Thursday, December 9, 2010

Let It Snow!


Have you ever experienced a moment like this--being outdoors when it's snowing, trying to catch a snowflake?   My first time, I'm sure I had this same pose and was just as happy as Snowbaby!

This will be a short post, as I have a Christmas tree that needs decorating, etc, etc, etc.  I'm sure you're all saying the same thing and won't care to read about anything else I have to say anyway, lol!

Challenges entered:
B 'n W Challenge Blog - Glitter it Up
7 Kids College Fund Blog - Winter Wonderland
City Crafter Challenge Blog - #34, Let it Snow!
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Red & Green Must NOT be Seen
Simon Says Stamp!  - Christmas! BUT....NO red or green!!!
The Cuttlebug Spot - Christmas using Fav Embossing Technique

The recipe:
Stamp:  Belles 'n Whistles, Catch-a-flake Snowbaby and sentiment
Paper:  Magnolia, Something Old, Something New
Ink:  Copic Markers, Memento
Other:  Cuttlebug Emboss Winter House, Nestabilities Create a Flake, pearl brads, rhinestone stickers, Diamond Stickles, pop dots, Making Memories white paint

Take care everyone, hope no one's stressing out just yet.  And, thanks for stopping by even though you're busy, busy, busy!!!

30 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful and cute! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Jodi said...

Shirley, she sure looks happy catching snowflakes and I love doing this too!! Very pretty winter scene, have fun decorating your tree!! Thanks for joining us our at Belles n' Whistles challenge!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Unknown said...

Such a darling card! Thanks for sharing :)

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Shirley.
luv
Debby

1LuvnMama said...

Hey Shirley! I luv the scene that you created for this Snowbaby . . . reminds me of my first time experiencing snow. Let's just say that I was thrilled and took lots of pictures of snow on the side of the street exiting the airport in Utah many, many years ago. I spent my whole trip in Utah skiing, sledding, snowmobiling . . . so funny! :)
Anyway, just luv the non Christmas colors & dropping in to say hi!

debby4000 said...

Just popping back to say thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the soft colours and the embossed detail is just brilliant! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Shirley, this is sooo precious!! I love how you've made the fun scenery behind her!! The glittery snowflakes are perfect!! :) Thanks so much for joining us at Belles 'n Whistles challenges!! Hope to see you again with your gorgeous work!!HUGS

jojoscraps said...

Everything about your card is fun and frosty. The blues look great and the embellies are perfect.

Elise said...

Hi Shirley! You're so funny! I DO care what you have to say!! LOL! Well, you've created an ABSOLUTELY STUNNING card! And your background is truly BREATHTAKING my dear! Wow wow wow! I love it! And I can just imagine you trying to catch a snowflake with your tongue! LOL! I'd be right there beside you trying to do the same thing! We could look like little dorks together! hehe! :)

Love ya!
Elise

Elise said...

Oooops! Forgot to tell you! Thank you so much for joining us at BnW!!!

Love,
Elise

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Shirley :-) I love this image and the embossing is fabulous ,, I never saw that folder before ,,, definitely NEED that one !! perfect :-)

thanks for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Ros said...

Beautiful card ... lovely colours and very beautifully done ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

Anonymous said...

adorable creation Shirley! Love how you used the embossed scene behind her! She's so cute and wonderfully designed around!
Pam Going Postal

Amy said...

She's so cute and I love the embossed scene behind her and all the added snowflakes! Wonderful wintery colors, makes me shiver a bit just looking at your card! ;)
I remember catching snowflakes on my tongue every year...much safer then getting it off the ground! :)

Alice said...

wow! this is gorgeous, Shirley! beautiful coloring and the colors you used are so elegant. love love love this!

Tammi said...

Yes, I do that every winter, can't resist, lol! I love her against the embossed winter background, just perfect...beautiful Shirley! ~hugs

Lynn said...

I haven't seen snow falling for a long time, but I think you caught the excitement of the event perfectly in your card. It's amazing how you used very little color but your card really seems alive....that's talent! Bless you for sharing your artistic eye with all of us.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Such a lovely card...with all the texture and dimension you can almost feel the joy in this little girl's expression! Awesome job.

maribeth27 said...

Hi Shirley!
I love your card! The embossed winter backgraoud is fantastic! And your image is soo cute! TFS!!!
P.S.
About the 12 Days of X-mas card I made... I would love to share my recipe to you!
And thank you for your sweet comments on my blog! xoxo :D

cnelson said...

So fun and fabulous! LOVE it!! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Cyndi said...

this card is so beautiful! i'll probably look like that since i have not seen real snow yet! :( but i saw fake snow in disneyland! haha.

Joy said...

what a sweet and lovely card. so much fun to look at and I wish I had a chance to do that. I only got to see snow once and it wasn't snowing =( hopefully one day I can take my daughter to see snow and really enjoy all it has to offer! love the little girl, you colored her so beautifully and I do love the colors. have a wonderful and joyous week!

Sue from Oregon said...

So very sweet...love how you used the CB folder for the background!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Shirley!! It took me a week to get to your blog, but it was so worth it! Love, love, love your card! Those Snowbabies are just the cutest! Love the C'bug background and all the glittery & snowy goodness!

Larissa said...

Sucha sweet card! Love the image and your colouring is fabulous.

Hugs,
Larissa

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Shirley! Love the embossed BG and the 3D snowflakes :)

Scrappinangler said...

Beautiful snowy scene! Great job on this 7 Kids challenge!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card!!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Shirley! Me again--thanking you for this gorgeous creation!! How could you part with it? It's even more beautiful in person--thank you!!
A parcel is on its way to Mililani.....Happy Holidays to you and yours.