Sunday, July 24, 2011

So Glad You're My Friend

time with friends is the best way to spend the day

 
Hello friends, hope you had a wonderful weekend!

The challenge this week at the B 'n W Challenge Blog  is to use "Complimentary Colors"--using two colors directly opposite each other on the color wheel.  Inspired by the DT's beautiful creations, I decided to play along.  I chose the red/violet, yellow/green combination for my card.


my image is Emma by Elizabeth Bell and was colored with Copic makers 
DP is Prima Annalee cut with a Nestabilities dye
 sentiment is a Whimsy mini postage stamp by Raindrop Echo Designs


Thanks so much for looking and for your sweet comments!  
Wishing you a wonderful stress-free week!

15 comments:

Lilian said...

This is so elegant and lovely Shirley! Love the color combination you used.
I haven't seen this image in awhile... makes e want to look for mine and color her. :)
Thanks for joining the Belles N Whistles Challenge!

Lynn said...

Such a sweet card! Your coloring is making me envious. I need to practice so I can do what you do with your stamped images.

Amy said...

This is gorgeous, Shirley! She looks so sweet, the colors are perfect and I love the sheer ribbon you've used with her...fabulous work! :)
Hope you have a great week!

Creations by Shirl said...

I like this image, Elizabeth Bell is so pretty...luv the sentiment and the papers you used... A great card Shirley!
Have a precious day~

Joy said...

what a great choice in opposites! love your coloring. the image is cute and love the layout too. hope you had a wonderful weekend, mine was definitely too short! have a good week!

Alice said...

she is a beauty and you colored her perfectly, Shirley! gorgeous card! love it!

Elise said...

Hi ya Shirley!!! Ohhh this is GORGEOUS! I think I may have this image as well?! hmmm .. that's bad .. I have to go and look! You did a FABULOUS job with her and her colouring! I love love love this color combo!!! :) You always do such BEAUTIFUL work my dear! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us at BnW!!! You ROCK!!!

Love,
Elise

Islander Girl said...

Sooo pretty!!! Love your coloring and the colors you chose!

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Shirley, what a sweet image.
luv
Debby

Cami said...

Oh Shirley, this is such a lovely card and you chose a beautiful color combo. This sweetie is colored beautiful and that sheer ribbon is just the perfect touch! Hope you had a wonderful weekend watching KDs and crafting!
Hugs, Cami

Juls said...

awhhh, such a sweet card! Hugs Juls

Cyndi said...

very lovely card! sweet colors and love the coloring!

Shirley said...

She is adorable! Where have I been and how did it miss this! What a really beautiful card you gave her!

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful card, Shirley! You always make such perfect cards, no matter what the color combo is! Love the little postage stamp sentiment, too!

farmhouse-story said...

this is just so charming, shirley! love your coloring:)