Paper Source "Cottage Bloom" stamp,
Penny Black "Celebrations" and QuicKutz "Parade" dies
I
wanted my card for my sister and brother-in-law's 50th Anniversary to have a lot of gold, shimmer
and shine. I remembered one of Yana Smakula's cards that I really loved so I CASEd her design. I love Yana's style and have been inspired by many of her
creations.
The CAS Mix Up June Challenge is Stamping + Die-cuts
+ your choice. My choice was embossing.
I
stamped and heat embossed my floral
image on Bazzill (Metallic Galaxy) cardstock with VersaMark and Wow embossing
powder (Metallic Gold Rich Pale) and used
Bazzill (Gold Leaf) cardstock to cut out my sentiment. I was happy that the only gold embossing
powder that I
had matched the
color of the gold cardstock so well.
8 comments:
Very elegant and classic card design Shirley. Your sister and BIL will love this --- congrats to them on this wonderful milestone. The richness of the dark blue pairs beautifully with the gold embossing and borders. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!
It's gorgeous Shirley, your style is always a step above the rest & this is no exception.
hugs, Janie
Gorgeous Anniversary card Shirley. I love how your gold heat embossed flowers and die cut sentiment really pop against your dark blue CS. TFS...your sister and brother-in-law will treasure your beauty. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy
Oh boy, that is on classy and elegant anniversary card. You sis and brother-in-law is sure to love it. Congrats to them.
Oh that card is sure to please the recipients. I love that blue color with the gold. You captured a very regal look. Lovely!
This is GORGEOUS, Shirley! The gold embossing on the dark blue adds the perfect drama for a 50th anniversary! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!
Gorgeous Shirley and perfect for the occasion!
Truly a beautiful and elegant card, Shirley! The gold embossed on the dark blue is gorgeous, and what a beautiful card this is for a 50th anniversary! Hugs, sweet friend!
Post a Comment