Thursday, October 27, 2011

You glow girl!


(Warning, long post!)  Gosh, it's been almost a month since I last posted and it looks like I'm trying to make up for lost time with this one post, lol! 

Time is flying by, but this time it can't go by fast enough for me.  You see, son #2 is expecting his first born middle of November and we're just counting the days waiting for our precious little prince to arrive!

The mini journal you see above was made for my DIL with the thought that she could have something to record her notes in whenever she went to the doctor or to her prenatal classes.   The image I used is called Pregabella by Stamping Bella.  I used copics and prismacolor pencils to color her, the DP is Lost & Found by My Mind's Eye.


Here's a page from the journal.
  The onesie was cut with a Die-namics die from My Favorite Things.

We had a surprise baby shower for our "Miss Pregabella" this past Saturday and DIL #1 did a fabulous job planning and hosting the event.   The theme was baby jungle animals and everything was adorably decorated and color coordinated from the banners on down to even the drinking straws.  Here are some pictures from the shower, I hope you can click on the pics for a closer view:



the deserts and the diaper cake
  



















the favors, one for each guest...


25 of them!

...and, if you're still with me, lol, a kleenix box that I made for the baby's room:




The images are Zoo Babies Digital Doodles from KPM Doodles at Etsy.  I colored them with distressed inks.

Things have been quite hectic lately--cleaning up the spare room to turn it into a day-time nursery (I'll be baby sitting full time when mom goes back to work) and then with the shower--so I haven't had much time to craft or visit you in blogland.  And after baby comes, my crafting/blogging days will probably come to a crashing halt, lol!   We shall see...

Thank you so much for staying with me throughout this long post.  Have a safe and Happy Halloween everyone!

24 comments:

Creative Grammie said...

First, congrats to you and your family with the soon to be new member of the family.
Second, you'll still be able to craft, just not when you want, 'cause you'll be dead tired and you'll just want to put your feet up and relax. LOL! I know, I have 8 GCs aiyaiyai.
Those are wonderful things you made for the shower. I love the theme, the cute animals are so darling.
Happy Halloween to you too!

Janie Printz said...

Congrats on the new baby coming & what wonderful things you've made for the DIL & the shower ... I admire you for getting to care for that new bundle of joy but hope you will have a little time for making cards .. You make the cutestest things & it would be so disappointing to not share that talent with us ...
Hugs, Janie

renate50 said...

Wunderbar die Karte mit dem Ultraschall-Bild von Baby! Der Stempel mit der werdenen jungen Mutter gefällt mir gut! Na und erst die leckeren Süssigkeiten - aber die Idee mit den süssen Tieren im Gras-Blumentopf ist super! Liebe Grüße von Renate aus Deutschland

Lynn said...

Wow! Shirley you've been busy making gorgeous things for your DIL and the new baby. I really hope we'll still see you in blogland after you become a babysitter/grandmother. The parents-to-be are very lucky you are so generous with your time. Enjoy this exciting time in your life.

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congrats to you and your family dear Shirley!! :) You've made so many gorgeous things for the baby!! I really love the images and colors you've used on the box!! Enjoy time with your family hun!! HUGS :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Grammie Shirley~
Congrats to you and #2 son... How lucky a lil prince and their first born too.....Everyone must be glowing for that special day to come....Anywho I love all those creations you did for your DIL wow such a sweet MIL.... Such a cute jungle theme I bet his nursery must be filled with alot of stuff animals too..
Hugs my friend.....

kris said...

oh wow!!! that is huge news!!! Congrats Shirley!!! and to your kiddies too! Wonderful, wonderful sharings!! love the favors, so CUTE!

Pam Sparks said...

Fabulous Shirley! All of it! This is so exciting and so happy for you! Love how you designed the notebook and the kleenex holder... treasures for sure!

Elise said...

Oooh my dear Shirley! I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am for all of you! Congratulations on another grandbaby .. this little prince is going to be spoiled silly!!! And that's the way it should be! hehehe!!! :)

Your DIL'S are SO lucky to have you! And I totally agree .. DIL #1 did such a FABULOUS job with the Baby Shower! Look at all of those goodies! Wowoooowww!!!

