Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sweet Halloween Tilda




I was invited to Jen Young's home this past Friday for a "color fun day" and got to meet some very nice ladies. We stamped, colored and of course ate throughout the whole time we were there (what's a get together without good food, eh?) and had a lot of fun! We even got to do some shopping at Little C's, located right in Jen's living room. Oh, btw, she has a fabulous Magnolia sale going on right now. She's selling them for just $6 each so visit her right away before she sells out!

I got my Magnolia Tilda w/Spider image from her just in time to make this card for these challenges:





Just Magnolia Challenge sketch




Stamp Something, Stampin' for the Weekend, and Everybody Art Challenge - Halloween

Charisma Cardz' Challenge 42 - Delightful Daisys

Cute Card Thursday's Challenge 83 - Sweet/Candy Corns

I used the Atyou Spica glitter pens that I won from a blog hop by La-La Land Craft. This candy was from one of their designers--Sue, of Sue's Stamping Stuff. I don't think you can see the glitter from this photo, but I lined her hat, the bows in her hair, her shoelaces and the spider with these pens. I'm so lovin these pens--thanks so much, Sue!

Do any of you own a Bow Easy? I bought this thingie years ago but never used it. Well, the other day I came across Gina K's video on Stamp TV and finally learned how to do it. It really was bow easy and it comes out so much nicer than doing it freehand. I guess it was worth buying--that is, if I continue to use it.

Thanks so much for dropping by. I appreciate it sooo much!


Card details: Doodlebug and k.i. Memories DP, Prima flowers, copics, nestabilities, and Fiskar punch.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet! I love your coloring. Thanks for sharing :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh she is so cute, awesome job.

Sue from Oregon said...

oh I have to get a bow easy...the bows are so pretty! Lovely take on this sketch as well...and Jen's house...you lucky duck! This card also matches with this week's La La Land #9 challenge of sparkly! Glad you are having fun with the pens!

CraftyC said...

Love your card Shirley, so cute
Clairex

Danni said...

Aww, Tilda is adorable in this Halloween card! Great job!

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Great halloween card,great image.
Thanks for joining us.
Hugs agnes
eac-team

Nixe-Moni said...

Wow what a gorgeous halloween card. Love sweet Tilda and the fab colours.
Thanks for joining in our challenge.
Hugs
Moni
EAC-Team

Mephisto said...

Stunning work. love this image so much!

Thanks for joining in by EAC.

Greetings
Domi

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! Shirley, this is really precious hun!! I love it!! I just got this image in and I can't WAIT to start using it!! Thanks so much for your beautiful inspiration today!! HUGS

Denise said...

Very beautiful card! I love your coloring. Have a great week.
Hugs~

Michelle Alejandro said...

This is too cute! Love the colors! Isn't Jen the best!

Unknown said...

Oh this is so lovely, really adorable, thanks for playing along at Charisma this week.

Jan x

Penni said...

Great card. This Tilda image is sooo cute. I love the papers you've used too.

Thanks for joining us at SFTW this week - Good Luck!

Hugs
Penni
X

Little C's Creations said...

Hey Shirley, this is awesome!! I love your coloring, and your card turned out soooo cute!! Thank you for coming, I had a lot of fun with you and the other ladies.... looking forward to our next "hang out" day together.

BTW - Can I post this card in our Magnolia gallery? Please let me know...

Big Hugs n' Blessings,
Jen

Lisa H. said...

darling Halloween image. nice accents. thanks for playing with us at stamp something.

Allison said...

great HAlloween Tilda, thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Tracy said...

Beautiful colouring and great detail.
Thanks for joining SFTW, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Annie said...

such a cute Halloween Tilda on your card. thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x

Vanja said...

Beauttiful card! Fabulous papers and image. I love the ribbon and the flower.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck!
Vanja

Jodi said...

A very sweet card! She is an adorable Halloween Tilda too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Anonymous said...

Too cute!!!! Love the colors & details :)

Nicola said...

Fabulous colouring Shirley and what a cute image. Love your papers and gorgeous punch - your bow and floral detail is so pretty.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-