Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bear Hugs


Hello and happy hump day to you!  Bet you're all looking forward to the long 3-day weekend!

I decided to step out of my boundaries today and try something different (thanks Elise, you inspired me with your gorgeous vintage card!).  I'm not sure if I achieved the vintage/shabby chic look on my tag, but at the very least I was happy that I used some of my old stash in the process, which would be the fibers and K&Co Grand Adhesions Teddy Friends.  

My DPs (also from my old stash) are Karen Foster and Daisy D's.  The edges were distressed with Tim Holtz's Paper Distresser and Antique Linen Distress Ink.  I made the flower at the top with the Die-namics Rolled Flower Die and my beautiful seam binding ribbon was dyed by Donna (thanks again Donna, I love your ribbons!).

The challenges I'm entering:
Simon Says...Make Your Own Embellishment! (my flower)
A Spoonfull of Sugar, #139 - Anything but a Card
Cupcake Craft Challenges, #129 - I heart You
Creative Inspirations, #53 -  Distress

Hope you are having a great week.  Thanks for dropping by!

31 comments:

Alice said...

gorgeous shabby/vintage tag, Shirley! that lace in the background is just perfect! such a pretty design, love love this!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous tag Shirley! I love that shabby chic look and you did it using some of your stash. That's why we all save those bits and pieces; we know that someday we can turn it into something beautiful....and you did! I think that the tag will probably be loved as much as the gift to which it's attached.

Caroline Hallett said...

very cute tag

Kat said...

how cute is your tag!
love all the lace & bits you have used,
grate dimention,
fab pastel colours.
Kat.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week ! Your tag is simply delicious !

Anonymous said...

you did it! adorable and so shabby chic! love that flower! : )
Pam Going Postal

Brenda said...

wonderful job on your vintage/shabby chic tag! totally achieved the look! good luck with those challenges!

Bea said...

What a adorable tag, love the little bear :o)

Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this time

Hugs from Bea

Cyndi said...

what a lovely tag! great job on the vintage look! love the bear too! have a great day!

Danni said...

This is just precious! So beautiful!

1LuvnMama said...

Are you kidding me? This tag is right on for the shabby, vintage look! You did such an amazing job Shirley . . . always paying close attention to every single detail in your masterpiece! :) Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Tammi said...

It definitely looks vintage and really beautiful Shirley! The background paper is amazing! Thanks so much for your sweet comment today. :) ~hugs

Sue from Oregon said...

So darling! I think Vintage is way beyond me...too much thinkin' LOL. You did a wonderful job on this!

Rach said...

this is stunning hun, a fantastic work of art,xxx

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet tag Shirley.
luv
Debby

Joy said...

what a sweet tag! it looks vintage to me! love that you tried something new. Hope you have a fabulous weekend shirley!

Suzi Mac said...

Oh Shirley, how gorgeous is this tage, love that sweet teddy and your distressing. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Janie Printz said...

Shirley this is just amazing. Certainly has the vintage look with that wonderful lace, buttons & the rest of your added touches. GREAT little tag. LUV the bear.
Hugs, Janie

Elise said...

OMG! Shirley! this is incredible!!! Wow! I am drooling over the shabby details you did here! I love that lace, the bear, the buttons, the ribbon .. EVERYTHING is just .. absolutely STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS! Whew!!!! I loooove this!

Love,
Elise

donna mikasa said...

Hi Shirley!! Oh, gosh, I LOVE your vintage tag!! It's perfect shabby cuteness! Love all the yummy details and I'm honored that you used the ribbon--it's perfect! Have a wonderful three day weekend! Hope you are well...

maribeth27 said...

This tag just took my breath away! Sooo STUNNING! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your vintage/shabby chic style tag and everything about it!!! Amazing project as always! ;D
Hugs xoxo,
Maribeth

Unknown said...

Oh wow, Shirley! This is absolutely stunning! I LOVE LOVE the vintage/shabby look! Wonderful job!

christmas gift baskets said...

The bear hugs is very cute and gorgeous, really nice work. I really love it. Thanks for sharing this great work of your.

jojoscraps said...

Hi Shirley
This is a beautiful vintage tag. I love the hand made flower. I struggle with vintage, but you seem to have it down.
Jo xx

Stephanie said...

I love & admire the vintage style but I am petrified to try it! However, you Shirley should do it more often because you're a natural - this is just stunning sweetie :D Take care, love Steph xxx

Amy said...

OMGosh Shirley, this is gorgeously done vintage/shabby! That teddy is so sweet and huggable, love all the fibers and the lace...this is just so beautiful! You are one naturally talented lady!

jaine drake said...

I saw this and just went "aaahhhhh". How adorable, it's such a gorgeous tag. Thanks for entering the challenge at creative inspirations.

Jane said...

Gorgeous gift tag! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp! hugs, Jane x

Allison Rankin said...

Wow...love all the little details. I am a dunce when it comes to this style but yours is awesome!

Unknown said...

Sorry for being so late with my visit ... LOVE this tag! Thank you for taking part in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Monique said...

What an adorable tag...Love the papers and the sweet little bear!! Cute cute!!