Hello! I hope you are all having
a bloomin' wonderful day!
Yesterday, I was all set to make a card--had my DP, embellies and sentiment out, and then, agh! none of the stamps I had seemed to go with what I had in mind. I later thought of Amy Young's Darby & Bumbles images and just had to have it so I logged in to All That Scraps, ordered and downloaded the digital images and in seconds was all set to go again. Aren't digitals wonderful!
This turned into an easel card because the sentiment was large and Stampin' Up! Stitched Sweet Pea flowers were used (thanks again Brenda!) as it fit perfectly for the challenges with sewing themes.
The challenges:
All That Scraps - Sewing on your project
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - #56, Sew Special
Simon Says Stamp! - Things with Wings
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Challenge 100, Happy Birthday
The recipe:
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Quite Contrary
Stamp: Sweet November Digitals image by Amy Young; My Favorite Things Punch a Bunch
Tools: Martha Stewart Grass Punch; Colluzle
Other: Copic Markers, Stampin' Up! Felt Sweet Pea, ribbon, pop dots, Dew Drops, rub-on stitches
Before I leave you, I just want to give a big thank you shout out to a dear blogging friend and creator of these Sweet November stamps-- Amy Young! I can't believe how lucky I was to have won her preview giveaway of her newest fairy, Clover Greenfield. Not only did I win this new stamp and a huge bunch of embellies , I also won Amy's handmade card--the most gorgeous card ever!!! Visit Amy's blog HERE for a better view of her card. I was so thrilled to have won an Amy original, I was doing cartwheels!!! Thank you Amy, I look at your card every day and am mesmerized by Clover's beauty! I hope to ink her up soon.Thanks everyone for dropping by.
I really appreciate your visits and sweet comments!
30 comments:
your card is so so gorgeous!! Love the felt flowers! congrats on your win! Hugs Juls
Love your easel card, Shirley! I'm still waiting for my grass border punch so I can make pretty grass like you! And yes, you are one lucky lady to have won Amy's yummy candy and CARD! Have a great week!
Oooh, this card is so cute! I love the sewn flower embellie you've added! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.
Your right, she is perfect, love those felt pieces you've been using...a sweet easel card Shirley! And congrats on the candy win...an amazing one! ~hugs
Gorgeous card Shirley! Love the stamp you used and the grass punch works perfect together with the flower dp.
Hugs,
Larissa
PS. you asked me about the measurements from my box that I made for Tiddlyinks. I will email you with a drawing and the measurements. I will try to do that this week.
Everything just fits perfectly on your card - great job - love the sentiment, felt pieces, the grass and how you did the cutouts.
Oh Shirley, first of all, let me tell you CONGRATULATIONS on your candy win! You truly deserve it love!!! :) What wonderful candy for a wonderful lady!!! Yayyy!
Alright, then let's talk about your BEAUTIFUL card here!!! My goodness! well, things work out for a reason huh? It was meant to be, that none of your stamps seemed to fit what you had in mind! This digi definitely works here! This is gorgeous Shirley! And let me tell you again, I don't know how in the heck you gals can cut out your images so darn PERFECTLY! It amazes me to the bone! These colors you've used are soooo DELIGHTFUL and those flowers from Brenda are too pretty for words! Must I say? You've done it again my friend! You made another knockout card that *sings* sooo prettily to me! :) Love it!
Big Hugs to you!
Elise
What a great card, the image is great and the felt flowers are just stunning never seen anything like them before! Really gorgeous this is! Gemma
And what I forgot to see, thank you for joining us at SSC this week! Gemma again
So cute card! Congrats on winning the blog candy :)
Beautiful!! I LOVE those felt flowers, and the way you placed them on the card.
Hugs,
Denise
Oh this is so beautiful I love that image thank you for the link just gone and bought a digi lol...I love the colours and your card design a real little cutie.
Hugs
Lorraine x
Your Darby is "bloomin' wonderful" Shirley! So cute and the felt flowers and Quite Contrary paper are perfect with her... I can see how digital shopping really works out at times! lol Adorable card!
Pam Going Postal
what a lovely card! that image is too cute and I never purchased her yet! love the easel card. so sweet. congrats on your winnings too! love that card you got too! have a good Monday!
I am starting to fall in love with the digis too. Great candy... you deserve every bit of it! I like the way you incorporated the flowers on your card! Have a great week!
So very cute...lovin those felt flowers you have been using. That Brenda gives you good stuff! Glad you found the perfect image...now you can sleep tonight LOL! I hate it when I have something very specific in mind, I think and think until it comes together, and this card certainly did that!
This card is so sweet! You are amazing and your detailing is right on! Congrats again on winning Amy's candy! You lucky girl . . . Amy's coloring of Clover is pure gorgeous! :) I can stare at her all day too!
Oh just so CUTE!!!
very cute card! i love the scene and the girl! she is a cutie!
Another adorable card! I can't believe I never bought those felt flowers, they are too cute!
Hugs,
Michelle
Another cute card Shirley! Love the pretty paper and flower you used for the card!! Thanks also for joining us at All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge!
Congrats on the candy too!
Hugs
Jodi =)
As always, another fabu creation! And those felt embellies are making me drool!
awww.... this is so incredibly cute, Shirley!!!!! your felt flower are the cutest!!!! i love love love this easel card!!! =)
This is so adorable, Shirley! Your coloring of Darby is amazing, she's never looked cuter! I love that sentiment and those felt flowers are a sweet touch! :)
(I'm so happy you are enjoying your goodies, I'm glad you won too!)
an amazing card Shirley, the felt flowers work really well gorgeous.. congrats on your win..xxx
A beautiful card Shirley, the flowers are so gorgeous.
Liza x
Such a cute, cute card! Love the image and the DP - it all works together so wonderfully! Beautiful flowers as well!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥ Good luck on the challenge!
Dee (Spryte)
This is gorgeous Shirley, The digi image is so cute and I love the pretty papers and detailing.
Hugs
Debbie x
Shirley, your work is always amazing! I love the details you put on each and every card. What can I say? This card is beautiful!
Wow, what a beautiful card!!! I love that image. Your details are great too!
Post a Comment