There are so many techniques and projects that I have on my list to try and this was one of them--the tent card. Many of you have already tried this but if you haven't and you'd like to make this too, you can find Dena's tutorial here. It's a fun card to make.
Although this card was entered in several challenges, it was especially nice to take part in Just Magnolia's birthday challenge. Happy 1st Birthday Just Magnolia!!!
To make this card, I flipped the sketch, added foam core to the seat of Tilda's swing (so she could sit comfortably without falling off), cut out some flowers from the DP to scatter on the trellis and added the grass to hide the folds of the card.
The challenges:
Just Magnolia Challenge - sketch
KLSNS Challenge #26 - Bling it on!
Creative Belli #89 - Die cut shapes
Totally Papercrafts Challenge #12 - Spring
The Crafty Pad Challenge #67 - Stitching
The recipe:
Paper: Magnolia Ink - Under the mistletoe
Stamp: Magnolia Jam Tilda Yummy Tummy and Magnolia Swing
Ink: Memento, Copic Markers
Tools: Martha Stewart Garden Trellis, Grass and Butterfly punches; Oval Nestabilities
Other: Diamond Stickles, half pearls, flowers, rub-on stitches and pop dots
Thanks so much for looking and have a great week!
34 comments:
This is another beautiful creation! I love the colors and the little swing... super sweet! Now I'm afraid to try this tent card... cause it won't be able to compare to yours! :-)
this is so darn cute...love the window with the grass peeking through!
Oh my goodness Shirley! This is STUNNING! Your dp's and flowers are completely GORGEOUS! I love how you made a trellis out of the MS punch! Wowzers! And Tilda is as proud as can be sitting on a swing on your card ... shoots ... I would be too if I were in some creation like this! :) Absolutely BEAUTIFUL my dear friend! I love love love it!
Big Hugs to You,
Elise
this is gorgeous!! Love the swing detail! just perfect! Hugs Juls
Hi Shirley
wow your card is stunning, luv the design, beautiful papers & embelies,lovely colouring, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x
wow...very awesome tent card! it looks so perfect! love the colors too!
oh wow this is gorgeous, such a fantastic card, another style to add to my to do list.. :)
thank you for the link hun.xx
Oh WOW Shirley, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby
oh my!!! this is sooooo stunning!!! you did a FANTASTIC job on this beauty!! you got me wow-ing over and over again!! Love it!!
oh Shirley, THIS is a STUNNER!!! LOVE it! Whoever gets it (will you be able to part with it?) will be so delighted! Wish it was me!!! lol
TFS!
Pam Going Postal
This is just a beautiful card! Love it!
Wow, Shirley, another beautiful card. You coordinated the colors so well. You don't post often but when you do they are well worth the wait.
Holy moly...what a masterpiece Shirley!!! Thank you for the tutorial link...I haven't tried this yet. Your card is AWESOME!
Awesome card! Love the image and the flowers. TFS :)
what a fun and wonderful card you created! love the colors, image and all that embellishments to make it so perfect! love that you flipped that sketch. you did a fabulous job!
BEAUTIFUL!!
Just gorgeous!! Oh I love your take on the sketch and I have yet to try out this technique! Beautiful card!
Hugs
Jodi =)
Wowzers Shirley, Your card is STUNNIG! Tilda takes the "C" out of cute and your detailing is fabulous! Great job with the challenge and thanks for joining us at KLSNS!
hugs
Risa:)
Gorgeous card, Shirley! I luv all the embellishments & the color is perfect! Absolutely beautiful!
Tammy
Beautiful card and detail. :)
Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad. :)
xxDebbiexx
This is Gorgeous Shirley, I love Tilda on her swing and the detailing on your card is beautiful.
Hugs
Debbie x
This is gorgeous Shirley!! Love Tilda on the swing. The way she is hanging in the card is beautiful!! Love the purple too!
hugs,
Chris
OMWord Shirley! This is one amazing card! I luv all the details you put into it! So perfect and so gorgeous! Just stunning like all your other creations! It's a Hall of Fame-r! ;)
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! I LOVE the pretty Tilda, and all the flowers. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Denise
Hi Shirely
This is just beautiful and the colours perfect.
Thank you so much for visiting me and your kind comments which really are appreciated.
B x
OMGosh, this is so pretty! Tilda looks like she is swinging in an arbor surrounded by beautiful flowers! You can just feel the coolness of the shade and the heavenly aroma, good thing you cushioned her seat Shirley...she'll be there awhile! :)
Utterly adorable, love the pretty DP too. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs Suzi x
Wow, Shirley, this is absolutely beautiful!! :) Lovely job with the tent card. Thanks for joining us at KL Stampin N Scrappin for Risa's bling challenge. Hugs, Kel :)
Me again Shirley...:)
just popping by to say thank you for joining in with my candy hun.. good luck.xx
Oh, Shirley.....this is SOOO gorgeous! A winner in my book!
Tilda looks so happy sitting on that swing! So many wonderful details and the colors are just perfect! Have a great weekend!
Oh my word...that swing in the window? You're killing me...I envy your talent!
Wow, this is so pretty!! Love the papers and design, looks amazing!
Hello Shirley,
I love to come to your blog and look at your beautiful artwork!!
THis card is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!
have a great day sweetie.
hugs, Janiel
I just love your Magnolia tent card! Soooo pretty!!
Post a Comment