Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room


Hello dear friends, I'm so delighted that you took the time to visit with me!

My card today was inspired by the Shabby Girls at The Shabby Tea Room, which has lately become one of my favorite places to visit for shabby chic inspiration!    Their challenge this week is Classic Patterns/Polka Dots or Gingham.  I chose to make a card without an image this time, trying to focus on the vintage look with just the papers and embellies. 

I used the papers from the Grace Taylor vintage collection paper pack and the stamps from the JustRite Victorian Nested Frames & Occasions set and Stampin' Up.  The edges were distressed with Distress Ink and the ovals were cut with Nestabilities.

 I hope you're all enjoying your weekend.  Take care and "Thank You" for looking!  Hugs!

21 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Sooo beautiful Shirley~
Luv all the detailing on your card, the buttons, crochet butterfly, DP and flowers-- really pretty!

Alice said...

gorgeous shabby chic card, Shirley! love the beautiful and soft colors and patterns. fabulous work as always! have a wonderful weekend! =)

Cyndi said...

love your shabby chic card! great details!

donna mikasa said...

Shabby chic and oh, so gorgeous! Love all the embellies you added--just perfect!

And hey, great new profile pic! How will I recognize you at Ben Franklin now??

Elise said...

Oooooh! Shirley!! This is GOR-GEOUS!!! I love this "shabby chic" look and yes yes yes .. The Shabby Tea Room is a beautiful place!!! Love your dp's and that lace butterfly!!! Simply STUNNING!!!

ps .. love your new profile pic!!! So adorable Shirley! :)

Love,
Elise

Lynn said...

There's nothing 'shabby' about your card....it's gorgeous! The butterfly is a nice touch. Thanks for sharing the Shabby Tea Room site. I love seeing beautiful work like yours.

Stempeltiger said...

OMG your card is really GORGEOUS Shirly! Love the romantic papers, the wonderful colours and the sweet buttons and the lace.
Beautiful work.
Hugs, Swantje

Debbie said...

This is so soft and lovely ... beautiful design! Mahalo for sharing your work with us in the Tea Room :)

PS - Hawaii is my favorite place to visit ... lucky enough to have been to Maui once and Oahu twice!!!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

WOWSER!!!! Shirley, that is one FABULOUS card. I love EVERYTHING about it. BTW, did you change the picture of you? How cute.

Cami said...

GORGEOUS card, Shirley!!! Oh my, this is so elegant and classy... you do the shabby chic very nicely. The DPs, layout, embellies all are put together brilliantly. I love this look and love the style, love their blog but never got to try may hands on this style. Please make more of this! It's timeless and feminine too!
Hugs, Cami

CHARLOTTE said...

Love your vintage "shabby" card and it looks like the young girl grew up to be a beautiful woman.

1LuvnMama said...

What a stunning shabby chic card Shirley! Luv this style of card . . . wish I was better at it. Thanks for the link to The Shabby Tea Room, never visited there and will for inspiration.
Btw, who is that adorable little girl? :) Sweet Shirley . . . even as a child, you have that big, wonderful smile! :)

Pam Sparks said...

You changed your picture! awwww... I love the pics of us when we were kids...what a great idea! You've stumped me, Grace Taylor collection??? oh, I see the comment above me they noticed your new photo too! : )) I keep getting sidetracked from your card! lol Gorgeous, lovely designing Shirley! You have the "touch"! p.s. watch your mail! : ))

farmhouse-story said...

such a pretty card, shirley! love your sweet papers and laces:)

Joy said...

Shirley! Your card is so super sweet! Reminds me of those cabbage rose fabrics we all used to buy!

Thanks for sharing, it's really pretty with all of the details!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Love that little butterfly!

Tammi said...

Wow, so pretty! Love how it all works so beautifully together! ~hugs

Rach said...

oh Wow!!! how beautiful is this card, delish hunny. hugs rachxx

Elaine said...

This is simply gorgeous Shirley.
I love the shabby chic look yet it's not something I'm at all good at. Your card is so pretty, I love those papers!

Hugs Elaine xxx

Shirley said...

How absolutely beautiful, Shirl!! Love all of the DP's, your butterfly, and those adorable buttons too, not to mention the lace! Lovely card!

Juls said...

so beautiful and elegant! Hugs Juls