Hello sweet blogging friends, I hope you're all having a wonderful, stress-free week!
Do you remember the saying, "stop and smell the roses" or "stop and smell the flowers"? This was taken from a quote from Walter Hagen long ago, "you're only here for a short visit. Don't hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way." I really love the depth of this saying.
I went searching for this particular quote in a digi but couldn't find one so mine is just computer generated--not very professional, but the meaning is there, lol. I colored her with copic markers and went over the entire image with antique linen distress ink to give her a more vintage look, as her colors were initially much too bright for the DP. The image was stamped on the DP first and then layered with the cut piece on top. I'll be entering this in the ATS Challenge - Anything Goes and Stamp Something Challenge - Summer Fun Something.
Thanks so much for looking, have a wonderful day/evening!
26 comments:
Hi Shirley!
How are you? Once again, you cards are soo beautiful!!! I love it! It's so sweet and elegant! That Tim Holtz easel die is pretty neat and now on my wish list ;o)
Thank you for the inspiration!
Big Hugs, Maribeth
Love your beautiful, adorable card Shirley. Now I need that die.
luv
Debby
This is gorgeous Shirley! You've really captured the sweet, soft feel of a spring day and I love your sentiment...it could so easily be a stamp! Beautiful, beautiful card!
OMG Shirley~
Hi 5 on your card... SK my fav too!
You did a awesome job on your card.. a cute sentiment too.
Have a great day!
Hugs my friend~
OMG, what a sweet card. I love the softness in the colors too.
Wow Shirley!! This is such a wonderful gift to give out!! I've not seen these easels before!! They would be easy to mail too!!
Beautiful work and a stunning image with your coloring as well!! Such a beautiful keepsake!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS :)
Another pretty card Shirley! Love all the pastel colors you used. What a cute image too!
Beautiful!! Wow, just stunning!!
BEAUTIFUL!!!!! The card is so feminine and you colored the image beautifully! Awesome job! I too want the easel die! Sigh, I need to hold off, been buying craft supplies left and right. LOL!
Hi Shirley, How sweet of you to make a link to my blog. I'm glad so many of your readers will be looking for the die. It really is a useful one. I love what you did with it. Your soft colors make me think of a summer day in Paris. The linen distress ink is one I need to try because I admire the look you achieved. I agree with your sentiment because we all are really rushing around too much.
Wonderful, wonderful Shirley! I'm always so happy to see your creations . . . so soft and so vintagy! You are my idol! Thanks for the link to Lynn's blog. I'll check it out and may become a follower! :) Hope all is well Shirl.
Ooooooo! Shirley! This is like .. wow wow wow!!! Such softness, prettiness, simply ... GORGEOUS! I love the dainty feel of this, the sweet precious colors, and your sentiment is so true!!! I love it!!!
Much Love,
Elise
Your card is stunning! Love everything about it!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at All That Scraps!
Tons Of Hugs, Dangina
so beautiful! love the elegant look and your coloring!
Hi Shirley! This is soo pretty! Your soft colors and gorgeous flowers are just amazing! Love that die! Sounds like a great purchase! Have a wonderful weekend!
hugs,
Grace
such a beautiful thing to have sitting on your desk! and thanks for the reminder... yes, we definitely need to stop and smell the flowers! have a great weekend!
Always love seeing your creations! Love your style!
Gorgeous card, Shirley!
Hugs and smiles
so precious Shirley! Love the easel backing!
Beautiful card again, Shirley. She's colored so beautifully and the pretty DPs in soft colors suits her perfectly, along with that sentiment. I have that easel die and you've just reminded me to take it out and get using it! Such an inspiration you are!
Hugs, Cami
This is so pretty, Shirley! I love that easel and the vintage look of your card! The flowers are perfect there and your computer generated sentiment is genius! Hope you're having a great weekend!
Such beautiful serene colors - the cluster of flowers in the corner are perfect with that fab image. Thank you for joining the ATS challenge this week.
such a beautiful scene! love the sentiment, too. and the easel die look so fun, it would certainly make displaying cards easier. i may have to put it on my wish list. =) i adore your gorgeous card, Shirley!
Ooh such a pretty card! Love it! Your sentiment is just perfect too :) Wish i hadn't stopped by now though as i think iam needing that tim holtz easel die...lol
Many thanks for joining us over at ALL THAT SCRAPS!
Shaz x
Wow, this is fabulous! Love the design, embellishments and papers you used! Hugs, Karen
P.S. If you have time to stop by, I'm giving away some blog candy!
And what a beautiful desktop plaque she is!!! Stunning pastels, so delicate and sweet!!!
hugs, stephanne
Post a Comment