Thursday, March 3, 2011

Girl's Day Gift Bags

Girl's Day, celebrated on the 3rd day of the 3rd month

Happy Girl's Day!  Hope you're having a wonderful day! 

I made a couple of Girl's Day gift bags for my DILs last night.

These handbags were put together with lunch sacks and were pretty easy to make.   The hardest part was to resize a 5 inch lunch sack down to 4 inches, as it was too late for me to go shopping.   Don't know why I'm always doing things at the last minute, guess I work better under pressure, lol.  For the measurements, see the tutorial here


I used one of the older TGF images from the Miss Anya Dressy set (yay, finally!) and some old stash from Making Memories (chain, tag, metal brads - another yay!).




  
here's the other one.

I hope you're having a wonderful Girl's Day!

 
The Challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenge, #131 - Anything But Square
All That Scraps - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes (old embellies)
Paper Sundaes, #58 - How Charming, Charm or Metal Embellishment

The recipe:
Stamp:  The Greeting Farm, Miss Anya Dressy
Paper:  My Mind's Eye
Ink:  Copic Markers, Distress Ink
Other:  Nestabilities, Martha Stewart punch, Making Memories chain, tag, brad, lace, ribbons, pop dots

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!

28 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Oh, how adorable, Shirley! What a thoughtful MIL you are! The papers are pretty and your coloring is always so perfect! Hope YOU had a Happy Girl's Day!

Brenda said...

aw... these are adorable! you are very thoughtful to think of your DIL's on girl's day! thanks for sharing such a sweet idea!

Cyndi said...

Wow, these are amazing! love the colors and the paper! they must've loved it!

Delphine said...

They are so beautiful, Shirley! Lovely image and the papers are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous bag Shirley, beautiful image and colours.
luv
Debby

Rach said...

This is gorgoeus Shirley another beautiful project. hugs RAch xx

Larissa said...

Fabulous bag Shirley! Very lovely image. I think I like the one with the brown handles the best.

Have a lovely weekend.

Hugs,
Larissa

CHARLOTTE said...

Beautiful creation, Shirley, and you did an excellent job - I'm sure your lucky DILs were happy with your Girls Day gift.

Islander Girl said...

Oh My! This is awesome! I love it! So elegant! Great job as always!

Hope all is well!
Aloha!

brenda said...

Hello Shirley

Afrtaid I don't get round blogland as much I would like these days, but it's so nice to come catch up and see what you have been creating.

And I just love this pretty bag, how lovely to receve a gift in something like this, makes it even more special.

B x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Shirley, wow what amazing little bags! I love the image you've used and the papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Michele said...

I know all about doing things last minute Shirley!! hahaha!! But my last minute projects do not compare to your awesome creations! LOVE this beautiful bag!!

Anonymous said...

so creative and beautiful Shirley! I can imagine sitting down to eating my lunch out of a beautiful bag like this! lol Just kidding! But oh, what a fun thought! Love how you colored and designed this Anya!
Pam Going Postal

Lynn said...

Gosh your DILs are so lucky! Now I feel bad that I didn't get more creative with my Girl's Day packaging...maybe next year. Thank you for sharing the site for the instructions. I've downloaded it already. Have a super weekend!

Alice said...

these are fabulous, Shirley! love your coloring on the Anyas and the pps you used are perfect!! love love these!

1LuvnMama said...

Last minute? These gift bags/purses are so gorgeous Shirley! I luv the papers you used and the coloring on Anya is amazing! You are such a sweet MIL and a sweet friend too! :) Have a great weekend!

Elise said...

Whoa! Shirley!!! These are just GORGEOUS!!! I love it so much!! And your DIL's are soooooo lucky!! hehe! :) You're always doing such creative things and making all kinds of wonderful arts! sigh ... gotta take lessons from you! :)

Love,
Elise

Teri said...

Oh my goodness shirley! These bags are so pretty! Thanks for the link to the tutorial, gonna have to find some time to try these out!!

maribeth27 said...

Ohhh Shirley! These gift bags are adorable!!! They are soo pretty I wish I could have one! :D lol! Kidding aside, thank you so much for the link to the tutorial! Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Maribeth ;)

Jenny V. said...

Hi Shirley! These bags are beautiful and great idea. I'm sure they love it, I know I would ;-) Thanks for sharing the link hope to give it a try. Have a wonderful weekend.

Dena said...

Shirley, these are soooo cute! Love the idea!
Who wouldn't LOVE to receive one of these bags?!!!
Hugs, Dena

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow, I am sure your DIL's will love this sweet and crafty gift!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous creations Shirley and such lovely colours! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake! Shelly x

Anonymous said...

Oh my word Shirley!! How clever you are girl!! These are just darling!! LOVE the image and fabby papers you've used to make these!! TFS! HUGS

Jodi said...

Shirley I hope you had a great Girl's Day!! These bags are so cute, I wouldn't want to even use them!! LOL!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Tracy Valure said...

Everything about this is cute! Love the papers, image..coloring! Awesome job! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes.

Kajsan said...

Oh my gosh!! SO cute!! Love them!
You have a lovely blog! Thanks for all the inspiration!!
Hugs/Karin

Mimi said...

Adorable bag! Saw this on the What's Up Wednesday at Club Anya blog! Great idea and makes a pretty bag to fill up with goodies! TFS! ;)