When I purchased this cute little digi from Make it Crafty a few days ago, I knew just the sentiment I wanted to pair him up with. I bought this Studio G sentiment from Ben Franklin last year and a few days ago, got me a whole bunch more--they're so cute and inexpensive, it's hard not to buy them all.
I had such a frustrating time coloring this little guy's hat with my copic pens that after 3 tries, I just gave up and glittered it all up instead. It actually turned out for the best, lol (now I can laugh about it but at that time grrrr), because I can now enter this in Simon Says Stamp Challenge which is "Sparkle and Bling". See the smoke coming out of the smokestack? (bottom right, click to see) That's my bling. And since it's "Anything Goes" at Papertake Weekly Challenge, I'll be linking this up with their challenge as well to join in on their birthday celebration. Happy 4th Birthday Papertake Weekly!
The recipe:
Stamp: Make it Crafty, Zippy Digi; Studio G sentiment
Paper: Basic Grey - Eskimo Kisses, Manila
Ink: Memento, Copic
Other: Prismacolor pencils, Spellbinders and Die-namics dies, Martha Stewart train punch, bakers twine, buttons, adhesive rhinestones, pop dots
Thank you so much for looking and for your lovely comments,
take care and have a great weekend!
26 comments:
Yay! I'm first (I hope!). Oh Shirley, such a fun, adorable, humorous card and your coloring is beautiful! I like this jester's hat all sparkled up! That sentiment is SO cute! Aha! I see the pretty rhinestone smokestack coming out of your cute choo-choo train border! Very nicely done and an awesome card!
Hugs, Cami
oh what a perfect pair Shirley! That glittery jesters hat is too fun. I think this sentiment and image were meant for each other!
Das ist ja ein lustiger Santa - er ähnelt dem deutschen Till Eulenspiegel ! Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland von Renate
super, super cute Shirley! Great elf coloring and delightful designing! love it! Love the train on the bottom... I used that a couple years ago for a boy card and love it... need to use it more! Like everything else! ugh! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!
hahhahahahahahaha!!!!!! I love this Shirley!!!!!!!! And I have no idea what you're talking about your colouring! Woman, you color FABULOUSLY!!!!!!! I totally love the sentiment .. something my little boy would say. LOL! Love all the colors .. this is simply GORGEOUS Shirley! You so rocked this card!
Much Love,
Elise
That is a really cool image! and cute too!! love the sentiments! i just found mine, gonna try and use it this year... hehe!
Gorgeous card! Love the train border.
lovely cute Christmas card and fabby papers.
Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly
Angie x
very fun card! cute image and great coloring!
Super cute card Shirley !!! Love that little train border which is perfect on there & that jester image is such a fun one. Your coloring is beautiful (still trying to figure out what you meant by that as it's amazing)!!! Always look forward to seeing your newest addition on here.
Janie
Cute, cute, cute. Love the sentiment too. Made me chuckle.
Oh Shirley, this card is too cute. I just love that little guy.
Oh how cute Shirley!! I just love the adorable image, the added sparkle and the layout!! Fun sentiment. Darling Christmas card with awesome coloring!!
Wow Shirley - love this card....
love the trains on the botton and great layout of your card....very cute....
lol I love that sentiment Shirley, I should put it on my front door for christmas for Santa to read lol...stunning card as always...thanks for the wonderful comment you left on my Sugar Nellie blog hop card
Mina xxx
He is so cute Shirley and I love his glittered hat! Love your paper mix and the two buttons in the corner, so cute! That's one of my fave sentiments and I just bought a bunch more Studio G's when I went to the big city too! :) Love your card!
Wow I LOVE the sparkle and bling you used chick. A really lovely card and such pretty colours too :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge. Hugs, Dawny x
Oh Shriley, this is fabulous! I luv the sentiment and your hat came out perfect . . . then again, everything on this card is perfect! Counting down the days? I'm thrilled for ya! :)
Oh Shirley.... this is just too cute! I love the image and how well you colored it! You may have had trouble but it sure doesn't show!!! Love this sentiment.... great layout! Hope you are having a wonderful week!
hugs,
Grace
beautiful coloring on the image and i love his glittery hat! such a beautiful and festive holiday card, Shirley!
This is a very adorable card! Love that sweet image and your colouring is so gorgeous! Love that sentiment!
Hugs,
Larissa
Hi Shirley!! WOW!! This card is super adorable hun!!! LOVE the added sparkle and your coloring is fabulous!! Darling card!! Hope everything is well with you!! HUGS
I love the sentiment! Too cute! This is definitely a "wow" card!
so cute Shirley! love the image, the sentiment and all the added detail. love that border punch too! way to get ready for Christmas! I don't know where to start! hope you have a good weekend! can't wait till my renovations are done...don't I sound like a broken record! lol!
Wow, Shirley this holiday card is so FAB! Your copic coloring skills just blow me away...and I just LOVE all the added details that make this card so SPECIAL. The perfect sentiment...the glitter... the adorable train border...and smoky bling...all I can say is WOW!
What a totally adorable card, Shirley, and the glitter worked great! Love that sentiment too!
Post a Comment