Monday, May 30, 2016

Birthday Bash

Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamp, Simon Says Stamp Cuddly Critters Accessories stamp
Paper Smooches Balloons die, Clearly Besotted So to Speak die


A few weeks ago, my girlfriend and I were talking over lunch about our upcoming birthdays next month and although it's true that time flies when you're having fun, we both cannot believe we'll soon be another decade older! What you see above is just about how some of our conversation went that day so I thought it would fun to put it into a card for her.  

I used Tim Holtz's stamp, Bird Crazy, colored them with copics, put Glossy Accents on their eyes, and sponged the balloon with distress ink.  My quotes were computer-generated and cut out with dies.  

I'll be entering my card in the following challenges:   AAA Cards Game #65 - The 2d Big Birthday Bash and Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes



Thanks for looking!
  

7 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hee-hee, that is so funny, made me laugh. Happy upcoming birthday to the two of you. Birthdays come too fast these days. Wish I could put on the brakes. LOL.

Virginia L. said...

SO cute! I love the coloring details and use of Crazy Bird images! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Melissa L. said...

This is super fun and cute, Shirley! Thanks so much for playing over at AAA Cards Birthday Challenge with you great CAS card. :)

Lynn said...

I really get the humor of your card. My girlfriends and I feel the same way. How did we get to be so old? I love your use of the TH birds. I bought the set awhile ago but haven't inked them up yet...never thought about using them for an old lady card...LOL!

Sue from Oregon said...

Ha! Personalized cards like this are always the best!!! Very fun! ♥ Sue Kment

Pam Sparks said...

haha So CUTE Shirley! Fabulous card sure to bring a smile! I agree with Sue up there Λ†! :D

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Shirley! I continue to see and delight over these Crazy Birds! What a giggle with the sentiments you've added! These are just perfect for fun cards for birthdays! Come to think of it, I have a friend whose birthday is coming up (well, it's a friend of my DH's and mine), and he would get a kick out of this one! Haha! Hugs, sweet friend!