Hello! Hope you all had a fun and safe Halloween as we did. My oldest son LOVES Halloween and went all out again this year with his decorations in his front yard--and it just gets more and more spectacular every year! But what surprised me most this year was that my younger son came to the party in costume! Now that was a first! I told him I was relieved to see that he'll be a fun dad when the time comes. I thought he was going to be an old fuddy-duddy, LOL! (I can say whatever, I don't think he reads my blog, hee hee.)
Now for my card. Would you believe I found 7 challenges that I can enter my Pretty Hat Anya in? Starting with a sketch and the color challenge, they are:
1. Create 4 Fun Challenge - Sketch
2. Little C's Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii Aloha Friday Challenge - Pink n' Black
3. One Stop Craft Challenge 53 - Newspaper/Text
4. PaperPlay Challenges 09 - Parlez Vous, any language other than English
5. Papertake Weekly Challenge - Spots 'n' Stripes
6. Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 7 - Stamp Something
7. Saturday Spotlight With Hidden Potential! - In So Many Words
It was such a coincidence that 3 challenges had text as their criteria. I don't know what the language on the background DP is but I do know it's not English. I colored Anya with Copic Markers and used white opal Liquid Pearls on her necklace.
My sister-in-law is ill right now so I'll be sending her this "we're thinking of you" card. I hope it can cheer her up a bit.
Thanks so much for spending some of your precious time with me. I really appreciate it!
Card recipe:
Stamp: The Greeting Farm - Pretty Hat Anya
Paper: 7Gypsies, kimemories, SEI, Bazzill
Accessories: Nestabilities, Dew Drops, Lasting Impressions Silver Brads, feather, pearl, flowers and striped ribbon from stash
19 comments:
I love your card, esp. the color combo and all the little details you added! Great job! TFS!
Found you thru Kris' blog and I'm super glad that I did. Your cards are gorgeous!
This card is really beautiful! Love the color combo!
Gorgeous card! fabulous colour combo and love your text dp. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge. Donna x
Just found your blog and added it to my favorites - love your work.
Shirley it's beautiful!!! love the color combo and the way you colored her... oh my, i love everything about this card! Good luck sweetie! it's a fabulous entry! hugs, Kris
Love your Anya image. Beautiful card.
Hi Shirley!! AWW!! She's just as sweet as can be!! I love your layout and your pretty colors!! :) I love your wording background paper and she looks so elegant with it!! Thanks for playing with us this week at Saturday Spotlight!! HUGS
Super cute card! I'm sure your sister-in-law will love it. Hope she gets well very soon :)
Your card is so nice! :)
I have fallen in love with your beautiful Anya card! Just gorgeous!!
Shirley, this is just adorable! I love the color combo and of course your pretty additions to her outfit!
Hugs
Jodi =)
Great card, Shirley. I love your pink/white/black colour combination - very classy. And your image and colouring are so cute.
Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.
Julie
Oh how cute!! Great combo of challenges and colors. Love your image and the dp!! Thanks for playing with us at the Sat. Spotlight!
How adorable Shirley and in such a beautiful colour combo. Loving your image, colouring and gorgeous papers.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-
Very Pretty Shirley!!! Thanks for playing....
Much Hugs,
Jen
Congratulations Shirley!!!
just gorgeous! Love the colour combo and the detail you have added to her hat!!
your card is so beautiful! i love the colors and the flowers! thanks for sharing :)! much aloha~!
Love the little touches on the hat and necklace, fab! Many thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers challenge
Post a Comment