Saturday, July 16, 2016

Inspirational Quote

Concord & 9th Sophisticated Script Stamp Set, 
Studio G stamps, Wink of Stella Brush Glitter Marker,

My sister-in-law gave me a coloring book of "inspiring quotes to color and keep" and as I was flipping through the book, I was inspired to make a coloring page of my own with one of my favorite motivational quotes.  

I stamped each letter with Versafine Onyx black ink to make the hand-scripted words, and I colored the floral images with copic and chameleon markers.  I used the colors from ColourQ's Challenge No. 350 and I followed the last row of Cas-ual Fridays Tic Tac Toe Challenge 152.  I used enamel dots on my flowers, did not use any patterned paper and although it's hard to see, I added sparkle to the flowers with a Wink of Stella brush.


Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge continues to inspire me to color a few minutes a day and I must say I AM doing more of what makes me happy.  :)

Thanks for dropping in and have a great day!

7 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Your card is very pretty and I love the inspiring quote. I actually love anything inspiring. Have a great weekend.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Shirley, what a brilliant idea to make your own coloring book. I love this beautiful quote and the lovely elements that you've colored! And I love the enamel dots in the flower centers. Truly stunning card! Hugs!

Sylvia said...

Very pretty, Shirley, welcome from Hawaii! So glad you joined in the fun at the colourQ.

Lisa Elton said...

I like all of those cute flowers dancing around the bold sentiment! Darling card!!

Ilina Crouse said...

Lovely! Thanks for playing along with the CAS-Fridays challenge

LisaH said...

Oh Shirley this is so cute!!! Great stamping!

Pam Sparks said...

Gorgeous! Your coloring page is the best! Fabulous sentiment stamping and floral coloring! Love it Shirley!