Monday, July 11, 2016

Just a Note

Penny Black Blooming Garden
 Papertrey Ink Don't Forget to Write sentiment

I have a really simple card to share with you today.  I chose this image as I thought daisies would be the easiest to color for my first try with the Chameleon markers I just recently purchased.  It took a little practice to know how long to infuse the nib with the toning medium but because the image was small, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.  I think I'll stick to the smaller images, though, when using the Chameleon makers.  This card is only 3 1/2" x 5",  a small note card. 

I'm still participating in Kathy's 30 DayColoring Challenge, trying to practice my coloring for at least 30 minutes a day.  This is only the second card so far but I'm enjoying coloring more and hopefully my card stash will increase along the way.

On a personal note, I want to thank Lynn for my markers, as I was able to buy them with the Ben Franklin gift card she sent me.  It was quite a surprise to find out I won a huge prize from her silent "un-contest" that she held on her blog.  Thank you so much for all the goodies Lynn!

I'll also be linking this card to Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge 201, Anything Goes.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  Have a great day!

5 comments:

Janie Printz said...

Might be a small card but it's beautifully done & packs a punch ...love to see you posting again.

Nandini said...

Very pretty card. Love the cheerful daisies and the large sentiment. Glad you joined us at ATSM. All the best to you. Nandini, DT

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Such a pretty card Shirley. You did a fabulous job blending the colors with your Chameleon markers.

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful Shirley! So fun you're getting to do the coloring days! Glad for us getting to see! :D

Inkyfingers said...

What a beautiful CAS design and I love your crisp stamping and lovely colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.