just told my hubby the same line like 2 weeks ago! My little 3 year old sweet boy keeps yippity yapping all day long... constantly talking ... so I told my hubby that liner you just said, "Calgon, take me away!!" You know, I don't know when I last had a bubbly bath either! LOL ... i know i've never had once since my little one was born. I think maybe the last was about 7 years ago? LOL!
Yes, your card definitely is inviting and fills my head with "Have to make time for a bath soon." This is so clever Shirley,the way you've used and done everything. From the embossing powder on the walls, to the "grout", the bubblies, the towel!!, just EVERYTHING is so well thought out! What a FANTASTIC card! You're always so inspiring!
Hugs to you my friend,
Elise

Amy said...

OMGosh, this is amazing Shirley! All the details are unbelieveable, the tiles, hanging towel, soap and her slippers...just spectacular! Love this card!
Ok, now for your question...the last time I had a bubble bath was when I was just a li'l kid. I'm a shower kinda of gal, that's where most of my ideas come to me! ;)

joni h said...

This image is soo cute! Your tiles are amazing! It even looks like there's steam in the bathroom. Awesome!!
I took me a "bubbly" just last week with DD2! It was cherry scented and boy, was it fun! I was wrinkled like a prune! You should see the bottles that the bubbles come in...they are too cute! (Hello Kitty, Dora, Cars, etc...of course, we used Scooby Doo..our fav character)!

Juls said...

so gorgeous!! Love the glittery bubblebath! Hugs Juls

Jenny V. said...

Hi Shirley. Aww she so adorable relaxing in that tub, wish I was doing that right now. I love all that details in your card. Great job! Well let me remember it was when I had my son, 2 weeks after I gave birth. My family decided to rent out a beach house in Haleiwa since we had our relatives here during spring break. Since my cousin is an architect, he told us about the beach house that he had work on. Well the beach house was huge with a swimming pool,exercise/ game room, jacuzzi and wow 8 bedroom 4 of them was a masterbedroom with a huge bathtub. Well of course after child birth I was still in pain for couple of weeks and I just wanted to relax so I filled the tub with water and soap and sat in that tub for hours and listening to some soft music. My hubby just got done kayaking with my brothers. Of course he had to join me since he went to the bedroom and saw me there. He ruin my me time. LOL. Well brings back memories and can't wait to do a family getaway. Hopefully soon, I need a break. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word Shirley!! How precious this is!! I just ADORE those tiny bubbles behind her!! What a VERY clever set up and I adore every bit of it!! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight!!! HUGS

Risa said...

Shirley your card is so darn cute!!! The tile effects are amazing and your image and bubbles are fabulous!
In answer to your question, I am such a slave to showers that I can't remember my last bubble bath either.
hugs
Risa:)

Jo Nevill said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Shirley, very clever indeed and I love all the details you have included.

Last time I had a bubble bath ? Probably last year sometime after a hard day gardening. I hate baths, always have but I do like to have a quickie when my muscles ache !!!

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Denise said...

WOW, the details are absolutely awesome! That is my favorite saying after a long day. You are so amzing & talented. One very pretty card.
Hugs,
Denise

CHARLOTTE said...

Oh, Shirley, look at all of the details - love your card - the tile, soap, bathcloth - you thought of everything! I probably was younger than 7 when I last had a bubblebath.

1LuvnMama said...

OMGosh! Yes, I can't believe you asked that question LOL!!! I take a shower . . . the bathtub is for the kids! I don't know when the last time was but I'm guessing as a kid. And . . . by myself! :) hee, hee!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Haha! Love it! Hmmm...the last time I took a bubble bath was probably like 3 years ago, and yes I was alone (thank heavens), lol! Love your cute little card too!

Hugs,
Michelle

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh what a CUTIE!!

Darlene said...

OMGosh ... this is so cute!! Love the BUBBLES!! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!! How much fun is it that you've turned this into a candy winnings!! Great idea ... you should receive some very interesting answers! LOL!

