Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Smilin Hedgehog

Goodmorning and isn't it a beautiful day!


First, can I share my great news with you? I got a message from Irina at La-La Land Crafts yesterday that my Trick or Treat card won 2d place and, -- I'll be getting their "Top Three at La-La Land Crafts" badge! OMG, I'm totally blown away and I'm smiling from ear to ear and swinging in air like Mr. Hedgehog up there (lol)!!! Thank you Irina and La-La Land Crafts!


Ok, getting back down to earth. Did I already tell you why I love these challenges? Besides winning :), they really inspire me and challenge me to use that darn right side of my brain. I tell you it takes me so long to make a card! But, gathering at least 4 or 5 challenges makes me think! So here's the challenges that helped make this card:


1. Basic Grey Challenge - Week 4, Embossing
http://basicgreychallenges.blogspot.com/2009/09/week-4-embossing.html



2. Whimsy Stamps Challenge - Challenge 21, The Eyes Have It (eyelets)
http://whimsystamps.blogspot.com/2009/09/challenge-21-eyes-have-it-challenge.html



3. Flutter by Wednesday #76 - Butterfly or Fairy and Flowers
http://dannisdreamscrafts.blogspot.com/2009/09/flutter-by-wednesday-76.html



4. Creative Card Crew - Challenge 30, All that Sparkles
http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.com/2009/09/challenge-30-all-that-sparkles.html



5. Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 79, Buzz Off (Black & Yellow Combo)
http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/2009/09/challenge-79-buzz-off.html



Challenge Recipe:


The "sparkles" on the flowers are from Art Glittering System; the cute little "butterfly" was made from an All Night Media punch; the "eyelet", from my stash, is on the daisy flower; and "Basic Grey" is the Buttercup paper which was "embossed" with the Cuttlebug Embossing Border Die. The image is Penny Black, Daisy Swing.


My card sketch inspiration came from Jodi's card (proudly displayed in my craft room) and the daisy flower and ribbon was part of a thoughtful and totally unexpected RAK from Jane. Thank you again, Jodi and Jane!


I really appreciate your dropping in and for all your wonderful comments. They really mean a lot to me. Thank you so much!

8 comments:

Danni said...

Congrats on your win!! So fun!
Love this cute card! thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

debby4000 said...

Oh what an adorable card, beautiful image and colours.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Congrats! Your card is adorable! The image you used is super cute. Thanks for sharing :)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card! Love the color combo and the sweet image. Lovely accents too. Thanks for joining in at Whimsy. :)

mycardz said...

Ohhh, this is soooo pretty! What an awesome card, I love all the details you've added. Love the colors you chose too!

Rach said...

a beautiful card, awesome layout. hugs rachxx

Donna said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous, love your embossing. Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge. Donna x

Sam said...

Beautiful card, love the layout and papers you have used. Thanks for playing along at CCC this week.
Sam x