Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Merriest Wishes



Good evening everyone!  I hope you're all doing well and not stressing out.  I've been busy making Christmas cards these past few days and feeling a bit anxious as I have a lot more to make--but I'm happy I was able to put some in the mail today. 

I made this easel card for my sister but will take the opportunity to enter it in some challenges.   I have another sister who'll also get an easel card, but I'll be posting that one later.  This is the perfect season for entering challenges as most of them have a Christmas theme.  I'm guessing there are a lot more out there but I think 8 is enough.  Hmmm, where did I hear that before?


1.  Friday Sketchers 81                                                            
2.  Just Magnolia - Week 34, Special Monthly Challenge
3.  Creatalicious Challenges - #4, Christmas w/snowflakes, glitter
4.  the Color Throwdown - #72 (green, red, sky blue, pink)
5.  Die Cuts r Us - #19, Project with a Holiday Feel
6.  One Stop Craft Challenge - #58, Fancy Folds
7.  Paper Cutz Challenge - #2, Handstamped Christmas Image

Card recipe:
Stamps:  Magnolia - Tilda with Yule Hat
Paper:  Basic Grey - Eskimo Kisses
Ink:  Copic Markers
Tools/Accessories:  Nestabilities, flowers, adhesive pearls, ribbon, Doodlebug glitter

Thank you all for stopping by.  No matter how busy I am, I will always take the time to visit your blogs, too, as I am anxious to see your holiday creations!  See you soon!

25 comments:

dj said...

sweet!! love how your DP pulls all those colors together!!

Carol L said...

What a sweet card! I love the squares of DP you used for your background, and Tilda looks adorable in her Santa hat! So cute!

Anonymous said...

HI Shirley!! What a beauty!! Love your yummy papers and the image is just darling!! You know this would fit with the Saturday Spotlight challenge this week!! :) Thanks for the fun inspiration!! HUGS

LeAnne said...

Very cute! We are glad you were able to incorporate our colors into all your challenges!! Thanks for playing with us at CTD!!! She is a real cutie and I love the easel card concept!

kris said...

such a beautiful card!! lovely paper with gret coloring = one fanatastic card! Love it Shirley! =D hugs, Kris

Cara said...

Wow, Shirley, this is one gorgeous card! Your sister is going to love it. Thanks for playing with us at DCRU!!
Cara DCRU DT

Denise said...

Shirley,

This is such a Pretty card!!! Love the little touches that went into it! The embossing circle is a great idea. TFS

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is beautiful Shirley, The papers are gorgeous and you've coloured Tilda so prettily. Thank you for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Lindsy said...

LOVE your card! So many nice touches ~ the embossed background behind Tilda, flowers with the pearl centers, the bow ~ love it all!

Joy said...

such a pretty easel card. I am amazed at how you ladies do that. I tried to make one and it's pretty difficult. that's why I only made one. lol! love your attention to detail! so perfect =) hope you are having a good Christmas season!

Danni said...

What an adorable, pretty card!

Waipahu CBDO dba Waipahu Community Coalition said...

beautiful card again Shirley- you are awesome and so creative. I wish I had time to make a card a day. Thanks for always visiting my blog

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

What a wonderful card. Great job on the sketch. You have such a wonderful talent with papercrafts Shirley. So glad to have you with us this week.

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

Sammye Jo said...

What a great creation. You really made great use of all the elements!!! Thanks for joining us this week at DCRU! We hope to see you around next week too!!!

Jane said...

Stunning card! love the colours and design, thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin your easel card, and love that sketch.

1LuvnMama said...

Shirley . . . aaaaaaamazing!!!! such detail and workmanship! as you can see, i'm back. vegas treated me good :) didn't win but treated me good in the sense that i got some good deals at the malls & outlets! (i think i went to 6 different malls . . . YIKES!)

anyway, before i even unpacked, i was beaming from ear to ear to find your OCS card on the table! i luv, luv, luv it! will be posting it later . . . thanks shirley!

Broni said...

This is one of the sweetest easel cards I've seen! It's beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us in the Color Throwdown!

Amy said...

Oh, this is just the sweetest card! Love the paper you used, those deers are so cute behind her!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness what a beautiful card...I love your choice of colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatilicious...hope to see you at the next one!

Abby:)

Amber said...

Shirley I just adore your creations! What a wonderful easel card! Just beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Die Cuts R Us!
Amber *DCRU DT*

Mephisto said...

HI,
love this sweet card!


Thanks for joining in by the SSC this week.

Hugs
Domi

dpkennedy said...

This is a wonderful card! Love this sketch and your lovely coloring! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

Bec said...

just adorable... Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious

Anonymous said...

Shirley! I am totally inspired! love this! I didn't know what I was going to do w/my sheet of paper like this! lol
tfs!!!!
Pam Going Postal