Monday, January 30, 2012

From the Heart

Stamps:  Tilda w/heart; HOTP Edges and Borders;
MFT & Whiff of Joy sentiments.  Coluzzle hearts;
 copics; prismacolor pencils; twine; kraft CS; BoBunny DP

Amy did a video recently on how she puts a card together.  When she shared her out-of-the-frame cutting technique using her coluzzle, I thought it was pure genius.   I was so excited after watching her that I had to give it a try.  Luckily I had a heart-shaped coluzzle so was able to make another Valentine card while I was at it.   I agree with you, Amy, I thought it was so much easier and faster using a coluzzle than a nestabilities die.   Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous tip!   Watch Amy's video here (the last video shows her cutting technique).

Some fun challenges:

Thanks so much for looking, have a great week!  XOXO!

26 comments:

Nicola said...

Awe Tilda is adorable with your fab colouration Shirley and I love your heart coluzzle die with the beautiful stamped, pearl and ribbon detail.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Mandy said...

Shirley your card is adorable and absolutely gorgeous, you have coloured sweet Tilda beautifully :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my word Shirley!! This is absolutely stunning!! Your coloring is amazing and I love the red with the kraft colors!! So great to be seeing your wonderful creations again!! BIGGEST HUGS!!!

Pam Sparks said...

another favorite Shirley!!! My true love...red and kraft! awesome! I love my coluzzles too! They come out and play now and then...hehe Gorgeous coloring and Tilda designing Shirley! I LOVE your card!

Tammi said...

Sooo pretty Shirley! Love the crisp colors and bit of red swirl on top. ~hugs

Creations by Shirl said...

Hello Grams~
Love your Tilda card.... Just breath taking, love your color choices and the way your twine with the button and ribbon... so so cute.....

debby4000 said...

Oh Shirley this so cute and absolutely gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Janie Printz said...

Awww Shirley, this Tilda is totally precious !!! I don't think I've seen her but you have colored her beautifully & sure make me want to run right out & buy this little cutie.
Big hugs from Montana, Janie

Janie Printz said...

Awww Shirley, this Tilda is totally precious !!! I don't think I've seen her but you have colored her beautifully & sure make me want to run right out & buy this little cutie.
Big hugs from Montana, Janie

Cyndi said...

very fabulous card! she's adorable!

Elise said...

Whhhhaaa?! How in the world did I miss this on my thumbnails?!!! Okay, I am so happy to see a post from you my dear! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Wow wow wow, look at the colors! And Tilda is FABULOUS! I totally am lovin' this!

Much Love,
Elise

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aw!! Darling!! I just love the layout with the heart and the placement of the image etc. Beautiful work Shirley!!
hugs,
Chris

Stephanie said...

This is a beauty Shirley! Isn't it wonderful what we can learn from fellow crafters? Have a great weekend :) x

Alice said...

this is so sweet and beautiful, Shirley! darling card. love love it! off to check out Amy's tutorial. hope you have a beautiful weekend, my friend! =)

SuiLan said...

Your card came out great... I love it!

Ruth Ann Hunter said...

This card is definately a cutie! Love the way you put it together it makes the heart and Tilda just jump out at you.

hugs, Ruth Ann

Joy said...

Love the card, especially the colors! Have a great week!

Joy said...

awe...what a sweet card! I love these new tildas and you colored her so wonderfully! better than mine! love the simpleness of this card! hope you are having a wonderful week!

Amy said...

Wow, Shirley! Tilda looks AMAZING, your coloring is gorgeous! I'm so glad I inspired you to pull out your coluzzle, your design rocks...love how you've cut her out! This is a totally 'WOWZERS' card!

Shelly said...

You have some mad coloring skills, love how you used the coluzzle to "cut" it out. Beautifully done, Shirley!

Meg Farris said...

Such an adorable card! Thanks for joining the MSL challenge!

Joy said...

Hi Shirley,

Well, you alreqdy know that I really love this card.

Just wanted to let you know, I have an award waiting for you, check it out

http://joyofcrafting.blogspot.com/2012/02/im-so-lucky-to-have-met-so-many.html

donna mikasa said...

Super cute Valentine, Shirley! The out of the frame technique worked really well for you, too. Hope you are well and it's great to see you crafting in between babysitting!

Cyndi said...

Just letting you know I have an award for you on my blog! Hope all is well!

Alice said...

thank you for stopping by my blog, Shirley! hope you are doing well. big hugs! =)

wholesale jerseys said...

Tim Tebow Jersey