Friday, December 11, 2009

Wishing You the Blessings of the Season


Happy Friday!  I  bet everyone is glad the weekend is here.  Are you all still busy Christmas shopping or making gifts and/or cards?  I can't believe I haven't even put up my Christmas decorations yet!  I better get to it tomorrow or I won't have much time to enjoy it.

A short post today to show you the easel card I made for my other sister.  I was so taken by a card that was on display in our neighborhood stamp store called MunchKins that I had to case it.  Kellie's card was so beautiful I just had to make one like it for my sister, using the same DP and stamp that Kellie used and Jeanette's sketch.   

If you're in the Mililani area, visit Cyn at MunchKins--she's such a sweet lady.  She carries a wide variety of stamps (all the ones that I love--Magnolia, the Greeting Farm, StampingBella...) papers, copic makers and a whole lot of everything you would need.    I just love having her nearby--now any time I need something, I can just run down to her store.  And, it was there that I finally got to meet Michelle U in person--yay!  She is another sweetie!

Well, I better stop now and straighten up my craft room--looks like a tornado just ran through it, lol.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

18 comments:

1LuvnMama said...

OMG Shirley! That is just beautiful! I luv how you use the soft colors . . . btw, I got your OCS in the mail and I was beaming, literally! I "made" 1LuvnDad look at your piece & he was very impressed! That's good coming from a former Fine Arts teacher.

Oh, and yes, Michelle is such the nicest person ever!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is a gorgeous easel card Shirley!! Love your colors,image, coloring and the awesome bow.Very pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wowzer!! Now this is just gorgeous!! Look at that yummy ribbon!! Such beautiful colors and details!! HUGS

Denise said...

Shirley,
WOW, this is so pretty! I love that image & the colors you used for this sweet card. Have a nice weekend.

Linda said...

Hey Shirley! My goodness - this is such a sweet card! The colors are beautiful and your ribbon matches this card perfectly! Fantastic job Shirley! Have a wonderful week and happy mail coming soon! xoxo, Linda

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

shirley
beautiful card...love the details...such awesome work...TFS
hugs
Liann

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card! Love the cute Magnolia image and the fabulous colors... great punched border! TFS!

Cyndi said...

very beautiful card!

Cindy Haffner said...

Soft and so so pretty.

Amy said...

Oh, this is a gorgeous card! I love the colors and that snowflake border is a perfect touch! Wonderful coloring of the cute image!

joni h said...

beautiful card! your coloring is great! that image is so adorable! have a great weekend!

Denise Marzec said...

Awwwwww! Sweet image, beautifully colored, and I LOVE that perfect blue bow!

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! I love the bow and the image. Great job. TFS :)

Danni said...

What a beautiful card!! Fabulous job! Love the little puppy and kitty figurine too!

Allison Rankin said...

This is one special creation...should be in a magazine!

Michelle Alejandro said...

LOVE this card! I really want to try and make one of these easel cards, but where is the time, lol. It was so nice meeting you in person too! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Shirley she is delightful! Gorgeously colored and designed!
Pam Going Postal

Renata Scrap said...

THIS CARD IS SO CUTE!

BEIJOS