Tuesday, April 11, 2017

We Have a Birthday!



Hi there!  I'm back today to play in some challenges.  Since Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is "Happy Birthday", in celebration of their 8th birthday, I made this card to join in the fun.  The stamp and die set I used is Space Explorer from My Favorite Things.  I colored my images with copic markers and I used distress inks to create the background.

Since I did some spraying to create the splotches in the background and used a slider die from Your Next Stamp, I'll also be entering HLS Mixed Media April Challenge, Sprays, and HLS April Anything Goes with Dies.

I also wanted to share with you another project that I made with this stamp set.  My grandson, Tate, and my husband would often have discussions about our solar system and how the planets orbit our sun. Listening to Tate trying to name all the planets is what inspired me to buy this stamp set.  I wanted to make a space board that my grandsons could play with but yet learn from.


I purchased a magnetic dry erase board and attached magnetic sheets to my background paper as well as all the images so each object could be moved around and played with.  Hopefully we'll have some fun lessons with this as well.  (Some of the planets came from the Lawn Fawn Out of This World stamp set.)  

Thanks so much for visiting and have a great day!

10 comments:

Juls said...

Really fun xx

Tracy Freeman said...

Both are fantastic and the magnetic board is an awesome idea.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Pam Sparks said...

I love your card and magnetic board! How fun for your grandson! You go grandma! Fabulous creating Shirley!

Lynn said...

Wow, that is a great slider card! Love that background...perfect for an outer space look. The magnetic board is marvelous...you are a wonderful grandmother!

Julie B said...

What a fabulous idea, sure your Grandson loved it.
Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Anything goes with dies.:)

lostinpaper said...

How wonderful! I especially love your idea of the space board, I could use it myself to relearn the order of the planets... it's hard when they keep changing lol.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Shirley, what a sweet card for your grandson and amazing idea to make the magnetic board for you and your dear hubby to share with your grandson to learn about the solar system. So creative and darling! Hugs, precious friend! And I wish you a blessed Easter...He is risen indeed! xoxo

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

wonderful card
thanks for joining us at HLS
Barb Housner (DT)

laurie said...

What a fun card..so cute! Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers...so glad you joined us!

Linda said...

This is just so cute!! Thank you for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge xx