Saturday, December 10, 2011
Two Turtle Doves
Is it really only 2 more weeks till Christmas? The days went by so slowly when we were waiting for the birth of our grandson, but time's flying by so quickly now! My Christmas tree is still sitting in a bucket out in the patio and I have so many more Christmas cards to make! When is the deadline for mailing? Oh my, I feel a panic attack coming on, lol. Can I blame it all on sweet grandbaby Tate? He's so precious I tell you!
The images I stamped on my card today are Belles 'n Whistles "Two Turtle Doves" and La Blanche "Fantasy" using the masking technique (for more on this technique, see Alice's fabulous masking tutorial here). I colored her with Copics and lightly sponged around the inner edges of the Nestie die with Old Paper Distress Ink and the outer edges of the DP/CS with Picket Fence Crackle Paint. My tag was punched out from the Glitter Paper Pad and the rest of the DP is from Webster's Pages. I glittered the flowers and leaves with Stickles so I could enter my card in the B 'n W Challenge "Sparkle" for fun. Oh, and just in case you want her too, this adorable image is now on sale at the Belles 'n Whistles store ;)
That's it for me today, I know you're also busy busy busy with the holidays. Take a deep breath and enjoy the holiday season! And for all your sweet congratulatory comments and emails on the birth of our grandbaby Tate and for sharing in the joy with me, a huge THANK YOU! MWAH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
This Chrismas-card is so beautiful!!! Das Stempelmotiv mit dem Mädchen und den Vögeln ist seh´r gut coloriert. Die Farben des Papiers, der Schleife, der wunderbaren Blüte - alles sehr harmonisch! Ich wünsche dir einen besinnlichen 3. Advent! Renate
Sw3eet...beautiful! Wonderful coloring as usual!
Your Christmas card is so lovely and elegant!
This is beautiful Shirley! Love the sheet music background and the gorgeous rose and ribbon are so perfect with her!
Tate is a lucky li'l boy to have a grandma like you, I know you're enjoying every minute you can with him! :)
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Hello Shirley~
Lovely card, great image and awesome coloring.... love the pretty flower too. I'm sure you are spoiling your precious GS like crazy... Must be so nice to have a new baby in the family too.
Happy Holiday's to you & your family...
Keep safe during the holidays!
hugs to you :)
What a gorgeous christmas card and such a lovely image!
Hugs Gisela from germany
This is a sensational card. I love all the details, especially the color palette. Your card gave me an idea of what to do with the music sheet stamp I bought awhile ago. Thanks! You are blessed with both a grandson and artistic talent..lucky you! Holiday Hugs!
Love your gorgeous card Shirley.
Luv
Debby
Beautiful card! That's ok, enjoy your time with your new grandson! How exciting and in time for the holidays!
My dear Shirley .. you take all the time you want to just enjoy Tate! Don't even think about blogging .. it's the last thing that you should think about! lol!
I must say that your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love the deep rich colors of the reds/blues and greens .. absolutely feel the season of Christmas on this gorgeous card of yours! And I love how you stamped something in the background!
Take well care Shirley! Enjoy that little snug bug all that you can while he's still little .. cause before you know it .. he'll be off playing with his friends! ;)
Much Love,
Elise
this is so beautiful, Shirley! love the background and the design is so pretty! gorgeous card! enjoy your time with the precious grand baby! =)
This is such an adorable card Shirley! You have a great coloring technique.
Isn't it fun to have a grandchild! And see, you're still fitting in time to create!
A very Merry Christmas to you and your family!
xo
What a beautiful card!The colors and the way you colored the image is so perfect! Love the rose , it adds just a wonderful touch!
Hope you're having agreat week!
Gorgeous card! :)
so sweet Shirley! Beautiful coloring and masking!
This is a very, very beautiful card Shirley :) x
Oh how sweet and beautiful Shirley!! Your coloring of this cute image is perfect!! Love the colors too!!
hugs,
Chris
what a wonderful card! love the color combo and how sweet it looks! you create such wonderful and fabulous cards! hope you have a blessed merry Christmas!!!
fab!!! I love the music detail in the background! Hugs Juls
So pretty! I love the colors and your coloring is great!
Post a Comment