And your project for DIL#2 .. oh my goodness! What a MIL you are! You are just the most SWEETEST MIL ever!!!!!!!! And I LOVE that picture of the little guy in his ultrasound! Awwwwwwwwww!!!!! PRECIOUS!!!!

Thank you for sharing all of this Shirley!!! Oh my .. he is going to be here in a short time!! :) Yayyyyyyyyyy!

Much Love,
Elise

Danni said...

How exciting!!! Wonderful creations!!

1LuvnMama said...

Jumping for joy! :) A HUG CONGRATS on the upcoming arrival of baby boy . . . I know you are beaming from ear to ear! The day will soon approach and your family's lives will forever be changed (in a wonderful way)! I know you'll be busy watching baby but I'm sure you'll be back, crafting when time allows. You have mad talent and I will be so sad to not see your creations. Luv, luv all the party favors and centerpieces. So creative, plus your wonderful tissue box holder is so darn adorable! I still marvel at the one you made for Asa . . . it's in his room and I do use it. Take care Shirley and please let me know when baby arrives! :) Can't wait to see the little guy!

Joy said...

Congratulations, Shirley! Wow, everything for the Baby Shower looked fabulous and your Kleenex box cover is too cute!

What a nice way to celebrate the holidays with a new member of the family! Bless you and your family!

Amy said...

What happy news, big Congrats Shirley!
Love the theme of the baby shower and decorations are outstanding...your whole family must be blessed with the crafty gene! The journal you made for your dil is such a thoughtful and great idea, love the image and sentiment on the cover...too cute!
And the kleenex box you made is adorable and also so useful! You are one of those grandma's everybody wants to have! :)

Cami said...

Congrats on the soon to be new addition to the family! This is really exciting and what a lovely shower you all had for DIL #2! Your journal is beautiful and I'm sure she's already started jotting down notes in there. What a keepsake this is. DIL #1 did a fab job on the shower! So much details went into all the favors and table setting! You're a wonderful MIL and you'll have many blissful hours watching your GS. Knowing you, tho' you'll find bits of time to craft!
Congrats to the whole family!

eunice said...

Big Congratulations to you and your family, Shirley! Thank you for sharing all the wonderful gifts and favors from little prince's baby shower... everything's so adorably cute & creative!!! Enjoy spending time with your precious grandson...you will never regret a moment. When things get settled and you have time to craft again, we'll still be here waiting to be inspired by all the wonderful things you create!

SuiLan said...

Wow that was such a cute baby shower!
And I love the albumn... love the soft blue and brown!

Alice said...

Congratulations to your family, Shirley! hope the little prince arrives safe and healthy. love love the journal idea. so thoughtful and the party decor is fabulous indeed! your baby kleenix box is too cute! love it! thanks for the update and gold to know that all is well. =) big hugs, and hope you have a lovely weekend!

Cyndi said...

wow, love your card and the tissue holder! super cute! and congrats! how exciting! hope you can still find time to craft!

Larissa said...

Your little book is really lovely. I bet your DIL loved it. The tissue box is really adorable.

Hugs,
Larissa

Grace said...

Hi Shirley! So good to see you post! Congrats on this new soon to be born grandson!!! How fun for you all!!! Love the journal you made with pregabella! Love the shower theme... and what a cute tissue box! Enjoy every minute of this special time Grandma!!!
hugs,
Grace

Stephanie said...

Yikes, you've obviously been busy in that month - all fantastic projects & congrats on your son's imminent arrival :) x

Joy said...

WOW! wonderful card and sweet kleenex box! love the favors too! what are those things growing in the pot? I know your DIL loved it! have a great week!

Nicola said...

Congratulations Shirley, wow you sure have made awesome gifts and your daughter in law must be over the moon with them.Love Pregabella, such a wonderful keepsake of this happy event. Ooh the favors, desserts and diaper cake are awesome and the kleenex box is as sweet as can be.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Shirley said...

Your card is just too too cute and pretty too! Also love your gifts and wonderful kleenex box for his room too! What fun getting ready for a baby is!