Thursday, May 20, 2010

Has anyone seen my mojo?

I think I lost it again...

Two things invariably happens when I come home from a trip:   1. I come home with a cold and   2. I lose my mojo.  I'm feeling a lot better now (thanks everyone for your well wishes!) but I just don't feel like creating anything!  What I have to share with you today are some Mother's Day cards that I made before my nephew's beautiful wedding and our trip to Vegas.  I haven't made anything since.  



These doilies were clear embossed on white card stock, sponged with distress inks and cut out with the Nestabilities dye.  The digital butterflies were printed on DP.



This is another version of the card I posted several weeks ago,  just with different colors and DP.

I am sure that as I visit you and see your beautiful creations, I will soon be inspired to jump right back in.  Maybe finding a good card challenge will give me the push that I need, you think?
The recipe:
Stamps:  Hero Arts Clings Circle Doily; Hero Arts Digital Butterfly; Whiff of Joy Sentiment
Tools:   Spellbinders Scalloped Edge Frame;  Nestabilities Scalloped Circles and Ovals, leaf punch
Ink:   Copic Markers, Distress Inks
Other:  Pearls, rhinestones, pop dots, ribbon, Prima flower

Thanks for visiting!


22 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Oh, Shirley....I can empathize with you. We've all lost our mojo at one time or another. The best thing to do is to visit your blog from the beginning and you're sure to get re-inspired and you'll be playing with your stamps again! Take it easy! (I see a familiar card!)

Alice said...

i think you will have no trouble finding your mojo! just look at your gorgeous cards!! wow! they are so pretty! i love them all! =)

Unknown said...

Glad you are feeling better! Your cards are so beautiful! TFS :)

Anonymous said...

have to chuckle at you Shirley! maybe it flew off w/these pretty butterflies! Don't be too hard on yourself...you'll see something and be off creating in no time at all! take care!
Pam Going Postal

Tammi said...

What lovely cards Shirley, so elegant! Have a wonderful weekend. ~hugs

Joy said...

these are such pretty cards! I love what you did with the doily and those butterflies are so lovely! you made some wonderful cards before you left. don't worry...you'll get your mojo back...sometimes it just takes some rest and relaxation before you can start again. have a wonderful weekend!

Islander Girl said...

These are beautiful! I may have to buy those stamps! Been seeing them everywhere and they look so elegant!!! Love the cards and I hope you feel better and get your mojo back! I know how it is!

Aloha!

Jodi said...

Well, I don't think you lost your mojo at all!! These are just beautiful!! Go rest and get better fast!! Take care!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Brenda said...

I love all the cards you created for mother's day... especially mines! As for your mojo, I think you shipped it over to me with your card... LOL! I guess I have to send back your mojo, huh? Have a great weekend! I'm sure you'll be ready to create something soon! Take care!

1LuvnMama said...

Shirley,
You could never lose your mojo. You create such wonderful works of art that I admire so much! Luv that laced up card! {wink, wink} I sure hope you get better soon; being sick is the worst! Have a great weekend and looking forward to seeing you post something GREAT!

Elise said...

Shirley, these MOther's Day cards that you've created are truly STUNNING!!! You put so much love and care into each card and they just *sing* Beautiful!!!

As for your Mojo ... hmmmm. You know, sometimes I just don't feel like doing crafting things either ... but yet I'm thinking about it all day?!!! What's up with that? It doesn't make sense I know ... lol ... but I guess I get stumped too and I just confuse myself even more. Sooooooo, I either go blog hopping, orrrrrr ... I sit on the floor and just sift through my papers and flowers. LOL ... I know ... but I've found that looking at my papers and flowers makes me feel like, "Man, these are pretty! I want to use them!" And slowly, I feel like wanting to pick up my craft things again.

I know you'll soon get your Mojo back! :)

Love,
Elise

Danni said...

Relax, feel better and I'm sure your mojo will return!
These are all just GORGEOUS and STUNNING! Love them all!

Teri said...

I think the mojo ever left - what beautiful cards you made here! You are a true inspiration to me Shirley, I love all of the beautiful work you do!

Cyndi said...

you definitely didn't lose your mojo! i did! you always make beautiful and unique creations! love those cards!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Ha Shirley, we are in the same boat, lol! These cards are wonderful and glad that you are feeling better! I don't think you lost your mojo, it is just taking a little break, like me!

Hugs,
Michelle

Amy said...

Awesome cards, Shirley, so elegant and beautiful!
I'm glad you're feeling better and nothing wrong with taking a little break. Soon a challenge or stamp is going to instantly give you an idea that you will have to sit down to create it!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are so elegant and beautiful Shirley!! I love each and every one of them!! I am glad you are feeling better!! I hope you feel up to crafting soon. I am sure a break is good for all of us.
hugs,
Chris

Lavender and old lace said...

what a beautiful card I love the lattice weaving just awesome Dorothy xx

Debbie said...

Shirley your cards are all gorgeous. So Glad to hear you are feeling better now..I think we all loose our Mojo from time to time...I am sure you will be back crafting up a stoem really soon.
Hugs
Debbie x

Denimo said...

Hi Shirley. I love ALL your cards posted today. They are beautiful!!! And thanks for the kind words about my kiddos. It means aLOT, believe me!!

Lynn said...

I have a doily stamp and haven't tried it yet. After seeing your gorgeous card I am inspired to use it. I know what it is to have the tired traveler crafting blues. Try crafting a bunch of stuff and writing your blogs before you go on a trip and then posting them once you get home. You can even schedule your blogs to post while you are traveling. Even if we have to wait for your mojo to return, it's worth it to be patient and see what you've created.

Lorraine A said...

these are all gorgeous cards Shirley :-) I am sure your mojo will come back soon :-) we all have times like this when nothing seems to work and spend hours getting nowhere, but it will switch back on :-)

Luv
Lols x x x