Hero Arts "Old French Writing" and Wordsworth "Just a Note" stamps,
Die-namics Notebook Edge Die
Die-namics Notebook Edge Die
Several months ago, I came across Lia Griffith's beautiful paper feathers on her blog, Handcraft Your Life. Since she generously shared her template and instructions, I was inspired to make a few feathers myself. Feathers seem to be quite popular these days.
Maile Belles' post "Perfectly Simple Lunch Notes" was my next inspiration in making this "note" card. Starting with plain white card stock, I cut out a small top-folded card with my Die-namics' Notebook Edge die and then drew in the blue and red lines with my colored pencils to make it look like composition paper.
Finally, the old French writing background was inspired by the photo inspiration from Fusion Card Challenge #17. I'm not sure if the rub-on heart is a good fit there, but I needed something to fill in the blank space, for lack of a signature.

Isn't it wonderful what you can learn from the talented and creative people in blog land. Thank you all for sharing your ideas and thank YOU for taking the time to visit my humble blog.
Have a great day! ~Shirley
18 comments:
Now this is just perfection Shirley.
I love this style of card so very much and I'm totally useless at making them, but you've done it perfectly.
A clean and simple design with the exact balance of enough white space and enough detail.
It's awesome!
And you made the feather?
I need to go and read the tutorial...thanks for sharing that!
Big hugs
Elaine xxx
This is gorgeous! I'm a big fan of Lia Griffith's and PIN a ton of her stuff but never get around to actually making the stuff....I love what you've done!
thanks for playing with us at Fusion!
Fabulous feather & gorgeous card Shirley!
Thank you for joining in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon!!!
This is beautiful!!!
Shirley I love your card and the paper feather is fabulous. Looking at it makes you want to write a note to your best friend......beautiful card. hugs, Ruth Ann
Oh, how lovely is THIS?!?! Perfection!!! (I loved Maile's little notes, too!) The feather is gorgeous...I'll have to go check that out! Thanks so much for sharing this at FUSION!!!
LOVE your fabulous card, I just had to pin it!
Thank you Therese! I can't believe I've been pinned. It's an honor, especially coming from you!
Beautiful, love that feather Shirely!
I've seen the feather tutorial and yours looks amazing, Shirley! And I love Maile's notes, too. I'm inspired to make some after seeing yours!
Your feather is just amazing - I have seen the tutorial too, but have been too intimidated to give it a try.. Your card is just fabulous!
Beautiful! The feather looks so real! Love it!
Heyyyyyyy! It was a HUGE Surprise for me to see this!!!! OooH my gosh Shirley! This is simpley BEAUUUUTIFUL! How clever and I loove that feather! (Hey .. that rhymes doesn't it? LOL!) Totally love love love this .. and is that a punch across the top? Oooh! That's so PRETTY!!!! I truly LOVE this Shirley!!! Happy to see you're having moments to craft! :)
Much Love,
Elise
An absolutely gorgeous take on the inspiration photos. I LOVE the feather! Thanks so much for playing along with us at FUSION!
I just love this card. The detail of the note paper at the top is fantastic!
This feather card is lovely. I must have missed seeing it while on a trip. Glad that I scrolled down and happened upon another splendid creation by you.
What a beautiful card! The feather is a gorgeous embellishment. I love the color too. :)
Gorgeous Shirley! WOW! I love the design, stamps and elements are stunning! So fun to come see what you've been up to! Keep making stuff!
Post a Comment