A week ago I received an email from Elise, a very dear and cherished blogging friend, with the most devastating news--she was diagnosed with having breast cancer after accidentally finding a lump while showering. A day later, she wrote on her blog that after some debate she decided to share her news in hopes of spreading awareness (you can read her posts here). She said, "cancer sucks". It has latched on to the sweetest and loveliest young woman with the biggest heart. Yes, cancer SUCKS!
Elise's story, and the fact that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, is a good time for us to remind ourselves to get our checkups at regular intervals, schedule annual mammograms, do monthly breast self exams and to be aware of any warning signs.
Please visit Elise's blog and give her your love and support and please keep her in your prayers.
Elise, you will beat this!
The above digital image from Whimsie Doodles is called "Hope Fights"
I asked and received permission from Whimsie Doodles to alter their image.
Thanks Melyssa!
Thanks for stopping by and let's all spread breast cancer awareness.
15 comments:
such a brilliant card!! and for a good cause too! Hugs Juls
such a beautiful card for such a great cause. love it, Shirley. =)
so cute Shirley! Her hair reminds me of a Magnolia Tilda!
Love how you did the ovals behind her and the beautiful rose.
Pam Going Postal
Sweet!
You're right, Pam! That is Tilda's hair! :)
Aww, Shirley this is a beautiful card! I'll add her to my prayers. ~hugs
that is such a wonderful card for a wonderful person! i know that will put a smile on her face! like i told her already, i am so glad that she was strong enough to share her story with us. both you and elise are spreading awareness to us all about such a horrible disease and for that i thank you both!
Sorry to hear the news about your friend. Yes, she will beat this!
Your card is beautiful in all the right ways!
Fight on!
Thank you Shirley for sharing this beautiful card with us! I'll be visiting Elise's blog to send her my prayers.
I think more and more we all are faced with knowing someone who is battling this awful disease . . . but more and more, we are beating it and the support system of family and friends help to make going through this process a bit easier. You are a great friend and luv how you altered her hair!
very cute card! aww...that's sad news...but yes, she will beat it!!
this is so sweet! I do love how you altered this one! she is so cute and I do love it that it's for a wonderful cause. I hope we find a cure for cancer period! love the pretty card and it's so sweet of you to do this for a friend. take care and have a great Tuesday!
Very lovely card Shirley, and for a very good cause. I love how you altered this image and used Tilda's hair...very nicely done. Elise will treasure this card, and I know she will beat this horrible disease! Hugs, Cami
I met Elise a couple weeks ago when I participated in the Bells N. Whistles blog hop. I won her candy and stopped by to let her know that I received my gift etc. I was drawn to tears when I read her news, it really upset me but I know she will overcome it!
At any rate, your card is beautiful! I love your design paper and sweet image!
hugs
Risa:)
This is so beautiful and the altering you did to personalize it is amazing, Shirley! My Grandma has just recently gone through this and is doing awesome, I'll be praying for Elise to too!
Beautiful card, Shirley! Perfect altering, too. My mom is a breast cancer survivor and I know the importance of yearly checkups. I know Elise will beat this, too!
Post a Comment