Monday, December 19, 2011

Penny Black Christmas


5 more days till Christmas, are we stressing yet?    I'm trying not to but it's coming way too fast for me!

Thought I'd just pop in to quickly share a clean and simple card that I made.  This 5" square embossed card and envelope set (by Lasting Impressions I think) that I had for many years made it easy--stamped the sentiment (KaiserCraft "Christmas Sentiments"), attached the chickadees (Penny Black "Winter Wonderland") and the mistletoe (CC Designs Cutter) and it was done!

Thanks for stopping by, hope you're having a wonderful stress-free week!  Happy Holidays!

15 comments:

Lynn said...

You did a wonderful job on a CAS card. The subtle details like the embossed background and use of just the right colors are what make the card a winner. Thank you for sharing your talent and the sources of the products.

renate50 said...

Wunderschön !!! Du hast das richtige romantische Weihnachtsgefühl (auch ohne Schnee) und sehr elegant! Renate wünscht dir und der Familie ein Frohes Fest!

Creations by Shirl said...

love those cute chickadees, and that sentiment is just so soft and precious....Great CAS card Shirley!
Have a very Merry Xmas and it's also a joyful time with your first grandson too.....

Amy said...

Those chickadees make darling Santas and the sentiment is perfect! Gotta love a card base that just needs a little sprucing up! This is awesome, Shirley!

Unknown said...

This is just too cute! Happy Holiday!

Joy said...

What a sweet card! Love the little chickadees, absolutely too cute!

Happy Holidays!

Elise said...

Kay, I totally didn't realize it's only 5 days away!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes! Shirley! Oh my gosh, I still have so much to do!!!!!!! What in the WORLD?!

sigh .. well, your card is a nice surprise for me .. I'm so happy to see another lovely creation from you! I looooove how everything is crisp white and then the bold colors of red splashes on there! It gives me an elegant feel! I absolutely LOVE it! And then you cut out those chicky's?!!!!!!!!! ai ya yai .. if it were me .. those chicky's would be missing some body parts .. namely their little cute feet and probably even their tail! That looks tough to cut! Wow you ROCK!

Much Love,
Elise

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card and love those birds.
luv
Debby

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh, the chickadees are soooooo CUTE and I just LOVE the sentiment.
Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Juls said...

gorgeous!! I adore these cute little images, and the bling on the holly! Hugs Juls

Grace said...

Oh Shirley this is so cute!!! I wanted to stop by and wish you a very Merry Christmas and most happy and blessed New Year!!!
hugs,
Grace

Alice said...

this is soooooo cute, Shirley! love the clean design. fabulous card! thanks for the gorgeous card, too! =) wishing you and yours a sweet and wonderful holiday!

Shirley said...

So fun and pretty too!

Pam Sparks said...

Lovin' this CAS card you created Shirley! I know... CAS still means it takes hours to make! That's how it is for me anyway! lol Super cute and love that mistletoe die and ribbon you used with the cute couple!

Larissa said...

Such a lovely card Shirley! Love the cute birdies and the embossing is fabulous.

Hugs,
Larissa