Thursday, June 16, 2011

My tummy tickles...

...thinking of you

I had in mind to make another vintage card but as I was going through my box of stamps looking for the right image, an adorable little face with the biggest, sweetest eyes looked up at me and said, "can you play with me please?"   Now how could I not take her out to color, hee hee!

This is a Swalk stamp titled Thinking of You.   She's colored with Copics, her dress is paper pieced, the papers are Basic Grey Urban Prairie. 

The challenges that inspired me (thank you!):
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Let's Play Bingo (shape, ribbon, sentiment in a row)
Paper Sundaes Challenge #73 - Girly Girl
Stamp Something - Something Punched
Stampavie and More, #145 - Butterflies

Hope you're having a great week!

Thanks for looking!






29 comments:

Juls said...

this is so cute!!! I love it!!! Hugs Juls

Creations by Shirl said...

Ooh Shirley~
She's darn cute ~ luv how you paper pierced her dress, I haven't try this out yet.. Off course she's to hard to resist, look at that look on her face. Luv the DP and colors...

Larissa said...

Oh she is so cute Shirley! Love your card.

Hugs,
Larissa

Unknown said...

So precious! :)

Joy said...

Such a sweet card, Shirley! And she does have that adorable look on her face!

Thansk for sharing and have a great weekend!

Cheryl said...

This is so cute Shirley! I've never seen that image before. Great coloring too!

kris said...

Shirley that is such an adorable card!! image is so cute and sweet!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh my this is just the cutest...sort of reminds me of Precious Moments figurines. So very sweet!

Amy said...

I can see how you couldn't resist her plea Shirley, she's adorable! Love your paper mix and her paper pieced dress is perfect! Totally sweet card!

Tammi said...

She IS really sweet, adorable card Shirley! ~hugs

Cyndi said...

very sweet card! yes, how could you not color her?!

Brenda said...

this is an adorable card and image! love how you softened the edges of the images... that's next on my list of things to learn... lol! thanks for the inspiration!

Elaine said...

Such a very sweet card Shirley!
Cutie pie image and the colours are gorgeous. I love the paper piecing!

Have a great weekend

Hugs Elaine xx

Elise said...

Oh Shirley! This is yes .. soOooo ADORABLE! She is the sweetest thing with those big doey eyes! lol! And I love the sentiment that you've placed around it too! Such a BEAUTIFUL card as always!

Much Love,
Elise

1LuvnMama said...

Hi Shirley! Wowie . . . ain't she cute or what? :) Luv how that sentiment wraps around her. Too sweet!

Shirley said...

She is adorable and the sentiment is just too too cute! Love your DP too!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

She's very sweet. No wonder you couldn't resist inking her up. The DP is so pretty too.

Creative Grammie said...

Such a sweet card, love the colors, love your work!
TFS

Pam Sparks said...

Love the papers you used with her and the ribbon! She is a DOLL for sure! So sweet and delightfully colored Shirley!

Alica said...

so soft and pretty! Very sweet!
Thanks for joining us at Papers Sundaes - hope you'll play with us soon!

Hugs,
Alica ;)

Alice said...

awww... such a sweet image and love how you colored her hair! love love this darling card, Shirley!

CHARLOTTE said...

Love everything about this card - especially the font, image and coloring is so beautiful, as usual.

Stephanie said...

Shirley, this is so adorable, I swear your cards just keep getting prettier & prettier :) Thanks for always remembering to visit me no matter how long I've been away - it means more to me than you'll ever know! Love Stephanie xxx

Marcea said...

What a beautiful creation, love your pretty details. I am glad you had fun playing BINGO with us this week on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog
Hope to see you again for our new challenge tomorrow
xxx

Unknown said...

Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi ya sweetie!! WOW!! This is so precious!! What an adorable image and your coloring is fantastic hun!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend!! HUGS

donna mikasa said...

So sweet, Shirley! Love the soft, vintagey look. I have this stamp, too, but haven't inked her up. I'm so inspired to now that I've seen your sweet card! Have a great weekend--hope the rain has stopped!

Natalie Z said...

WOW WOW WOW absolutely Stunning Card!!!! Thanks for playing with us at the Stampavie and More Challenge.

Hugs Natalie xx

Janie Printz said...

Absolutely adorable ! Can see why you couldn't resist those big beautiful eyes ... She's sweet. Luv the sentiment so perfectly placed around her.
Hugs, Janie