Sunday, December 3, 2017

Party Like a Pirate


Hello, hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Today I'm sharing the card I made for my grandson's birthday.  I wanted a card with pirates sailing the ocean blue so went looking for a pirate ship cutting file.   From the two that I found, one from Miss Kate Cuttables and the other from Etsy, Mama's Controlled Chaos, I was able to make a ship that would accommodate these pirates by using pieces from both cutting files.

My supplies were all from MFT:  Party Like a Pirate stamp, Ocean Waves Die-namics and the Cloud stencil.  The pirates were colored with copic markers and everything was cut out with my ScanNCut 2. 

I'll be sharing this with the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge, Anything Goes.

Thanks so much for looking!

8 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow Shirley...this is just amazing! Love all your pirate themed elements and how you brought them all together! And how did I miss that you were a featured stamper at SCS? A belated Congrats my friend! ♥ Sue Kment

Lynn said...

Shirley, I really LOVE this birthday card. As a mom of two boys, I always found it difficult to keep their b-day cards un-girly. I never thought of making a pirate themed card. You are such a clever grandmother. I love the details of the ship and the waves + clouds. The pirates are adorable...but still boyish. Great job!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, this is absolutely awesome. What a fun ocean scene.

Thank you so much for your sweet comment Shirley. Would you mind emailing me your mailing address please to hoaloha1999@gmail.com?

Pam Sparks said...

I absolutely LOVE this Shirley! Fabulous creation and coloring job girl!!! Love it, saving it. hehe

Janie Printz said...

So cute & so fitting for any little or big guy. You did a fantastic job using different cut files. I’ve still never seen a scan n cut ... What does it do or rather what does it look like.

lostinpaper said...

I'll bet he is going to love this, cause I do! This is absolutely brilliant Shirley!

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Shirley! The scene you've created is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

eunice said...

Wow, Shirley, this Pirate themed card for your lucky grandson turned out SO AWESOME! Ahh...now I understand how the ScanNCut works. I really like how it accurately cut a very even border around your stamped images...NICE! One question, are you able to use the ScanNCut to also cut svgs?