Monday, March 28, 2011

Cricut Critters


Aren't these Cricut Critters adorable?  No, I didn't make these--I don't even own a Cricut, lol.  These were made and given to me by my sweet and so very thoughtful blogging friend Brenda!    Two of them are missing from this group and they'll now be taken cared of by 2 sweet little boys .



I made this card for the son of a dear friend.  She had told me he liked one of the cards I sent her and was claiming it as his own (cute yeah), so I wanted to make a card especially for him.  I was so happy to hear he was delighted to get his very own card. 

Once I thought of a layout, it went pretty quickly to put this card together.  I used the Sizzix Bigz tree die, Papertrey cloud die, Martha Stewart grass punch and Hero Arts Clouds stamp and I let the monkey hang freely so he could be removed and played with.



This card was made for my grandnephew's 1st birthday.  The DP and chipboard cupcake are from DCWV's Sweet collection.  I glued a string of baker's twine to the banner on the DP and cut the number 1 with my sizzix for the candle.

Thank you so much Brenda for sharing your adorable critters with me!  They were fun to play with and I know they'll be enjoyed by these 2 very special little boys!

Have a great week everyone and thanks for letting me share my cards with you! 

16 comments:

Elise said...

hmmm. something is wrong with my thumbnails on my blog! It didn't even show this new post! I came here thinking your last post was the new post .. and lookieee here! I found 2 of the most adorable cards!!! :)

Yes yes yes .. you are a SWEETHEART for making these cards! They are just so precious and these little boys will LOVE them!!! :)

Love you,
Elise

Lynn said...

Although I love your regular style, it is fun to see these cute kid cards. It is refreshing and reminds me of when my boys were little. Sigh, I miss those days.

Jenny said...

So cute! I love Create a Critter! You are so lucky Brenda did all that layering for you- you got the fun part! Have fun with the rest of your creating.

Anonymous said...

Pure cuteness Shirley! I love these! My daughter just bought this cartridge a few months ago and she made the owls up for a baby shower! I just have the original Cricut but it is an amazingly FUN machine! You would love it! : )
I love your cards! You are so creative! Love how you created the scenes and elements to go with the adorable critters! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Joy said...

Really cute cards, Shirley! Love what you did with the critters.

Have a great week!

Brenda said...

i'm so glad that you found a use for them. your cards came out cute. lmk if you ever want me to make more!

Kristine said...

Hi Shirley! These are soo CUTE! I have the Create-a-Critter Cricut cardtridge--my girls got it for me for Christmas recently. =) I need to get it out more and use it. These are so adorable!

Joy said...

Awe...sweet Brenda! she is so thoughtful. love what you did with the critters though. it's so cute! love the backgrounds! hope you have a good week!

Cyndi said...

your critter creations are so cute! can't wait to see what you will create with the others!

Danni said...

These are so cute!!

1LuvnMama said...

Oh my goodness Shirley! I think we share the same friend {hee, hee}! Brenda is such a sweetie . . . so funny, I used that same bear to make a card too! Do you think we were feeling the same vibe? :)

Little C's Creations said...

Very Cute, Shirley!! Maybe u gotta get a Cricut now! LOL! I love mines! Love what you did with the monkey one. So darling! Have a blessed day!!

Hugs,
Jen

Amy said...

Those critters are so cute, how nice of Brenda to share with you! The make perfect cards for little kids and I think it was brilliant of you to make the monkey detachable so he can be played with! Awesome cards Shirley!

Alice said...

awww.... these are soooooooo adorable, Shirley!!! super duper cute!

Teri said...

Love the critters, so sweet of brenda to share :) The cards you made are so cute! Have a great weekend!

donna mikasa said...

Super cute cards! Don't you love how die cuts make life so simple and give your stamps a rest?