Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ephemera


I'm stepping out of my usual play box again but when Simon Said Stamp and Show some Ephemera, I had to say, let me try...!  Years ago I bought several packages of Me & My Big Ideas Scrappychic Ephemera (why?, I don't know!)  so I wasn't going to let this challenge go by without trying to use some of this old stash, lol!


I just now remembered seeing a really old picture of my MIL carrying my DH as an infant that I think will go nicely in the frame and hopefully make a nice Mother's Day card for her.   I hope I can find it!


Thanks for looking!

20 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Hi Shirley! What a fabulous buttony frame! Love the shabby chicness and I do hope you find that photo. Your MIL will love this! Hope you're having a great weekend and staying dry!

Elise said...

Oh wow wow wow! this is absolutely STUNNING Shirley!!! I love all those beautiful buttons and the ephemera is just gorgeous!!! This is truly beautiful!!! Looooove it!

Hugs,
Elise

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh goodness, I am going to have to google that word LOL! That button frame is just lovely. This will be perfect with the pic you have in mind!

Amy said...

This is beautiful Shirley and the pic of your MIL with DH would be perfect in the frame! There must of been something about those pkgs of MAMBI Scrappychic Ephmera because I have several packs in a draw waiting to be used also! ;)
Have a great Sunday!

maribeth27 said...

WOW! This is so BEAUTIFUL and exquisite!!! I just love love love your style! The frame buttons are just stunning! And the whole frame is so perfect! Your MIL is so lucky to have you!
Hugs,
Maribeth :D

Cyndi said...

this is awesome! love the look! you are so creative!

Rach said...

stunning Shirley. hugs rachxx

Brenda said...

wow! that's a lot of buttons! good luck on finding the picture to put in the frame. even if you don't find it, the card is still marvelous!

Lori said...

Wow! This is an awesome frame! Love all that "ephemera"! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

1LuvnMama said...

Stunning Shirley! I luv all the buttons in different size, shapes, and shades! You're MIL will surely treasure this especially the picture you want to place in it! :) Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday!

Michele said...

Oh Shirley, this is such a great project!! I love the button frame! Awesome!

Alice said...

love love the button frame! beautiful project, Shirley!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word this is so amazing!! I love the ephemera style and the Vintage look!! Fabby button frame!! TFS! HUGS

Jen Shults said...

This is just lovely! I LOVE that button frame. So gorgeous!

Jodi said...

Wow!! That's sure a lot of buttons! BUT it really makes a beautiful frame!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Joy said...

Surely a different kind of look and what a challenge this must have been! so many buttons! love your bag below too as you made it really cute and love the DP too. you are on a roll with your creations! keep it up! have a good week!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! :)

Jeanette said...

This is stunning Shirley. What a wonderful creation.
Hugs Jeanette xxo

Unknown said...

Ooh, I love your shabby chic/vintage project it is stunning! Thanks for joining in at Paper Play this week!
Alicia xx

Ren-Yi said...

What a great project! Congrats on your win at PaperPlay Challenge. Hope to see you this week!