Friday, October 7, 2016

Happy Haunting

Simon Says Stamp "Only Have Eyes For You";  Inkadinkado stamp "Halloween" sentiment;
Lawn Fawn "A Birdie Told Me" die; Distress Inks; Copic Markers

My inspiration for this card came from the card challenge below and a technique that I recently learned from Jennifer McGuire--"how to create a backdrop for a stamped image".  I positioned my stamp in the Misti stamping tool and then I repeatedly stamped the spiderweb by moving my card front (not the stamp) slightly downward each time.   Before I did that, however, I masked off the sides with masking tape and ink distressed the area with Distress Inks.  I fussy cut my image to give it some dimension.


I'll be linking my card to the following challenges:

I really appreciate your visit.   Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!




5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! Great take on the sketch!

lostinpaper said...

Not One, Not Two, but Three googly eyes! How wonderful Shirley!!

Teresa Kline said...

hello shirley! this is adorable, I luv the background and cute images! I need to give this technique a try! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Lynn said...

Very clever use of the Misti...don't you just love this tool? Your card is really cute and well designed. I love being inspired by your craftiness. Thanks!

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is fantastic! Love the cute image. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)