Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Make a Child Smile!


Hi there, hope all's well with you!   Everything's good here, I just took a little break from blogland to get some things done and didn't realize that almost a whole month flew by since my last post.   

I had such a hard time getting back into card-making groove again--couldn't even color right, ugh!   But I was determined to make at least a couple of cards for a card drive.  You can read all about it here on Kris' blog, it's sure to touch your heart too.   Thanks to Kris and her aunt, they'll be a lot of big smily faces this Christmas!    (Kris, I'll be putting it in the mail today.)



Both of these images are from the Penny Black "Mimi's Christmas" set, the sentiment is from Savvy Stamps.   There were rules to follow--nothing that could fall or be rubbed off--so no glitters or embellies were used on these cards.  

I CASEd Vicky's adorable penguin card, you can see her video here.   Just love those Lily Pad how-to videos, enjoy the music!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

28 comments:

Amy said...

These are adorable Shirley! Your coloring is awesome, you haven't lost your touch at all! Love the images and the cute papers you've used with each! Gotta say, the penguins' snowman card is my fave...can't go wrong with that combination! :)
Hope you are having a great week!

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi there Shirley~
Hope you are all rested and caught up with all your accomplishments...
Great set of cards, my fav is the penguins.... love the colors and they sure will be bringing tons of smiles to all those keikis' out there.....

Lynn said...

AW! Shirley those cards are adorable and will be smile getters in the Kris' card drive. I haven't taken down my Christmas stuff yet...in fact my autumn stuff are just being unpacked. Thanks for giving me a much needed nudge.

Unknown said...

These are just too sweet!

Jenny said...

So cute Shirley! I like Mimi too. I'm sure the kids will love this card!

Cami said...

Both of your cards are so cute, Shirley! No! You haven't lost your touch for coloring. This is a great card drive to help Kris. I haven't finished the cards I'll be sending to her so I'd better get a move on. Your post title really caught my eye because I just bought a stamp that says, "A child's smile is one of life's greatest blessings" and this is so true. I've missed your absence!
Hugs, Cami

debby4000 said...

Absolutely adorable cards Shirley
luv
Debby

Juls said...

such cute cards!!!

1LuvnMama said...

Hi Shirl! I've been pretty absent myself and have tons to catch up on . . . been really busy and the family has been ill. After this week, I'll be catching up on the blogs. Your Mimi card is adorable and that penguin card just cracks me up . . . yes, the music is so catchy! :)

Creative Grammie said...

Hi Shirley,
Both cards are so cute! Love your coloring.
TFS

kris said...

Missed you and your creations but you've surely come back with a bang! the cards are so sweet and i THANK YOU very much for joining the many kind hearts in my card drive!! =D can't wait to see what else you've been hiding! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh Shirley!! I've missed seeing your lovely creations, so I'm glad to see that you've made some here!! :) They are absolutely adorable too!! Love the papers and colors on the top one and penguins are a fave!! Such a darling image!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Elise said...

Hi Shirley! These will be SURE to brighten up a child's day! Love the wintery colors .. makes me anxious for the Holidays to arrive! :) Such DARLING images and you always do WONDERFUL things with them!

Love,
Elise

Janie Printz said...

Shirley these adorable cards would brighten up anyones day !!! They are just the cutest thing ever & what a wonderful thing for you to do. Would love to do that also.
Hugs, Janie

r4i said...

Both of your cards are so cute, Shirley! No! You haven't lost your touch for coloring. I started my work before two days and just now not completed it. I will sure to share in my personal blog.

renate50 said...

Das sind 2 wunderschöne Weihnachtskarten - sehr gelungen!Bei dir bekomme ich immer gleich gute Anregungen, die Farbigkeit und die Motive gefallen mir immer sehr gut! Renate

eunice said...

Looks to me like you are well back into the groove of creating the most adorable cards again! Fell in love with these cutie Christmas cards...they will be perfect companions to Kris' sweet dolls!

Pam Sparks said...

so glad you're back Shirley! Time does fly way too fast, doesn't it?!!! Adorable cards! Love your sweet, charming Mimi creation and the penguins are so cool! : ) Love them both!

Sue from Oregon said...

Been missing you! Glad to see you back with this outstanding creation! Such lovely coloring!

Brenda said...

these are so beautiful! it will definitely put a smile on anyone's face! and btw: your coloring is perfect! you could color in your sleep and it will still be amazing!

Cyndi said...

very cute cards and for a great cause! way to go shirley!

SuiLan said...

Hey Shirley, great job on the two cards. They both are super cute!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What sweet cards Shirley!! I just love your penguins and the background your created with the trees and snow!! Awesome coloring!! The dp and colors are perfect together on the first!!
hugs,
Chris

Alice said...

awww.... these are super duper cute, Shairly!! LOVE your coloring on the images and the designs are fabulous! i missed seeing your work. =) hope you are well and hope you have a lovely week!

Stephanie said...

Your colouring is perfect Shirley & these cards are fabulous....I know what you mean about finding it hard to get back into it after a beak, I'm the same but I hope you don't leave it too long before posting again :) xxx

Elizabeth Allan said...

Shirley these are a pair of cuties! Wonderful coloring and great designs.

Larissa said...

Both these cards are really adorable, although it is a buit frustrating for me to see them. I know I bought this stampset and I just ca find it anywhere at my home and I really want to make a card with it. Very stupid of me!! ;)

Your colouring is still fabulous, although you write that you had some problems with it. I love the adorable dp you used behind Mimi.

Hugs,
Larissa

Shirley said...

She is just too too precious for words and those penguins are so sweet and fun too!