Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sending a little Valentine love...


One of my craft goals this year is to add some "real" stitching to my cards.  I love the effect it gives but I haven't yet given it a try.   I'm almost out of these rub-on "stitches" so maybe one day soon I'll drag out my sewing machine... 

Question:  do those tiny toy-looking sewing machines really work?  Does anybody have one and would recommend it?  I've always been curious about them--would look cute in a craft room and not take up too much space...but does it really work?

I made this card following a sketch from Stamp With Fun (just flipped it around), and used a stamp that I've had for a while--still trying hard not to buy anything new.  I don't think I can hold out much longer, tho, there's too many cute images out there, lol!
Have been spending a lot of time in blogland lately.  So many beautiful creations to see, no time for housework...

The challenges I'm entering:
Stamp With Fun #96 - Sketch von Tina46
By the Cute & Girly - Red is all around us
7 Kids College Fund #14 - I {heart} you!
Double Dutch DDC#61 - Love is in the Air
Simon Says - LOVE is in the air!!!
Bunny Zoe's Crafts #8 - Love is in the Air!

The recipe:
Stamp:  Ladybug and Friends, A Letter for You
Paper:  BoBunny Crush Collection
Ink:  Copic Markers, Hero Arts Shadow Ink, Distress Ink
Tools:  Nestabilities, Rollabind
Other:  Queen & Co. chic charms, heart doilie, adhesive pearls and rhinestones, ribbon, pop dots, rub-on stitches

Thanks for looking!

24 comments:

Cyndi said...

this is so beautiful! great take on the sketch and like the stitching!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Shirley, fab image and colours.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Shirley, Thanks for joining us at Double Dutch!
Your card looks so beautiful, I love it!!

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Such a pretty card! Thank you for playing with us over at BTC&G and good luck! x

Jodi said...

Very pretty Shirley! I love the image and great Valentine colors too!! Hope you have a great day!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Amy said...

Oh, this is such a sweet Valentine, love the image and you've colored her beautifully Shirley!
I have not heard good things about the tiny sewing machines, the Sew Crafty mini machine was nicknamed 'So Crappy' by many who bought it. :(
I'm thinking of trying the Sew Easy by We R Memory Keepers, it could be easier than maneuvering my sewing machine into place! Here's a review of it- http://www.craftcritique.com/2010/08/cha-tools-we-r-memory-keepers-sew-easy.html

Amy said...

Sorry, I didn't give you the latest review for the sew easy...here's the one following this CHA.
http://www.craftcritique.com/2011/02/cha-tools-we-r-memory-keepers.html

Elise said...

Oh my gosh Shirley! This is way toooo sweet .. just like you! :) hehe! Your colouring is fabulous and I love the "faux" stitching you did! I couldn't even tell it was faux!!! Looks real! :) I love it!!! Hmmmm .. about those little machines .. i read some reviews about them before, and most of them said it was not good. :( But maybe they came up with newer ones that work?! Give it a go Shirley! It'll be beautiful!!!

Love,
Elise

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful bg heart! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Alice said...

this is soooooo pretty, Shirley! LOVE the beautiful coloring. very pretty light colors. fabulous card!! love it!

Denise said...

Awww so Sweet & Pretty! Love the layering, and that great lacey heart! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Denise

Sue from Oregon said...

Darling! When I remember, I use my regular BIG machine. I don't know anything about the little ones, sorry!

redwasher1 said...

Awesome card!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Anonymous said...

So cute Shirley! Wonderful coloring and designing... great take on the sketch too! I haven't had time for housework either! hehe
Pam Going Postal

maribeth27 said...

Hi Shirley!
Wow! Soo beautiful!!!I just love everything about it! And your light/pastel coloring is so perfect! And you did an amazing job with the sketch! Have a great weekend! :D

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Shirley!

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!!!!! Hugs Juls

Tammy said...

Shirley...totally gorguss card Hun. Tammy, is so loving it. Please pop over to my blog as i have an award for you. Hugs xx

Heather said...

Beautiful card Shirley, I just love the beautiful, soft gentle colouring of the fabulous image and great papers and colours.
I have one of the smaller machines, it's fine, not as good as the larger ones but more than adequate for my crafting needs.

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Rach said...

Shirley this is beautiful, gorgeous colouring of your image.xx

donna mikasa said...

Adorable Valentine--your coloring is just awesome! I like the faux stitching as I'm so lazy to drag out my sewing machine. I HAD one of those small sewing machines and it failed miserably. Maybe it's me.....

Tammi said...

Shirley, love this, pretty mix of papers, just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Shirley!! This is just gorgeous!! I adore your coloring and the image is very sweet!! What beautiful papers too!! HUGS

Janie Printz said...

Beautiful card Shirley ... Gorgeous coloring of that sweet little image. I have the little Janome Sew Mini & LOVE it ...
I got it for a great price & it sews great & is small enough to keep on my craft table without taking up a lot of space. I do wish it had a light on it tho ... I just move my craft light around so it shines on what I'm doing & that works well. I'm sure the larger machines sew better & have more stitches but for sewing on cards this is great. Has straight & zigzag in several different sizes.
Hugs, Janie