Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thinking of You

Hello! Hope you all had a great weekend!

It seems ages since I made a card. I took a break to catch up on my Korean dramas and I got stuck. It's bad when you can watch it on the internet because it's always "just one more episode and I'll stop" but of course I never did. I kept watching for hours on end.

Well, today I thought I better make another card and enter some challenges before I get really stale. I took out my cute pixie stamp to get me in the mood (don't you just love these images?) and had fun coloring her but I didn't do well on her face, it came out splotchy. Practice, practice, practice, right? I'll get better one day.

I will be entering Heidi in the following 6 challenges, starting with this sketch:




Create 4 Fun - sketch


CRAFT Challenge 21 - a recipe: 1 ribbon, 2 buttons, 3 papers


Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 5 - ribbons and fibres


Stamp Something - bling it
(glitters used on her hairpin and wings)


PaperPlay Challenge - favorite embellishment
(favorite embellishment: ribbons and flowers!)


Flutter by Wednesday 79 - butterfly or fairy
(Fairy - Pixie image)

Hmmm, that's a lot of challenges. Makes up for the week I lazed around, heehee.

Recipe:
Doodlebug Berry Blue DP and Bazzill CS; CC Designs Heidi among the flowers stamp; Marvy flower punch; Doodlebug buttons; Savvy thinking of you stamp; Doodlebug glitters and copic markers.


I really want to thank you for stopping by and for the comments you leave me. They really, really mean a lot! Have a great day!

18 comments:

Vixykins said...

The more i see these stamps the more I like them! They are soooo pretty! You've matched the paper to the colouring perfectly, gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers x

Danni said...

This is a fabulous card, oh so cute!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

kris said...

Great card Shirley! I love that image... you colored her very well! hugs, Kris

Unknown said...

So nice card! The image is so cute and I love the paper you used. :)

Elisa said...

Adorable card, thanks for taking part in PaperPlay.

Bev said...

So adorable! Gorgeous papers and such a darling image. Congrats on the great combo too x

Jodi said...

Such a cute card! I love this image and wonderful take on the sketch too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. with your beautiful card! Cheers Claire x

Stephanie said...

That is a lot of challenges! Oh my, such a beautiful card, I love it :) Hugs, Steph xxx

CraftyC said...

This is so sweet Shirley, cute card
Clairex

Magda said...

Lovely card. Great colours and image. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge & good luck.
Magda :)

Julie M said...

Ooh, I like that stamp too. Great card, Shirley, and great colouring too (I didn't even notice blotches on her face!).

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie

Crafting Queen said...

Pretty card, image is so cute. Thanks for taking part in the CRAFT challenge. Anesha

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, so cute, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo.

Julie said...

Beautiful card, lovely colouring. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week.
Julie x

Michelle Alejandro said...

Oh I love this card and the layout! Might have to use the sketch as inspiration for my next card! TFS!

Nicola said...

Wow what a beauty. Love your image and fab colouring Shirley and your paper and layout is gorgeous. Your ribbon and floral detail finishes this off to perfection.
Thank you for playing along with Flutter By Wednesday.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, adorable sweet image and I love those papers.
luv
Debby