Saturday, July 15, 2017

Duoprinting with Chlorophyll



Hello fellow crafters!   I recently learned a new technique called duoprinting with chlorophyll that I'd like to share with you today.

The image you see on my card was not done with a stamp but from leaves.  I pressed some leaves (like the ones you see above) between two pieces of watercolor paper, ran them through my Cuttlebug and was able to get this result.  When I first saw these beautiful cards on Splitcoast Stampers, I couldn't wait to give this technique a try.  You can find the tutorial here by Lydia Fiedler.

 I don't know the name of my tree, but the sap from the branches and leaves are milky and sticky so the process got pretty messy.  I initially wanted to get a print of  leaves on a branch but because of all the sap that got squeezed out of the branch, it got really wet and sticky and turned out to be a huge mess.  So I had to be satisfied with just the leaves but was still excited with the colors I got.  Now I'm anxious to try some other leaves and maybe flowers too.

Thank you so much for visiting me today!   Would love to hear if you've tried this too.




5 comments:

Jerri Jimenez said...

I love this technique! Your card is so very beautiful!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Great technique! Your card is so pretty and elegant! Hideko

Lynn said...

Your card is a beautiful example of real leaf printing. You really are talented at creating artistic layouts.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Shirley, this is beautiful, and I love how it turned out! I tried a leaf, but it was a "nothing" and had to be tossed. But the colors and the vines are beautiful. I love how you've arranged them and used them on your card. Stunning with the stitched sentiment and ribbon! Beautifully done! Hugs! xoxo

SmilynStef said...

What a gorgeous card.