Monday, October 26, 2009

Manga Girl



There are so many cute stamps out there, it is so hard not to want to buy them all. I love Magnolia's Tilda, Anya, Bella, Swiss Pixie, Whiff of Joy's Willow, and Sugar Nellies for starters. But when I saw the Manga Girl, I just couldn't get her fast enough! She is sooo cute--don't cha just love her?!

I will be entering her in the following 4 challenges:

1.




The Sugar Bowl - sketch




2.
Little C's Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii - Color Combo
Lt Yellow, Lt Green, Rose Pink, Grey


3. Just Us Girls - 3-D Flower

4. Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - Border Punches

The Sugar Bowl also required the use of lace. Since I couldn't find a lace to match my colors, I made a "paper lace" with my Fiskars Border Punch--All A Fleur. I hope this passes. I used the Sizzix Flower Layers #3 to make my flower and put a button in the center and I used the Bow Easy again to make my bow. I had it for years and I wasn't using it. Now I just love it--it makes the perfect bows.

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. Have a good evening!

Card recipe:

Basic Grey Lemonade DP; Sugar Nellie Manga Girl #2 stamp; Copic Markers; Nestabilities; and Dew Drops (purchased at Little C's).

16 comments:

kris said...

Good Luck on your challenges girl... it's a beautiful card! i LOVE the DPs... and you colored her well... hugs, Kris

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh dear Shirley! Your card is so precious! I like all the detail, the pink dew drops, the lacy ribbon, & that 3-D flower with the rose center is FABULOUS! Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls 3-D flower challenge! I hope you visit Saturday for the new Wild Card challenge!

Unknown said...

So lovely card! :)

Jodi said...

Love your pretty card!! These colors are just perfect for her and Yes I love all of these stamps that you listed too!! I do have this cutie and have yet to put the card together... LOL!
Hugs
Jodi =)

AKiteFlier said...

What a Q_T_Pie this is. You are right - she's adorable. Nice job with the coloring. :-) Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls. Hope to see you Saturday for a WILD CARD challenge and a special surprise :-)

Kathy Jones said...

This is just Darling!!! Adorable little girl and so beautifully coloured!! Love the border punch!! Thanks for playing FTTC this week!!! :)

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Shirley this is sooooooo gorgeous!! Love your manga girl and your colouring is fab! You look like no beginner to me! Your lace border is stunning! HUgs Judy xx

Danni said...

What a great card! Love how you colored her and have her legs coming out of the box...very nice!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh she is so pretty and precious. Awesome job.

Jodi said...

I love your picture!! Now I know what you look like! =)
Hugs
Jodi =)

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, luv your colouring, great papers, lovely card, sue.x

Kristin Eberline said...

Shirley, what an absolutely adorable card! LOVE the layout and color scheme you chose, but I especially LOVE how you colored the sweet Manga Girl and your layered flower! Sooo cute :O)

Mililani?! :[ I sooo miss living in Hawaii. Take a deep breath when you step outside and think of me. I miss everything about Hawaii but probably the fragrant air the most.

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week! Hope to see you on Saturday for a fun Wild Card challenge I'm hosting! You don't want to miss it...EVERY participant will be a winner!!

Anonymous said...

Great card with lovely colouring and beautiful papers.
Barbara
xx

Jeanette said...

Fantastic card! Love the colors you have chosen as well as your coloring! Love this image as well!
Hugs Jeanette :)

Little C's Creations said...

Very pretty, Shirley!!! I'm sooo proud of you n' how you've been creating left n' right!!! Your card was the winning card! I'll be emailing you with the gift code to use at Little C's.

Hugs n' Aloha,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh Shirley this card is so pretty!! Love your interpretation of my sketch and the colors are so pretty!!! I too love all the stamps that you named!! Too many fab ones out there!!! Love the sugar nellies though and your right this image is so sweet!!
Thanks so much for playing along in the challenge :)Kathy