Saturday, August 28, 2010

Feel Better


It'll Be Okay

Hello everyone!  Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend.

A sweet friend of mine has been feeling under the weather so I thought I'd send her this card to let her know I'm thinking of her and hoping that she'll get well soon. 

I used the Pure Innocence set called My Umbrella (sentiments included), which is just perfect for a get well card.    It's a simple Nestabilities shaped card--the only hard part was looking for the right DP.  This was my second go at it, the first set of DPs I used just didn't look good.  I "feel better" about this one, lol.  The DP is a double sided one which helped.  The umbrella is paper pieced.

The Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog - Paper Piecing
Stampin' for the Weekend, Challenge 45 - Anything Goes

The Recipe:
Stamp:  My Favorite Things
Paper:  Jillibean Soup, Basic Grey
Ink:  Copic Markers, Memento
Other:  Nestabilities, Crystal Stickers, pop dots, ribbon, Martha Stewart punch

Thanks so much for stopping by, sure do appreciate it.  Have a fabulous Sunday!

27 comments:

Brenda said...

I love those little raindrops! This card will surely put a smile on your friend's face! Hope she feels better soon! Take care!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sweet Shirley!! Love the raindrops and your paper piecing!! Gorgeous shape too!
hugs,
Chris

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Shirley ;-) I love this image ,, perfect for a friend who's a bit poorly, hope she feels better soon :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Hope your friend feels better very soon. Hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirley! I have these papers too but haven't used them yet! LOVE your card! she is so charming and love your piecing and coloring! Just makes me smile and feel better! The pollen count is really high here! Do you have pollen in Hawaii? awwwww...maybe I don't want to know! lol I'll be jealous if you don't!
Pam Going Postal

CHARLOTTE said...

You chose the perfect dp for this card, Shirley. I'm sure it will put a smile on her face when she receives it.

Michele said...

Such a sweet card Shirley! Love the rain drops you added. This card will definitely help your friend feel better!!

joni h said...

So adorable! Sure to bring a smile on your friend's face. Love the paper piecing and those little raindrops! perfect! oh, and I like that little butterfly! Have a great weekend!

Elise said...

Oh Shirley .. you have got to be one of the most caring, kindest, and thoughtful person. :) This is so sweet and you've used such beautiful colors ... sure to bring a ton of smiles to your friend! :)

Big Hugs,
Elise

1LuvnMama said...

Oh Shirley! Luv your card that you made for your special friend . . . yes, it'll definitely cheer her up and I'm sure there will be a speedy recovery after receiving this! :) You are amazing and special yourself! Take care friend!

mst822 said...

What a sweet card, Shirley! That image is adorable & those raindrops are perfect! This will definitely help your friend to feel much better!
Tammy

Niki Estes said...

Ah, what a cute card, Shirley!

Amy said...

Oh, this is adorable Shirley! I love her paperpieced umbrella and your paper mix! She looks like she's in a field of tulips, too cute and sure to make anyone feel better! =)

Juls said...

so gorgeous! Love the dimension on this card, love the paper pieced umbrella, and the gems as raindrops! Hugs Juls

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I like the patterned umbrella and the rain drop gems!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Cyndi said...

awesome card! love the nestie card and the PI image!

Denise said...

Very Cute!! Love the style of the card, and cute image. Hope all is well.
Hugs,
Denise

Alice said...

such a sweet card, Shirley!! LOVE the DP you used, just perfect!!

Joy said...

that PI is one of my favorites, yet I haven't inked her up yet lol! love your card and I am sure your friend will be so happy to receive it! it will surely brighten her day! have a good week!

Jenny V. said...

Lovely card Shirley. I love the DP you use and the rain drops you added. This card will sure brighten your friend's day.

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, adorable card Shirley, your friend will love it.
luv
Debby

Stephanie said...

This card would cheer anyone up, it's delightful :) x

Marcea said...

So very sweet - I am sure your friend will feel so much better after this gorgeous card.
I am delighted you could join us at Simon Says Stamp this week.
Remember many of the DT also have candies you can enter that have also been sponsored by Simon Says Stamp - Good luck!!!
-x-

Kyoko said...

Oh Shirley - your friend will be so happy when she receives your sweet card! LOVE IT!

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEETNESS!

Jodi said...

Really adorable card!! Love the shaped card and paper piecing!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Tammi said...

A lovely card for your friend, it's sure to cheer her up! Love how you did the raindrops!