When I first saw these Sugar Nellie Simply Adorable images on cards popping up in blogland, I was so in awe of everyone's beautiful creations. I never thought I'd be coloring any of these images myself (looked too difficult to me), but when I came across Jacqui's coloring tutorials, I was inspired to give it a try.
Did you know this is a digital? I got so excited as I was shopping because this meant I would be able to color almost immediately after pressing "buy"! And what's nice about these digis is that the artist has shaded all the areas that need depth to make it simple to color. What I thought would be difficult was actually simpler--with the help of Jacqui, of course.
If you're thinking of giving this a try, check out Jacqui's tutorials: Part 1, coloring face and hair and Part 2, coloring her clothes. You'll also get to see all of her other gorgeous creations. Thanks Jacqui!
The challenges I'm entering:
Basic Grey Challenge 36 - Flower Power! (Wisteria DP)
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge 95 - Who Said Three's a Crowd?!? (3 DPs, 3 ribbons, 3 flowers)
The recipe:
Stamp (digital): Sugar Nellie Simply Adorable - Grace Standing
Paper: Basic Grey Wisteria
Ink, etc: Copic Markers, Prisma Colored Pencils
Other: Nestabilities, Carl leaf punch, Pop Dots, ribbons, flowers, adhesive pearls, button
Thanks for stopping by and for always leaving me such sweet comments! Have a great week!
38 comments:
OMGoodness !! This is jaw dropping gorgeous ...
She looks as lifelike as a picture. Your coloring is amazing & I hope you bought more so we can all see what you do with them.
I just bought some of those wonderful Sugar Nellie images & haven't gotten up the courage to color them yet ... After watching Jacque's tutorial for them (thanks for the tip) I'm anxious to give them a try ...
Hugs, Janie
such a life-like image! let me guess, you used to be an art teacher? i love this card! reminds me of holly hobbie!
This is gorgeous! Great coloring!
wow! amazing coloring on the image, Shirley! i can't stop staring at it!! thanks for the links. love love your gorgeous card!
this really is adorable! you did awesome with the coloring! way to go!
OH WOW! Your card is soooo BEAUTIFUL!
I love your colouring! Will check out the tutorials soon, thank you for the link!
And thank you for the inspiration! :D
Adorable sweet card and pretty colours too.
luv
Debby
This is beautiful Shirley!! Such a sweet image and your coloring is absolutely gorgeous!! Adorable!!
hugs,
Chris
this is just beautiful! Hugs Juls
ohhh Shirley.. .what a adorable card
i love the vintage look
hugs
Claudia
What a cute card, love the soft Vintage look!! The image too cute!
Hugs,
Patricia
Fabulous card. You certainly nailed the colouring. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. xx
Wow, your coloring is amazing! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories this week!
Beautiful card, Shirley. Coloring is so perfect - looks like something out of a book.
Hi Shirley, thanks for your kind words dear, this card is truly stunning your colouring with the Copics is awesome, you sure this is the first time you have used then. I am so pleased the tutorial was easy to follow I always worry about doing them. Cannot wait to see more of your stunning colouring
Big Hug
Jacqui xx
fab card and great colouring
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline
So pretty Shirley! The image is so adorable and your colouring is stunning.
Hugs,
Larissa
WOWZER!! This is just brilliant Shirley!! I LOVE the beautiful coloring you've done and fantastic layout as well!! :) HUGS
Ohh how BEAUTIFUL!!
Holie CRAP!!!! My goodness gracious Sweet Shirley! Are you KIDDING me?!!! This is freakin' GORGEOUS! Okay, bring over your copics and show me in person how to do this! You are incredible woman!!! hehe! I absolutely LOVE this, and you've done an amazing job! sigh .. soooOOoo dreamy! And this is a digi?!!! Gosh, you REALLY want to drain my checkbook don't you?! lmao!!! I'm kidding!!! :) You ROCK!
Love you!
Elise
Oh Shirley, that is an amazing card. I can't believe it was your first time using the images and tutorial. Now, that's talent and you've got it. I'm so happy that you share your experiences and sources.
All I can say is, WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! WOW Shirley! Take that back, I'm going to add GORGEOUS!
Pam Going Postal
Wow Shirley! I had to look twice. Beautiful coloring and I'm gonna check out the tutorial. Thanks for sharing!
(Gasp!) This is absolutely gorgeous, Shirley! Beautiful colors and added details, too. Off to check out Jacqui's tutorial--thanks for the link and good luck with the challenges! I think it's a winner!!
I'm fainting! Wow, this is gorgeous! I saw the tutorial before seeing your amazing piece. I must say, yours is absolutely perfect! So life-like! :) Great job Shirl!
Absolute stunning card, love the colouring, realy amazing! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week, Gemma
this is lovely, i adore the colours that you have used here
thank you for getting crafty with us at Crafty Cardmakers xx
hugs
Judie xx
OMGOSH Shirley....this is Absolutely Gorgeous!! Love the soft color of the blue.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Denise
Your card is simply adorable!! Love the image and the colors you used on this beautiful card!
Oh Shirley, You've done a wonderful job coloring this image! Beautiful card.
Jo xx
This is just so wonderful! I've seen her before but I really want this girl now too.
Thanks for entering our challenge over at Basic Grey Challenges.
Sandra and the BGC DT
so sweet card!! cute image!!thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs
tina46
swf-team
Fabulous layout and I just adore your combination of colours. GORGEOUS
Thanks for joining our floral challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox xx
Oh Shirley, this is breathtakingly beautiful! You've done an awesome job of coloring her and I love the papers you've paired up with her, so perfect to me! I love your cards, you do such gorgeous work, Shirley!
WOW Shirley! this is amazing and fabulous coloring! You really make this image come to life! looks as if you cut her out of a magazine! I only wish I could color like that. guess one day I will learn...hahaha! hope you have a great week!
Aww, she is really cute and sweet!! Beautifully colored!!
Hope you are doing well!!
Hugs
Jodi =)
She's beautiful, gorgeous coloring! Wishing you a wonderful day!~hugs
Shirley ! How fantastic to see you !
Wow, this is just breathtaking, simply adorable. Your colouring is just amazing. What more can I say.
Hugs,
Jo x
Post a Comment