Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter!


Hello stampin' friends, hope you're enjoying your Easter weekend!  

I thought I was done with Easter cards but after seeing Mama's beautiful project with Easter Anya, I was inspired to ink up her up and enter her in TGF's Farm Fresh Challenge.   If you'd like this adorable image and Easter Ian too, head on over to TGF asap--it's their free gift to us but only through this weekend.  Thank you so much Marie!

My card is pretty much a clean and simple, no frills kinda card--just one DP cut with a Nestabilities die, an embossed kraft CS, a Magnolia DooHickey fence, a stamped sentiment and an adhesive pearl.  I didn't want the embossed background to overpower my DP so after taking the cardstock out of the embossing folder, I ran it through the Cuttlebug a couple times to flatten the embossing for a more subtle look.    And since Simon Says... Emboss It!!, I'll be entering this card in their challenge as well.

Thanks for sharing your busy Easter weekend with me.  I really appreciate your visits and the sweet comments you always leave me!  

Happy Easter to you and your family!

21 comments:

Elise said...

Shirley, there is something about this card that brings such a huge smile to my face! I don't know .. maybe the sweet colors, maybe the precious and beautifully coloured image, but it just makes my heart feel so warm and "goooey". lol! This is such a BEAUTIFUL card and as "simple" as it is .. the feelings it creates is a mixture of all kinds of goodness! I looove it!

May you have a wonderful Easter dear friend!!!

Love,
Elise

Brenda said...

i love that dp and the image is so adorable... i need to hop on over to get the image before i forget again. happy easter to you and your family!

Jenny said...

This is so sweet looking! Now I really want that doohickey die!

1LuvnMama said...

Hey Shirl! Happy Easter to you! Luv your card using Easter Anya . . . I had no part in inspiring you; you inspire all with your beautiful creations! :) Thank you for playing along in the FFF challenge!

Cyndi said...

such a sweet card! love the soft colors! happy easter!

Anonymous said...

Delightful designing Shirley! love it! Totally charming!

Alice said...

this is so sweet and beautiful, Shirley!! beautiful pp you used and the simple design really allow the image to pop!! love love it! also thanks for letting us know about the TFG freebie! =)

Cheryl said...

Happy Easter Shirley!!! Love your sweet card and thanks for sharing the link.

Islander Girl said...

Happy Easter! OMG, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CARD!!! Awesome job!!! Have a great and blessed day!

donna mikasa said...

Sweetness!! I love the pastels on your card and the fence is the perfect touch! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter, Shirley!

Amy said...

Bunny Anya looks so sweet, I love your coloring of her Shirley! That paper is gorgeous and the fence is just perfect for the scene! Very cool embossing technique too, you are just so creative! Hope your Easter is wonderful and that you found the most eggs! :)

Joy said...

Happy Easter Shirley! what a beautiful card you created! so wonderful with those pastel colors! have a wonderful and blessed day!

Creations by Shirl said...

Auh- what a precious card Shirley~
Hope you had a very special Easter Day.

Unknown said...

This is so adorable! Love the soft colors! Very sweet! Hope you had a wonderful Easter, Shirley!

Tammi said...

Absolutely perfect, so cute Shirley! Love the pretty paper. Hope you had a wonderful Easter. ~hugs

Grace said...

OMgoodness how sweet!!! Thanks for the heads up! I just picked her up.... so adorable and i love the pretty paper you paired her with! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

maribeth27 said...

Wow, Shirley! Your card is such a darling! Love the cute image and the DP! You always make amazing backgrounds! Thank you for the inspiration once again!
Hugs, Maribeth :D

Jane said...

Oh this is so sweet! love the cute image and soft colours! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane x

Unknown said...

Super cute! :)

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Shirley this card couldn't be any nore precious! I love it! You are killing me with the fence die! I've got so many fence cuts with my Cricut and I've really been trying to avoid buying this die. But you're killing me!! LOL! Beautiful card!
hugs, Sharon

Shirley said...

She is just too too sweet! and perfect for Easter, Shirley!!