Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Beginnings!


Whiff of Joy's "Happy New Year Ben" is my first new stamp for the new year and this little guy would like to make a toast to "New Beginnings"!

Ben's adorable but it wasn't easy for me to color him, as I'm not good in coloring black (that was a challenge, I need a lot more practice for sure!).  But as I was coloring this image, I got to see for myself that the Copic X-Press It paper is as great as they say--especially when coloring blacks and reds.  It didn't bleed like my other papers did, I loved it!

Whiff of Joy's sketch got me started on my card, along with some other challenges with themes that was perfect for Ben.  And yay! I used some DPs from my old stash!   (Out with the old, in with the new--love it!)

The challenges:
Whiff of Joy Challenges - #95, Jane's Sketch
Simon Says Stamp! ,,,,, New Beginnings
Mark's Finest Papers - #36, Use Something New
Paper Sundaes Challenge Blog - #50, Something New
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz Challenges! - #1, Happy 2nd Birthday Charisma!
Pile It On! - #1, Brand Spankin' New

The recipe:
Stamp:  Whiff of Joy, Happy New Year Ben
Paper:  KI Memories, Time
Ink:  Copic Markers, Memento
Other:  Nestabilities, Sandylion Essentials Stickers, Sakura Gelly Roll Pen, Crystal Stickers, Pop Dots

Here's to.....New Beginnings!
Thanks for coming to toast the new year with me!

36 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute celebration card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Juls said...

just fabulous!!! brilliant image love the colour combo, and the clock detail you have added is just perfect!! Hugs Juls

Jodi said...

Shirley, Happy New Year!! This is such a sweet card I love the coloring you did on the image!! I've lost my mojo somewhere, I hope it returns soon!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Virgo5 said...

Perfect New Years card!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's friends!

Elise said...

Hi Shirley!!! Yayy! Your first new stamp of the new year! And well ... I think you've coloured him in FABULOUSLY!!!! :) I think your black/red colouring is just perfect!! :) And I'd love to make a toast with this little guy to new beginnings! That's an awesome toast!!! I'm so happy to see you on your blog as I've been waiting ever so patiently for something else you make!

Love,
Elise

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Wow Shirley, i love your new card.
the papers are perfect with this image and you colored him so perfect.
the blacks are not always so easy. you did a marvelous job

Amy said...

Ben is so debonair Shirley and your coloring is amazing! Love the papers you've used, your card is a perfect New Year's card and I think it's fabulous that you've used new and old supplies on it! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your cards! :)

Alice said...

i was just getting ready to color Ben and how can i make a card better than this, Shirley! your coloring on him is amazing, girl! love love this card!

Becky said...

Wonderful celebration card! Thank you for playing with Speedy's Friends

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Shirley, this is just ADORABLE!! I love it!! Love your coloring and fabulous layout!! Beautiful job and so fun!! Hope you have a great weekend friend!!HUGs

Rach said...

gorgeous Shirley, a fantastic new year card.. happy new year to you.xx

jojoscraps said...

Such a handsome little guy! You've matched your paper perfectly. Pop into my blog Shirley. There is an award waiting for you there.
Jo xx

1LuvnMama said...

wowie! i luv your new image and your first new stamp of the year! you colored him perfectly . . . your creation is flawless and amazing shirley!

Heather said...

Stunning card Shirley, love the black & white with the splashes of red!! Perfect colouring of the 'snazzy' Ben for the New Year theme and fabulous details.

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Party on! I like the champagne bottle and clock!! Cute image too :)

Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Hello Shirley,
thank you for visiting me and taking time to leave a sweet comment
have a great weekend
Claudia

Cyndi said...

beautiful card! you did a great job with the black coloring!

Brenda said...

your card is perfect! just like you and your coloring too! i am amazed at how your image just comes to life!

Anne H. said...

Your card is gorgeous!
An adorable image and a lovely colorcombo.
Thanks for joining us at WOJ-challenges.
Anne

Stephanie said...

Happy New Year Shirley! This card is gorgeous, so striking - colouring in black is so tricky, I find it hard too but you have done a fantastic job :D xxx

Helen said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aw!! How Darling, Shirley!! Love your young man!! Your coloring, colors, and use of the sketch is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining WOJ challenges.
hugs,
Chris

Lynn said...

I like it! That is a really great card...perfect for starting out the New Year right. The Copic paper is a new item to me. Where did you buy it? I'm sending you a blog award. It will be posted on my site in a few days. I love seeing your work!

Jill said...

aww Shirley your card is gorgeous love your new stamp and your colouring looks fab thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Shana said...

What a fabulous New Years card! Love the image and the colours! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Shirley! Such an adorable image and you colored him so perfectly. Here's to another wonderful year--and new beginnings!

Joy said...

what a wonderful new year card! he's so cute and so perfect to ring in the new year! hope you are having a great week. thanks for the well wishes! I can't wait to get back into the swing of things...I am getting withdrawals from not being able to craft! lol! take care!

Jane said...

Fabulous card! love the colours and details! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx

Liza said...

A stunning card Shirley, I love the black and white colour combo.

Liza x

Larissa said...

Fabulous card Shirley! Your colouring with the black is perfect I think!

Hugs,
Larissa

Leah l'Orange said...

he's too cute! i love the classic black, white and red combo for this card! thanks for sharing your fun creation with the Charisma Gals during our birthday celebration! :D

Annika said...

This guy is so cute - and such a versatile image too!!
Love the monochrome with red - so striking!!
Hugs
Annika

Jenny V. said...

Happy New Years! Gorgeous card Shirley! This image is just too cute. New beginnings! That's an awesome toast.

Tammi said...

Wow, fabulous New Year's card, love the sentiment on the side like that...wonderful papers and coloring too!

Giò said...

WOW Ben looks fabulous!!! The colour combo is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Whiff of Joy challenge this week.
Hugs, Giò