Thursday, August 19, 2010

Miss Anya


One of my favorite things to make is an altered notebook to give away.  A "just because" kind of gift that'll hopefully put a smile on her face and be useful as well.  I seem to use this stamp often, I don't know why as I have several Anyas still uninked.   But I guess she's my favorite--she was my very first Anya stamp. 

Since this is a "notebook", I purposely avoided bulky items--no bow or flowers (that was hard, lol), and kept to a simple layout.

The Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog - Make a Gift
Charisma Cardz Challenges, #33 - Die Cuts
Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog, #39 - Use your Favorite Stamp
Craft Your Days Away, #1 - Favorite Things
ABC Challenge Blog - B is for Blue

The recipe:
Stamp:  The Greeting Farm
Paper:  Basic Grey Wisteria
Ink:  Copic Markers, Memento
Other:  Nestabilities, Rollabind, pearl stickers, ribbon, glitter, pop dots

Thanks for looking!  Your visits and comments mean a lot!
Have a great day!

33 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Shirley, this is a treasure and will certainly bring a smile to the recipient! Miss Anya is colored beautifully and I love your paper combo and pearls, so pretty!

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley! Your altered notebook is absolutely beautiful. Love the image and the papers you used. Thanks for sharing.

CHARLOTTE said...

Just beautiful, Shirley - love your choice of shades of blue and dp.

Joy said...

Hi Shirley!

I really like the way your notebook turned out, the colors go together so well!Love the highlights in her hair, too!

Elise said...

Oh Shirley! This is soooo BEAUTIFUL! I love this Anya as well! And these colors are GORGEOUS!!!! sigh ... I wish you could come and help me craft something other than a card. ;) Only thing though... you'd be smacking my hand all the time because I'd constantly be reaching for flowers. LOLOL!!! One thing for sure .. your recipient will LOVE this!!!!! BE-AU-TI-FUL!!!!!

Big Hugs to You!
Elise

Michele said...

Oh my goodness Shirley, this is such a gorgeous notebook! It's just so perfect!

mst822 said...

Beautiful notebook, Shirley! Luv the color scheme, so delicate! That image is a cutie too!
Tammy

Brenda said...

woohoo! you're getting back into the crafting groove! great notebook... simply beautiful!

Kyoko said...

Wowee Shirley ... SOOO CUTE! I love your notebook ... looks so rich and elegant! Dang woman!!!

Heather said...

Hi Shirley..........a fabulous altered notebook. Love the gorgeous Wisteria papers and the beautifully coloured Anya.
So glad you could join us in the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
hugs Heather xx

Unknown said...

what a wonderful little book!!
I love this image too...

Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

Linda said...

Hey Shirley! Wowza ... this notebook is FANTASTIC!!! I'm so glad you're back ... hope you're doing well. Take care. xoxo, Linda

Jenny said...

Hi Shirley,
I love it! So simple but its so nice.

Jenny

Unknown said...

What a beautiful altered notebook Shirley, love the DP's and Miss Anya.

Thanks for joining us for our 1st Challenge over at CYDA.

Hugs

Joanne x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous notebook Shirley, pretty colours and sweet image.
luv
Debby

Joy said...

what a pretty altered notebook. love the DP and the image is too cute! love what you did. you did such perfection! have a wonderful weekend!

Sarah said...

Oh wow Shirley, your notebook is gorgeous! I would love to receive this as a gift, the recipient is going to be thrilled. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our first challenge xxx

Anonymous said...

Love it Shirley! Beautiful coloring and designing! An awesome gift!
Pam Going Postal

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Sweet image and gorgeous papers!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Michelle Alejandro said...

Shirley this is gorgeous! Love the colors and love that image! Just a wonderful gift to give and receive! Love it!

Hugs,
Michelle

Grenouille Greetings said...

A beautiful notebook! I can see why this is one of your favourite images - she is fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Alice said...

this is so beautiful and elegant! love the DPs you used and the coloring is fab!!

Cyndi said...

very pretty notebook! love the elegant look!

Vee said...

Fabulous notebook, and a lovely design. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Denise said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the softness of the blues, and I just love the way you colored her gorgeous hair!
Hugs,
Denise

Juls said...

such a great notepad! Love the image and the gorgeous soft blue colours! Hugs Juls

Mona Pendleton said...

What a precious notebook! Surely to bring a BIG smile to one's face :) The lil' pearls add just the perfect touch!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous book!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is so very adorable, Shirley. I can't seem to have enough of these altered notebooks. This one is almost too cute to use. HA!

Jodi said...

A very gorgeous book!! Your coloring is so pretty!! Anyone would LOVE this!
Hugs
Jodi=)

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Shirley, this is just so gorgeous! This happens to be one of my favourite Anya's too! I love the shades of blue and you are so generous to just make a gift for no reason. This will be much treasured I am sure,

Hugs Judy xx

Stephanie said...

That's one of my favourite Anya's too & you've coloured her in perfectly! This delightful notebook would certainly put a smile on my face :) xxx

Kelly Booth said...

This is so Pretty Shirley...anyone would love to receive this as a gift!! Love that Ms Anya too...she is Sweet!!