Have you been watching Amy Young's videos lately? OMGosh, she has done several this past week and they're all so incredible! If you haven't seen any of them yet, you must check them out here or here cause you're in for some awesome copic coloring lessons, she is really amazing!
After watching Amy color Fairwee Josie here, I was so inspired to make something with her that I immediately went to buy her as a digital image at ATS. In a matter of minutes I had Josie downloaded and was coloring along with Amy--it was like having her in my craft room giving me step by step instructions, so cool! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your fabulous coloring skills with us Amy, you are the sweetest!
My inspiration for this card also came from Jennifer McGuire's cute-as-a-button creation here, I thought her concept was adorable. I just tweaked it a bit by making a button card using Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio. Working with a digital image was perfect for this project as I could easily make Josie the size I needed to fit my buttons and I got to practice my coloring too. The embellies I used came from my sewing box and my die cuts were made with Die-namics Doilies and Dainty Doily Border dies and Nestabilities circle die.
I'll be entering this card in the following challenges:
Pile It On!, #35 - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Dies to Die For!
Stamps R Us Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Flutter by Wednesday - Anything Goes with a fairy
The Paper Shelter, #28 - Die Cuts and Punches
Thanks for stopping by
your visits and sweet comments really mean a lot!
Have a great day!
24 comments:
Hi Shirley,
Your card shows on the Stamps R Us challenge blog now. Sometimes the page just needs to be refreshed.
Thanks for playing in our challenge with your awesome card!
jan
I wish I could hang out in your craft room making cards with you Shirley, oh what fun that would be! I love this card, that Josie button card is so adorable and all the sewing accents look so cool! Beautiful work and card! :)
Hello Shirley~
Yes I must agree Amy is awesome, she is a good tutorial instructor on her videos.
Anyhoo your card is adorable, luv this Josie button card...It is so very pretty indeed!
Love your Josie button card Shirley!!! I agree too that Amy's copic coloring videos are awesome! Your coloring looks fantastic.
Wow, what an absolutely adorable peice of work! Love everything!
Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter.
Oh my gosh! This is too cute! I LOVE this!
Wow, Shirley...your creative brain just continues to amaze me! This button card is really over the top...I LOVE all the details of this! Such a neat idea to make buttons out of your digital images and put them on a button card together with your sewing notions...the price tag idea is just so adorable!!!! LOVE IT!
AWW!! Shirley, this is such a clever design hun!! LOVE your colors and fabulous layout!!! ;)
Wonderful creation Shirl!! love the elements you have added to make this card pop!
Oh Shirley! This is so way cute! You will make Amy so proud using her image not once but 4x! :) And, they are colored beautifully! Great job with all the wonderful details!
What a lovely card! Loved the coloring and all the techniques used in it. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter. hugs, Frances.
aww this is just too cute! she looks so cute as a button!
this is just adorable! you are so creative! have a great week shirley!
beautiful coloring with Josie!!! i think i need to get them! =) love love the details and design. fabulous card, Shirley! off to check out Amy's videos! =)
Your card is so creative and adorable! Thanks for joining us on SRU!
Just when I think your last card was your best one ever, you come up with one that amazes me again. I love, love, love all the attention you put on the details. Everything works so well together. Your coloring just keeps getting better and better. I definiely will watch the video because I want to get better too. Thank you so much for being a creative mentor for me.
Hi Shirley! Oh this is so beautiful! Your colouring totally ROCKS and then all of your details are absolutely FABULOUS! I love that thread with the needles and the button package too! Gosh you think of everything! Wow, this is GORGEOUS!
Love,
Elise
Fabulous card love the image and the colours.
Thanks for joining us at papertake weekly.
Angie x
WOW! Oh Shirley, this is just too darn cute! Love your Josie "buttons" and goodness, all the cute details like the thread bobbin with needles, tape measure, mini buttons. The whole card and layout is just adorable and your coloring is beyond gorgeous! I just love this card!
Hugs, Cami
Such a clever way to use Josie! Love those buttons! And I can't believe you colored her FOUR TIMES--you are amazing, Shirley! Good luck with the challenges. Your card rocks!
What an adorable and pretty card! The doily and the Stick Pins with the thread are just so feminine and pretty with your buttons!
I absolutely love this card. It's cute yet elegant.
Supercute! Love the idea to turn these images in buttons.
Hugs,
Larissa
such an adorable card! I love every detail! Hugs Juls
Post a Comment