Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Some Bunny Loves You


When I came home from my Vegas trip several weeks ago, I entered the Easter Release Blog Hop at All That Scraps and would you believe won the entire set of six Baby Bunnies by Amy Young!  Now, I will tell you I am NEVER lucky in Vegas but OMG, I sure have been lucky in blogland.    Thank you so much Christine and All That Scraps!   I just LOVE these babies!

Although it was hard for me to part with some of my babies, I wanted to share these bunnies with some friends so sent 4 of them to their new homes and kept 2 for myself.  You already met Baby Bunnies "Butterfly" in my preious post, this is Baby Bunnies "Bunny".


I orginally wanted to make this card with my embossed and distressed dots background paper because I was making this card for the All That Scraps Weekly Wednesday Challenge with the theme being "Dots and Stripes" but it just wasn't coming together nicely.  So I used DP instead and hope that my dotted button will be enough to pass.  Also, do you think plaid would pass for "stripes"?  Oh well...guess I need to find challenges that say use whatever is in your stash, LOL.

As I mentioned in my previous post, if you already don't have any of Amy's bunnies, and I'm sure you'll want at least one for your Easter cards, you can get them at the All That Scraps On-line Store.    See them here, they come in rubba or digis.

The recipe:
Paper:  DCWV-Sweet, Vellum
Ink:  Copic Markers, Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink
Tools:  Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Other:  Fun Flock, Doodlebug Button, Jolee's Boutique Egg Stickers, adhesive gems/pearls and flowers from stash

Gotta run, this challenge ends in a few hours...

I really appreciate all the nice comments you've been leaving me. 
I've learned so much for all of you, it really means a lot when you come to visit me. 
Have a geat day!


23 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Cuteness!!! Oh, Shirley! What an adorable easel! Love it! Now I'll have to case THIS card, too! LOL!!

Danni said...

What a sweet and adorable card!! Just darling!

Michele said...

This is such an adorable card! I love it!

Elise said...

Oh Shirley! This is another sweet creation! Yes, those stamps are wonderfully SOOO CUTE! And you've done such a lovely job with this easel card! Don't you just adore easel cards?! LOL ... I can't stop making them!! Your colors are so soft and springy, and your little butterflies are so pretty!
Congratulations on your All that Scraps Win, you so deserve it! :) And for you to share it with others? Gosh Shirley, you are such a true sweetheart!
Hope you're having a wonderful night!
Luv,
Elise

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness! Your card is adorable!! I just love all the beautiful details you added. Wow, what an absolutely perfect Easter card. Love it! hugz, Mary

Cyndi said...

oh wow! you really are lucky in blogland! that is a great candy that you won! and you know just what to do with them! awesome work!

Risa said...

Wow...Congratulations on your ATS win Shirley, those stamps are beautiful!!!
I'm sitting here drooling over your beautiful card! Your image is darling and your color combo and design paper are fabulous! Awesome job!
hugs
Risa:)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Now how precious is this!!! I love it!! Love the image, your color choices and the easel style is just adorable too!! :) You are so inspiring!! TFS! HUGS

Brenda said...

Congrats on your win! All I can say is cute... cute... cute! You are the sweetest!

Joy said...

I do love your card! you are so generous to share your bunnies with everyone =) this is such a sweet card. love your coloring and your ideas to create! hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

1LuvnMama said...

Awww, how sweet is this? :) I just luv this little scene of the garden that BB is looking at! So clever! :) Btw, DD is still ill . . . await results of her urine test. Maybe a unrinary tract infection. :(

Jodi said...

So cute Shirley! Love these bunnies and the easel card you made!! Thanks for joining us at All That Scraps!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Tammi said...

Plaid def. pass for stripes! :) I love Amy's sweet stamps to, so nice of you to pass on a few that you won...congrats on winning! Your card is adorble, love how you did the eggs with the bit of grass there, super cute! ~Hugs

Juls said...

so adorable!! I love the colours! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

just precious Shirley! I love your card...the stitching lines are awesome...wonderful card design and love your bunny!!!
Pam Going Postal

Amy said...

Sooo cute Shirley, your attention to all the little details really makes this card shine! Your coloring is fantastic, so soft and pretty! This is the perfect Easter card!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow, your choice of DP was perfect for this creation...another #1 in my book. I am lovin these bunnies!(but esp how you are using them!)

mst822 said...

Oh my, such a sweet card Shirley! Luv the colors you used! You're so thoughtful to share your bunnies!
Tammy

Islander Girl said...

Oh my, what a lucky ducky!!! You won all the bunnies? And that was so nice of you to share the love!! You are such a sweet person!! I'm sure your friends really appreciate it!

I can't tell you how great I think your creations are. I've been wondering why I haven't been visiting your blog often...I just noticed I wasn't following your blog and that's why I wasn't getting any updates! Ugh! Nonetheless, I am now a follower so I will now see your updates!!! Love ALL your creations!!! You are one talented lady!!

Aloha!

Denise said...

This is just Adorable! I love that image, puts me in the Easter mood.
Hugs,
Denise

Unknown said...

Super cute card! Love the image and papers you used :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Pure SWEETNESS!!

Jo Nevill said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Shirley, I adore these rabbits and I am now the proud owner of a couple ! Beautiful spring colours, just love the papers you have used.

I've been looking at how you use your nesties and have added some more to my shopping list !

Have a great weekend.

Hugs,

Jo xxx