Thursday, June 13, 2013

CASology #48 - Yellow

L Letterpress Starter Kit, L Letterpress Inks, L Letterpress Paper, 
L Patterned Paper Hello, Goodbye

The cue word for this week's CASology challenge is Yellow.  And what could be more happy than the color yellow when sending a cheerful HELLO.

This was my very first card using my L Letterpress Starter Kit.  I found it easy to use and luckily was able to do the printing on my first try.   



The card design is basically clean and simple but I wouldn't say the set up/clean up was "CAS" for just one card--the "simple" would have applied had I mass produced my card.    I think a gift box of 8 or 10 letterpress note cards might be a simple gift to make.  Well, they say talk is cheap--I should prove it by making one first shouldn't I, LOL.

Thanks for dropping by, have a nice day!

21 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Shirley! I spotted your card in the CASology gallery and was thrilled to see it was you! Had to come over and visit. ;)

Your letterpress kit is awesome!! And yes, I think you should crank out several sets of notecards. I love this CAS design!

Juls said...

very stylish! Hugs Juls

Mary J said...

I love that Shirley! Such a great use of space and pop of colour!

Creations by Shirl said...

ooh how pretty Shirley! Love the simplicity of it.....

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Beautiful CAS card Shirley.

Cyndi said...

This came out really nice! Love the cas! Very cheerful!

Meghan said...

Love the letterpress technique you used on your card! Fabulous! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

Janie Printz said...

Beautiful CAS card. Would make a lovely gift or just simply pop a few out to keep on hand when you need a quick & pretty little card for any occasion. So nice to see you back in blog land. You are missed my friend.
Hugs, Janie

Elise said...

HI Sweet Shirley! OooH yayyyy! You've made time to make a card .. and I must say it's so BEAUTIFUL, bright, and cheerful! What is NOT to LOVE about this?!!!

ps .. thank you so much for checking in on me yesterday! :) You really made me feel so loved! :)

Much Love,
Elise

Stephanie said...

Love this Shirley, you've tempted me with that letterpress kit! Can't wait to see the set of 8 :) x

Ardyth said...

Well done! I love the imprints that you've achieved and those funky blooms! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Greta said...

Terrific card! Love the letterpress look! Thanks for leaving me a comment.

Judy1223 said...

Shirley, what amazing letterpress images...just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous job with the letterpress, Shirley, and I love the sparkly card base!

Anonymous said...

love it Shirley! I've wondered about letterpress... so cool!

Karen Dunbrook said...

I like your cas....

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Fun card, Shirley--and in one of my favorite color combinations as well!

I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time! :)

Mary J said...

Oh I love love love this Shirley! Gorgeous use of white space!

Sue from Oregon said...

Shirley, Shirley, Shirley! I get so tickled when you post a new card...you must make more than one a month LOL!!! Love the CAS card and the cool effect you got from your new letterpress!!!

Tanja said...

Great job at the letterpressing. I letterpress with my Bigshot plates and I know it can be very fiddly and tricky so you did very well for the first try. I will be keeping on eye on your blog for more great work!

lostinpaper said...

Oh My, letter press looks like fun, especially if you get awesome results like this!