I was going to be lazy and just make simple goodie bags with Halloween tags for my grandsons but after seeing Michele's adorable milk carton Halloween houses yesterday, I was inspired to make one too. Thanks Michele, you come up with the cutest creations!
Here's another view of the house. I don't know if you can see the light shining through the vellum window--I think you can see a little more in the photo above--but there's a tea light inside that lights up the house.
My project is totally made out of spooky stickers, no cutsy colored images here, lol, they're boys after all. And instead of candies, I decided to give the boys iTunes gift cards--they love those! I altered the house so it would be tall enough to hold a gift card and I made a slot on the easel/side step card to hold a gift card as well.
The haunted house on the easel card is a freebie from the Quilling Patch. Sue used it on her card and shared this bit of information on her blog today. Your card is so adorable Sue, TFS!
Since I took a little more time making these things than I would have if I had just wrapped some candies in a bag, I'm hoping the boys would at least take a lingering look at my "GC holders" and not just grab the gift cards and toss these aside. Is that too much for grandma to ask you think? What if I gave them a little hint?
With my luck they won't even look underneath, LOL!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a Happy and safe Halloween!
19 comments:
wow! absolutely fabulous project, Shirley!!!! LOOOOOOOOVE the milk carton haunted house. just too fun. and the details on the easel are amazing! love love love this! have a fabulous Halloween! =)
WOW!!! Amazing Shirley!!! Totally LOVE the outcome of your special treats! OH MY!! LOVE the stamp underneath!! i might have to invest in one so i can stamp everything on my desk, so DH doesn't throw it away, LOL! TFS a FABULOUS project! Happy Halloween!
Oh my is this fun!! Great job!
OMG goodness! I love it!!! I know what you mean about boys and kids just taking the goodies and not appreciating the packaging. But how could you not love the Haunted house and card? I'm very impress!!! So talented!
OMG, that post from "Capt" is from me. DH was signed on on my computer...ok...just letting you know! LOL!
Happy Halloween Shirley!! OMG I LOVE your haunted house and how you added windows and a tea light! And I like how you made the door open up with Dracula peeking behind it...too cute!! Your card is awesome too!!! It's so great how you added a slot for the gift card!! Your grandsons are so lucky to have such a talented Grandma!! :-)
These are just too cute Shirley! I've got to believe that even boys wouldn't want to toss them aside! But I do love your 'just in case' stamp on the bottom! LOL! Have a wonderfully Halloween! :)
wow! that house and card is amazing! and your little "hint" is way too cute! i hope you have a happy halloween! take care!
What a fun Grandma you are! Love both of your projects--the gift card easel holder is quite awesome! I'm sure they'll appreciate everything, inside and out! Happy Halloween!
OMGOSH SHIRLEY! Do you hear me screaming that? These 2 projects are amazing and I know how much time you put into making them. That stamp at the bottom of the house had better work because I'll be too upset if it got thrown away! Luv, luv, luv it! Wishing you a Happy Halloween!
Such amazing Halloween projects, Shirley! You blow me away! Luv that cute little note on the bottom of your house too! Too funny!
Tammy
OMG - your grandsons are so lucky you made this for them - so so creative!
Amazing Halloween creations Shirley, fabulous work.
luv
Debby
Wow what a great house and card you made for your grandson, lucky him. I wouldn't want him to throw it away. If he doesn't want it tell him to give it to me LOL. I'm sure he knows how hard you work on it. I'm sure he'll appreciate it. Hope you had a great Halloween.
FABULOUS Shirley! Awesome grandma you are! iTunes is a great gift card idea! doesn't rot any teeth! lol WOW! this is awesome!
Pam Going Postal
wow very beautiful projects for halloween! so creative! hope you had a nice halloween!
Wow wee - amazing Halloween projects, you are a star!!!!
Oh my gosh...I am so far behind on my google reader, so just showing up a little late LOL! I can not stop looking at all your wonderful creations. They BETTER NOT throw them away Grandma! I just keep looking at all the great details you have added...so very very creative! Thanks for the shout out too! It is a fun house...what do you think about making it a candy cane lane house next LOL!?
OMG!! Shirley this is just fantastic!! I LOVE this!! I would LOVE to be the recipient... lucky grandson! LOL!!! Amazing and very inspiring!
Hugs
Jodi =)
Post a Comment