Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


Hello!  I'm so glad you stopped by.  This may be my only chance to wish you all a Happy Mother's Day!   With my nephew's wedding coming up this weekend and a trip scheduled shortly thereafter, I'll probably not have a chance to post again or do much blog hopping for a couple of weeks.
   
I made this Mother's Day card for my MIL.  In making this, I was able to accomplish two things that I've been meaning to try from  my "to do list"--the lattice weave, as seen on the Amazing Paper Grace (you can find the tutorial here) and a digital butterfly, as seen on Jennifer Mcguire Ink (you can find the tutorials here and here).    Thank you Becca and Jennifer, these were fun to do!

The challenges:
By the Cute and Girly, May - Celebrations
Sir Stampalot Challenge, May Challenge - Butterflies and Blossoms 


My card was made today but this box was made several weeks ago.  It was not intended to go with the card as a set (as you can tell by the different DPs I used), but I guess it could be given together since the colors are similar.   I initially made it as a suggestion to use as a wedding-shower favor.
  
My sister liked it so we made these in this color for the shower, held this past Saturday.  The boxes were filled with bath and beauty products and everyone loved them.  It took us (my 2 sisters and I) 3 days to make them but we had fun doing it.  I always enjoy getting together with them to craft and talk story.
 
This is the (letter-size) gift "card" holder that my sister Jane and I made for our shower gift.   Jane made the dress and I made the box.  I used the nugget box template (found here) but had to alter the size to make it a little longer.   Jane CASEd the dress freehand from a card that I have, so I don't have a pattern to share with you, sorry.  
Thanks for staying with me through this long post.  Again, to all you mothers, Happy Mother's Day!  Until later, take care!

42 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

All of your projects are gorgeous!! I love the weaved background!

debby4000 said...

Oh what gorgeous creations.
luv
Debby

Michelle Alejandro said...

Shirley these are amazing! You mil will love it! Wow, wow, WOW!

Hugs,
Michelle

brenda said...

Hi Shirley

What fabulous boxes and the first card is just amazing.

Such wonderful intricate work with the ribbon and lattice, a truly inspirational piece.I shall be popping back again to take a closer look at how it all goes together.

Thank you for joining us at Stampalot and By the Cute and Girly challenges this month and good luck.

B x

Unknown said...

So beautiful card & projects! TFS

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi SHirley, BEAUTIFUL STUNNING projects!!!!!!!
You always inspire me!!! Love the beautiful butterfly card and that wedding gown is to die for sweetie...
Have a great day!!
hugs, Janiel

Lisa Jane said...

what gorgeous creations- i love the lacing technique.
The little dress is exquisite too.
Thanks for joining us at BTC&G this month
Lisa ;)

kris said...

Really love the first card!! that ribbon weaving is amazing!! but you've got a wonderful assortment of beuatiful and elegant creations!! Fantastic job on these!

pinky said...

Oh my goodness Shirley I love all the lovely work you have displayed. The weaving in your card is just gorgeous and really sets the blossoms and butterfly off so well. Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Juls said...

gorgeous collection of cards!! Love the dress one..its just gorgeous! Hugs Juls

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow ,wow,wow Shirley these are the most amazing creation I love the boxes I can't wait to have ago at making one and that card for your mother in law is one of the most besutiful creations i have seen it must have taken you ages but the finished card is stunning.

thank you so much for joining us at Sir Stampalot
Hugs
Lorraine x

Cheryl said...

Wow! Beautiful work!!! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Brenda said...

All I can say is OMG! You are amazing! And so are your sisters! Those are beautiful cards and boxes! I'm sure the recipients will treasure them forever! Have a great time at the wedding and wishing you a safe trip! Take care!

Danni said...

These are all so gorgeous!! I just love the first one!

donna mikasa said...

What a gorgeous card for your MIL! Love your digi butterfly--hoping to see more! The boxes are adorable and that shower card with the gown--amazing! You and your sisters are so creative!

Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day! Hugs!

1LuvnMama said...

OMGosh Shirley!
Wow, wow, wow! I luv that favor box and the work that you and your sisters put into it? Just gorgeous! I can't believe the lacing with ribbon that you did on these and they are simply wonderful! Wishing you a safe trip and a wonderful time spent with family! :) I'll miss you and your posts so hurry on back okay!

