Wednesday, March 30, 2011

JustRite Challenge


Hello and Happy Hump Day to you!  I just opened the windows to take this picture and it's going to be a gorgeous day today!   The birds are singing, the flowers are in bloom, the sun is shining--I hope it's the start of a wonderful day for you too!

I made this card to enter in JustRite's Challenge 051 which is to "create a thank you card for someone that may have bestowed a random act of kindness to you".   This was a good chance for me to use my JustRite "Kindness" stamp set that I just recently bought.   I didn't buy the coordinating Spellbinders die yet so I cut out this frame by hand.

I guess you could call this a clean and simple card--no copic coloring so it was fast and easy.  I just used the corner of one sheet of DP from the DCWV Be Mine paper stack, stamped in the birdcage (Studio G stamp only a $1.50 at Ben Franklin), attached a ribbon, a rose, some butterflies, distressed the edges and it was done!

Well, I'm off for some breakfast.  Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful day!

17 comments:

Joy said...

very sweet card. love the paper, butterflies and the bird cage. Can't believe you cut out that frame! but it is so pretty! and perfect for the challenge! have a good hump day!

Danni said...

This is so pretty!! Elegant!! You did such a fabulous job!

Cyndi said...

very pretty! love the look!

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I love the butterflies and that bird cage.

Jodi said...

This is so pretty!! What gorgeous paper and pretty pink ribbon too!! Hope you have a great day!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Lynn said...

Ah, that is a sweet simple card. I love it! Funny how we must be on a bird cage theme as I was just about to post my bird cage card. I guess the sunny weather makes us think about birds and flowers.

Mandelhjärta said...

WOW, so beautiful! Love the pastel colors! :)
Have a nice day!

Jenny V. said...

Very pretty Shirley! Love the colors and DP you use.

Sharon Harnist said...

What a beautiful card, Shirley! Thanks so much for joining us from the beautiful state of Hawaii in JustRite's challenge!

Anonymous said...

Wowzer!! Shirley, this is very elegant and so soft and pretty!! Love the butterflies and the frame sentiment!! GORGEOUS!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Shabby Chic Shirley! LOVE it! Too funny though, I just got the dies but don't have the stamps! lol
Pam Going Postal

1LuvnMama said...

Oh my word~Simply gorgeous and beautiful! I can't believe you cut out the shape . . . thanks for sharing this! Such an inspiration Shirl!

Amy said...

Oh, this is so beautiful Shirley! That dp makes the perfect background for these stamps and you have some amazing scissor skills cutting out that shape! Fantabulous card! :)

Alice said...

gorgeousness, Shirley! beautiful colors and details. love love this!

Elise said...

Shirley! Wow! Okay, this is just so gorgeous! I love the soft colors of this, and it may be "Clean and Simple", but to me, this is Elegant and STUNNING!!! Loooove it!

Love ya,
Elise

Cami said...

Very lovely card, Shirley. It's elegant and classy.
Cami

donna mikasa said...

Clean and simple and so gorgeous--especially with that bow! Your trimming is pretty awesome, too. I don't think you need that Spellbinder die!