Friday, September 2, 2011
Manga Girl
Are you ready for the weekend? For us in the US, it's a 3-day holiday weekend and I've been busy getting ready for our annual family camp that starts tomorrow. I remember I used the term camp very loosly last year and had to clarify later that we "camp" in a two-story beach house--not in the wild outdoors roughing it in tents as some of you thought, lol.
Before I go off on my holiday, I wanted to enter my notebook in the Simon Says Stamp and Show and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and also join in on their Stamp-tember Blog Hop and Treasure Hunt. The theme is Anything Goes so it can't get any easier than that. This sweet image is called Sugar Nellie Manga Girl #1 from Funky Kits, the DP is My Minds Eye Be Loved.
Well, I've got to make this short as I have a hop and a treasure hunt to get to before my weekend starts. Have a fun and safe holiday weekend my friends and thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 comments:
Super sweet image and gift... thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp-tember Hop and Challenge...
Such a cute project!
That's my kind of "camping" too! Have fun!
Adorable, love the colour palette. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge. Tracy x
Oh Shirley!! Your notebook is DARLING!! :) I love your colors and the image is colored so beautifully my dear!! Hope you enjoy your weekend!! HUGS
Luv your image and that notebook is so pretty....great layout too!
Have fun on your "camp"...
Beautiful!! your coloring is gorgeous as always and the papers are awesome!
what a wonderful notebook! have fun "camping"...
I love how you mixed the vintage colors with the manga-like character...it works surprisingly well! Thanks for giving the link to the Sugar Nellie stamp site. I now have more stamps to add to my wish list...I guess that mine is a must-have list. LOL!
Your notebook so pretty! Love the color combo! And your image is so sweet! Thank you for your inspiration! Have a great holiday weekend!
Big Hugs,
Maribeth :D
This is a lovely altered notebook, Shirley! She is so cute and beautifully colored, as always! Enjoy your "luxury" camping weekend! That's my kind of style...can't do without the "facilities" LOL!
Hugs, Cami
Okay, I love your "style" of camping a lot better than what my hubby suggests! lol! Peeing in the woods and cooking on a campfire is just not for me anymore! lol!!! I definitely need a lever to push when I use the bathroom, and I love the idea that fire ignites with a turn of a knob! hahaha!!!
Well this project of your is just DARLING! I love the bright happy colors!!! And you've coloured this manga girl so BEAUTIFULLY!!! Wow Shirley! You always try all kinds of projects and each one turns out GORGEOUS!
Love,
Elise
very cute notebook. she is so cute and love the colors! have fun camping! sounds fun!
Oh so cute. Love how you designed your notebook. Hope you had LOTS of fun camping.
beautiful notebook cover, Shirley! love the adorable image and the paper you used. so cute and pretty! hope you have a wonderful time at the family camp!
Beautiful altered notebook Shirley, love those papers and she is such a cutie!
Hehehe, I remember being one of those last year that thought you were roughing it out camping! The beach house is so much better of an adventure in my book! Hope you enjoyed your camping weekend! :)
what a sweet book! I haven't used my sugar nellie stamps in a while. glad someone is :) thanks for the support and encouragement! have a wonderful end of the week! take care and big hugs!
Very darling! A little girl would treasure this. I hope you enjoyed your holiday!
I remember this manga girl, and I think I may have her, too! Love your notebook--what a great idea! Hope you have a great upcoming weekend!
Hi Shirley, She is adorable and the journal is awesome too!
What a darling Journal Shirley!! Love your design and the gorgeous coloring and layout!
hugs,
Chris
Love this altered notebook, Shirl! Your expert copic coloring, paper selection and all the matching embellies you've added show that you have quite the creative eye for color and balance coordination. No wonder all your projects turn out so beautifully! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!
Very lovely book! Love the design paper youused and the image is really sweet.
I hope you had a fabulous time on your camping trip!
Hugs,
Larissa
Gorgeous, beautiful book. Hope you had a great weekend. Kim
so cute Shirley! I love this paper collection and you've colored up this cutie so perfectly! love it! Hope you're having a wonderful Fall!
Love your notebook, what a great combo of papers! Hugs Juls
Post a Comment