Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Born to Shop

My inspiration for this card came from a picture of a teddy bear that I have on my refrigerator door--I especially liked the cute sentiment on the bear's apron.    That sentiment inspired me to make this swing (flip flop) card with my new Tilda Goes Shopping stamp.   This is what's on the flip side of Tilda when the card is opened...


 



   "my sentiments exactly!"  lol


...what inspired me (don't remember where I got this, think this was a page from a desk calendar years ago).    
If you're interested in making a flip flop card, you can find the tutorial/video here at Splitcoast Stampers.

The challenges:
Copic Creations, Challenge 35 - Shading on & Around Images
Charisma Cardz Challenges, #38 - Anything Goes!
Simon Says Stamp and Show Your Distressed/Sanded Projects
Sentimental Sundays, #22 - Let's See Some Dimension

The recipe:
Stamps:  Magnolia; Hero Arts Row of Houses
Paper:  Stampin' Up!
Ink:  Memento, Copic Markers, Distressed Ink
Other:  Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Die Vintage, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, buttons, ribbon, pearls, pop dots, Glossy Accents, glitter

  Thanks for looking and have a great day!

32 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley! Awesome card. Love both images. Thanks for sharing :)

Doreen said...

One card two images what a fabulous Idea, and you have coloured the images beautifully.Thanks for sharing this with us at Ooh La La this week.xxx

Wendi said...

What a fabulous card and how very creative your colouring is beautifully done and the papers so pretty
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Anonymous said...

Another beauty Shirley! Love, love, LOVE it! Gorgeous coloring and designing and love the creativity in the flip card! Awesome!!!
Pam Going Postal

Elise said...

Holy crap!!!! Shirley! I saw the front and I thought, "Oh, this is stunning!" Then I saw the rest of it and thought, "Holy moly!!!!!" Wow! Simply FABULOUS!!!! Blown away! :) I loooove it!

Hugs,
Elise

Cyndi said...

beautiful card! so creative too! love how you got the inspiration!

Gem said...

a really lovely card Shirley, love how you have used the two images! Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

Faye said...

What wonderful cards, they're gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Charisma. xx

Joy said...

Shirley!

What a really cute card and such a funny sentiment! So true!
I really like the Tilda, her outfit looks like someting from the late '60s or early '70's like she could be heading for the Sunhine Crater festival in Diamond Head. I went as a little kid with my older sister. Gotta get this stamp. But I'm not sure I could color her as good as you did!
Really love your card, TFS!

Joy said...

Shirley! you blow me away with your awesome creations! I love this card. you did a great job on the flip flop and that is so cute! the sentiment and the images! they are darling! perfectly colored and this is so fabulous! keep them coming! have a great week!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Beautiful approach to this week's dimension challenge, gorgeous papers and very funny sentiments! I love the images, beautifully coloured ;) Thank you for joining us at the Sentimental Sundays ;-)

Jodi said...

This is so cute and fun!! I love the swinging card too!! I have to agree with that sentiment... but,I'm really lucky that my hubby loves to cook! =)
Hugs
Jodi =)

Brenda said...

another great creation shirley! i was just wondering about you and then... poof! i see your post! hehehe! i need to try making a swing card! thanks for the link!

Sue from Oregon said...

Boy was this card meant to be! Gave me a good chuckle with that surprise opening sentiment...just too cute!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Stunning Shirley! I so love your images and sentiment!! I have to try one of these type folds. Gorgeous work!

Islander Girl said...

Oh my, this is AWESOME!!! Love the sentiment! What a gifted lady you are (^o^)

Arlene Chow said...

Another beautiful card! I don't know how you come up these creative ideas. You are truly the best.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, this is just darling. What a chuckle I got out of it when I saw the inside! Fabulous layout and design and really awesome work with the images. Terrific job on the distress challenge. So happy you were able to join in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Shirley.
luv
Debby

CHARLOTTE said...

You found the perfect sentiment for this card, Shirley. We are definitely casing your card for our next outing but gotta follow the tutorial first. TFS.

Denise said...

WOW, these are so Beautiful!!! Love the Magnolia's, they are so sweet. You did an awesome job with the layouts too!
Hugs,
Denise

Amy said...

LOL! Love this card Shirley, it's very clever and creative! Your coloring is amazing and has brought the Tilda's to life! That row of buildings behind li'l miss shopper is a genius touch! Fabulous!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Golly what a cute card! I love both of the images and you colored them beautifully. Thanks so much for joining our Copic Creations Shading challenge.

Alice said...

your coloring is amazing, girl! wow! beautiful card! love love love it!

Lynne Forsythe said...

TOOOOOO funny!!! and so the truth. BTW...the card is pretty amazing too!

thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

Lilian said...

Super cute card Shirley! Might have to case it someday! ;) Happy weekend!

Juls said...

such a fabulous and creative card! LOVE IT!!! Hugs Juls

Jeanette said...

This is amazing Shirley! What a fantastic card. I love this fold. i am going to have to try and give it a go sometime! I especially love the sentiments. Too funny!
Have a great day!
Hugs Jeanette xx

Carol said...

What a clever card.
Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La.
Carol
xx

Annika said...

This is incredibly cute image! But above all it's the most fab colouring and BEAUTIFUL design - you're a true inspiration! Love the idea and that fun sentiment - way to go!
Hugs
Annika

Kathy said...

Hi Shirley,
You are so darn talented. This card is soooo amazing and so much work. All of your efforts shine and this is to amazing to give away! Your coloring is super fantastic!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Jenny V. said...

Hi Shirley! Beautiful card, love the sentiment. TFS!