Elise said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!! Gasping for air! Wowee Shirley!!!! These are GORGEOUS!!! So in between watching your Korean dramas you have time to whip these up huh?! lol!!!! Oh my goodness!!! I am just ... speechless!!! You and your sister did a FABULOUS job on everything!!! I can't say enough about this ... just can't find all the words to write! Such elegance and class ... a true crafter!

I'm going to miss you while you are on your little trip! Vegas maybe? lol!!! I do hope you have a lot of fun on your little vacation .. wherever you go! :) I'll miss you tons!

Love,
Elise

Teri said...

Wow Shirley! What a fabulous card for your MIL!! The box is so pretty too! Thanks for sharing!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh all so BEAUTIFUL!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

So beautiful Shirley! So much eye candy on your card and box!! I hope you have a good time away! You will be missed! Stay safe!
hugs,
Chris

Joy said...

OMG Shirley, soooooo beautiful! I have to try this one out! You are such an inspiration to me,your creations make me want to continue crafting even when i have no creativity in me. Love all of it!!!!

Hugs,
Joy

Joy said...

OM goodness! that is so amazing! love your card! that is so amazing that weave you did. love that box too! need to teach us =) I love the wedding shower card too. you and your sister were on a roll! fabulous! have a wonderful time at the wedding and be safe on your trip! take care.

chris said...

Oh my goodness me you have been so so busy.
love all of your work.
lots of hugs chris xx

thanks for joining in the sir stampalot challenge

Risa said...

WoW...Your card and creations are stunning Shirley! I love the card you made for your MIL and the decorated boxes are stunning!!!! I see that talent runs in your family, your sister's card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing and have a beautiful day and a beautiful Mother's Day weekend!
hugs
Risa:)

CHARLOTTE said...

Wow, Shirley, you've been busy but I guess it's good busy. Love all of your creations and your recipients will be so happy to receive them. Happy early Mother's Day and enjoy the wedding and have a safe trip. You are truly inspirational.

Anonymous said...

Shirley, a beautiful Mother's Day card! I'm with you, it's hard to keep up with Jennifer! lol So creative! The wedding card is stunning! I'm gonna have to remember this! Thanks for sharing and enjoy the wedding and trip!
Pam Going Postal

Sally H said...

Wow! So beautiful! Love the ribbon lattice. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot and good luck!

Jodi said...

Shirley this is nothing short of AMAZING!! They are all gorgeous projects!! Wonderful work!
Have a great Mother's Day Weekend!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Tracy said...

I love that butterfly and the lattice work too. Thanks for joining the Sir Stampalot challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Oh wow! beatiful creations! the cards and the boxes, it`s all just so pretty and girly, stunning!
Thanks for joining us over at BTC&G and good luck on the prize draw! x

Cathy Y. said...

Wow, your lattice work is amazing on your card and the boxes! Your shower card came out so elegant too. So good to have a sister that shares your hobby! Great job!

Cyndi said...

Wow almost projects and cards! You really got that lace thing going! So awesome! Have a wonderful Mother's day and enjoy your trip!

Alice said...

gorgeous project!! so beautiful and elegant! Happy Mother's Day to you!! =)

Denise said...

Absolutely Beautiful & Elegant creations! WOW, you are one very Talented lady.
Hugs,
Denise

Jenny V. said...

Wow Shirley, I love this technique something I definitely need to try it. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

Francesca said...

What a gorgeous creation, Thanks for joining us at sir stampalot this month and good luck
Hugs
Francesca

Amy said...

Amazing cards and projects Shirley, you've been quite the busy bee! :)
Happy Mother's Day to you too and have fun on your upcoming trip!

Waipahu CBDO dba Waipahu Community Coalition said...

amazing projects Shirley- your recipients must be very happy. I love the weave effect on the card! Have a great Mother's Day!

Islander Girl said...

Wow! Those are awesome! That takes a lot of time!! You are just so stikin' talented!!!

Happy Honu said...

There are no words that can describe your work that come even close to expressing how talented you are. Your creations are beautiful. I love that dress on the card (done by your sister), the weaving on the box and the card, just everything...thanks for sharing Shirley =), Myra

PinksyDoodles said...

Your card is beautiful. I adore the weaving.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Tammi said...

WOW! These are AMAZING! Beautiful creations, love that ribbon weave, I think I'll have to try that! Thanks for that link. :)