Kat said...

Really sweet. I love how you created this little scene. Thanks for joining us at TG.

I know I haven't had a bubble bath for more than five and a half years cos I haven't had one in this house!

Kat x

Brenda said...

OMG! I can't believe you added in "and who was it with!" Well, I think the last time I took a bubble bath was a few years ago (no time for relaxing now) and it was definitely alone... hehehe! Isn't it funny how you just want to relax in the tub and then all of a sudden everyone keeps knocking on the door? That's the only time they really need us!

Joy said...

this is a wonderful card! love that the card seems like it's a real life photo! you did so much detail and I love it! the slippers, the bubbles and all that other good stuff! I should check out the other blog to see her creations. if they are as awesome as yours...then it's definitely worth taking a look at. thanks. hey, just thought of taking a bubble bath last night! but was too tired to go through the work. my daughter usually takes one every week!

Sue from Oregon said...

Your cards are blowing me away! This is just outstanding! Bubble Bath???what's that...the last time may have been when my girls were little and they are 32 and 29 now!...many moons ago!

Ilissa said...

Such a cute card! Looks like alot of work. TFS!!

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Shirley, great work with the bathroom scene and sweet image.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

aaaahhhh Shirley, this is adorable! awesome details and design! Oh, I have the cutest picture of my sister and I in the tub as kids but I don't think we got bubbles back then! lol I wanted to tell you too, that I put a tutorial on my blog on how to add the subscribe via email box on a blog...hint, hint...lol
Pam Going Postal

Debs said...

Fabulous card...erm..bubble bath?!..probably xmas..and i'd have been in the actual bath alone but being a mum of two i wouldnt have had a minutes peace...lol....thanks for playing along at TG this week…Debs

craftymum said...

Fantastic card Shirley!!!
Thanks for joining us at TG
I have a bubble bath almost every night. It's "my" time. peace and quiet and if I could find a way to craft in the bath I would!!!!!!
Love sarah W XXX

Kit said...

such a beautifully cute card love the little slippers :o)

Cyndi said...

super cute card! so adorable and everything looks so real!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Shirley!! I just love the tiles and all the bubbles!! Too cute!! Awesome take on the slick challenge at Sat. Spotlight.

In answer to your question....I can't remember the last time I have taken a bubble bath...The bubble bath reacts to my skin.

hugs,
Chris

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

ADORABLE!! Love this little slippers, hanging towel and all those luscious bubbles. I say "Calgon Take Me Away" all the time at my house - that or Oy Vey and I'm not Jewish LOL

Unknown said...

Your card is amazing! Love all the details, great job. The last time I took a bubble bath was like 4 months ago and I was alone.

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

This card is too cute! Luv the tiles and bubbles.

xoxo,
Lori

Unknown said...

great card, brill tutorial as well thanks for sharing that. Love the bubbles !!! thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Im a bath a day person, alone full to the brink with lots of next Pink bubbles, sorry to say im alone in my bath !!x

Jessica G. said...

Awesome card! All your 3-D embellies are perfect for the theme and make this a stunning card. Thanks for playing in this week's Saturday Spotlight challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Shirley!! Congrats to you!! This card has been spotlighted this week on the Saturday Spotlight challenge!! :) Please stop by to collect your blinkie badge!!HUGS

Julie Riley said...

Gorgeous card, love the image. Sunday morning is my bath time !! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x

Tara Godfrey said...

This is absolutely adorable, Shirley! I love what you have done here and perfect timing for me to see it...we just had our shower updated and I am so happy with the job the Co. did I'm going to send them a card and this PI image is just perfect...thanks for the inspiration and ideas! Well, I actually had a bubble bath about 2 or 3 weeks ago and I was totally alone,lol, that was the point to get away from it all (aka kids),he he he! But I can't wait to take my first shower in my new white sparkly shower stall but my daughter called it first,lol!
Hugs,t